Joey

Joey and the High School Friend

Aired Tuesday 8:00 PM Dec 08, 2005 on NBC

• This could have been a decent episode.

Of course when you have one to many pot jokes, with the word pot replaced by chocolate milk, I start to wonder if this is a spinoff of Friends.

Why is Eddie back and playing a different character??!! Like there are no other actors out there that haven't had a part in this spin-off's original series.

And, oh God the chocolate milk jokes were so ungodly NOT funny. I wanted to turn the Tv off and say that I was done with Joey. But I am not saying that and i won't.

I just might think twice before I pay the kind of money I've paid for to buy Friends on DVD.

Just because the viewers are lacking doesn't mean you should shoo the rest of us away!
  • One of the reasons this show isn't that good!

This episode had some funny jokes and a few plot twists, but they really didn't catch me off guard, and were pretty obvious really. Another thing that annoys me is the use of previous "Friends" characters. Jennifer Coolidge, the actress that plays Bobbie was allright i guess, as she had such a tiny roll on the predecessor to this show, but now using Adam Goldberg to play Jimmy (Previously Chandler's room-mate Eddie), just doesn't make sense, seeing he had a bigger roll. It just adds to the poor quality of the show, and the spin-off value seems to decrease with every episode. Allusions are rarely made to his life or friends in New York, and I don't know if this is perhaps due to copy-right reasons, but I do know that it makes the show less understandable.
  • If this still should be a pure comedy show, then they lost track!

Seriously, when this show still should be only about comedy, like it’s intended the producers lost track. There were a lot of jokes around, sure. But the show has more serious moments in, than ever. I don’t like that. I don’t watch Joey because of some “family drama”; I watch it, because I want some fun!
    I have to admit the storyline is worked out properly and it was interesting to get to know who Michael’s dad is.
    But the way they did it, was just boring. They really could have done it with some more surprises instead of all the obvious way they did. Sure it was fun to see Michael and his father act simultaneously and Gina falling all over again for him. It was obvious after just a couple of minutes.
    The jokes with the chocolate milk weren’t that funny. Sure the first time I laughed too, but then. And the entire scene with Alex and Joey’s manager - no, I don’t think it’s any funny.
    And about Alex: I really like her. But what’s she doing now. She just has some old jokes fantasising about Joey. Nothing more! Always when she was involved before, things heated up, but now it’s just painful to see her around without any major role in the story.
    And Gina not being wild at Joey, then I just muss something in the show. It always was a running gag, but now. I really hope it’s getting better again.
  • OK episode, the math was wrong

Not a bad episode - my only complaint is the wrong Math. Joey asked Gina when she slept with Jimmy and she said 22 years ago. When he asked how old Michael is, she said 22 years and 9 months.

If she slept with Jimmy 22 years ago, Michael should be around 21 years and 3 months old. I like this show but errors like these just disturb me.

And I think the thing about Jimmy being Crazy Eddie in Friends before is OK. They've done that in Friends before like when Giovanni Ribisi was a guest as a condom guy then later appeared in several episodes as Frank Jr.
  • Micheal learns that his real birth father is an out of work homeless genius who just kicked the alcohol habit. Joey starts to hang out with cast crew drug users to fit in.

OK. episode. can take it or leave it. Not great but very entertaining. Micheal learns that his real birth father is an out of work homeless genius who just kicked the alcohol habit. Joey starts to hang out with cast crew drug users to fit in. supporting actors were great.
  • This episode had some funny moments, but like many episodes from this series it was just lakcing alot. The character development was great, introducing Michael's Dad, and Jimmy was portrayed very well by Adam Goldberg.

This episode had some funny moments, but like many episodes from this series it was just lakcing alot. The character development was great, introducing Michael's Dad, and Jimmy was portrayed very well by Adam Goldberg. The whole "chocolate milk" thing was funny at first, but got rather tedious by the end of the episode.