Joey

Joey and the Sex Tape

Aired Tuesday 8:00 PM Nov 10, 2005 on NBC

• I liked this episode. It was funnier than the last few times, but more serious too. I think the show is getting better.

Joey is now a big movie star. Well he doesn’t seem to work anymore, except of the promotion on this talk show we see him in, in this episode. Well there are a few things unclear to me. For example: Why doesn’t he live already in his new house? Well as we saw three episodes ago, thing didn’t went that well, but when he was serious about buying a house. The fact that at the first location, things weren’t going that well shouldn’t disturb a guy like Joey. OK, that was just a sideline, back to this episode.
    So Bobby is hilarious again. First she really hopes that she can enjoy the sex scandal of Joey. Although she’s afraid, he will take her down too. Second she orders Gina to play her and get a medical check up. So Gina finds out about the really bad physical condition and that Bobby is getting 40 in a few days, but to that later.
    Joey is really embarrassed by the tape and really wants to prevent it to get public. So he meets with the girl he’s with on the tape. She wants a public apologize for the things Joey told her before they had sex. He told her, that they are getting married just to get her. Well we all know, that you can’t joke about that, especially not with girls. She really thought back then, that they were getting married and organized everything with her family.
    We learn all that, when Joey shows the tape to his friends. The tape itself looks hilarious too, I mean look at them! The hair, the styling and their cloths. I know that back then, that was usual, but although I think it’s funny. So Joey has the will to apologize to the tape girl in national television. Ellen DeGeneres plays her part really nice. The show is filmed really well and Joey really tries to apologize, but as we now him, he isn’t that talented in such things. The whole thing is getting a really big joke and everybody thinks that Joey is just a funny guy. So Joey as to apologize to the “tape girl” after he messed up his apology. Well I only say about that, I went surprisingly well…
    Meanwhile Gina finds out about Bobby’s 40 Birthday, as I wrote above. Gina isn’t sure what she should do, because Bobby never mentioned it. Alex tells her, to order a bottle of wine to the restaurant Bobby told, she’s going to celebrate, but there isn’t any table reserved for her. So Alex and Gina think that Bobby has no friends she could celebrate with. So when they go to her apartment, they are surprised. There’s a big party going on. A party Bobby didn’t want to be public, because she “a-list”. But who’s there too? Joey! But Joey and a top secret party, how did that happen? We’ll never know.
    Sure this episode has its downs as well as any other, but this time, Joey was a lot more serious. I laughed as always, but the story was better, more meaningful, than in many other episodes. I think that isn’t bad for this show.
    But at the end I think that there’s a goof in this episode. When Joey turns on the video camera it looks like the buttons are just at the side of the lens, as it is today, but the picture should be 20 years old! Back then a video camera was bigger than a notebook is today and the buttons never could have been so close to the lens. It’s my opinion, but I’m not that sure, because I never had a video cam 20 years ago…