Joey

NBC (ended 2006)

WWSista

Joey Fan Reviews (277)

• Wish the show was still on!

I've never really been into blogs or writing reviews but when I finished watching all the episodes of Joey recently, I so sad and disappointed that the show was canceled that I started searching for answers on why anyone would be crazy enough to do that. The show was amazing!!! There were so many moments I couldn't stop laughing out loud! The characters grew on you quickly and I loved how Joey's character developed so subtly and went from somewhat of a silly character on Friends to one that was pretty irresistible. He was still silly but witty and a little romantic and just plain old lovable. Even the writers on Friends couldn't develop Joey's character that way. Towards the end when the whole thing with Rachel happened, I don't know if it was just me, but it was odd and difficult to believe. And this is coming from a HUGEEE Friends fan. I, too, miss the show dearly and was hoping to get a little more from the rest of the group when I started watching the first few episodes of Joey but it didn't take long for me to appreciate the show for what it was. And that slight continued hope of seeing Rachel and Ross or Monica and Chandler, etc. appear just added to the charm of the show. Compared to what's on tv now, I would say it would easily rank on the same level as Big Bang, Two and a Half Men (with Ashton and before), and How I Met Your Mother (aside from this last almost below mediocre season) and definitely miles ahead of shows like Rules of Engagement and Mike & Molly. Anyway, what a bummer! Oh and Matthew Perry's Go On is pretty awesome if any of you are still looking for those familiar faces! [Cougar Town just didn't cut it for me, maybe a part of it is because Courteney Cox looks so different now (not being mean just thought she was beautiful without the changes) that I don't feel like she's as familiar of a face but, regardless, the writing is just blaaa].
  • I was one of those FRIENDS-fans who under appreciated Joey so much. After having watched all FRIENDS episodes and loved each and everyone i started to watch Joey in the television.

I really didn't like it, i thought they should have picked another cast member or made another season of friends, but I think the reason I thought this, was cause i was still hung up on the other show. This last week i've used on watching all Joey episodes and I must admit this show is somewhat alot better than FRIENDS, if it had had a chance to become as long I'm sure It could be called WAY better. Problem is just that you sort a grew up with friends for those 10 years where it aired watching an episode of it almost everyweek for 10 years solid that means alot. Joey came right after and I, for one, was unhappy with the fact that it was now Joey and not Friends that ran. But now this past week where I watched all of Joey I can nothing but admit that Joey is better. A problem with Friends in my opinion is that there are many moments with pretty lame funnyness, or moments where you just feel the audience shouldn't be laughing as you are nowhere near that point, to be fair though there are many very funny moments in friends too where you can nothing but laugh the first time. But in Joey, there are soo many MUSTLAUGH sequences, it's just so great, I didnt really notice any lame laughs from audience as i did so many times in friends which i found anoying at times, plus, in Joey it doesn't just take a rewatch to stop laughing at something, it takes several. The only bad thing I can think of of Joey at this time is the fact that it was cancelled, and how they made alex and Joey as a couple in the 2 very last episodes of season 2, - This comes from me who was otherwise a very HUGE Friends fan. But anyways in my opinion it's: Joey > Friends. And you guys who think otherwise you should give Joey a chance with no prejudice.
  • IT'S NO FRIENDS. BUT IT'S HILARIOUS!

I understand why this show failed. It's not even close to how good Friends was. But it is still a wonderful show!

Every episode I laughed from start to finish. Joey, Gina, Alex, Bobbie, and even Michael were so funny.

This show was good, but when everyone watched it, they all compared it to Friends. If you just look at this show by itself, it is a really good comedy show.

I was so mad when this was cancelled in the middle of Season 2. NBC should have never have moved it to Tuesdays.

I have the first season DVD and I am just waiting for the second season to come out. RELEASE IT.
  • This show is awesome, its funny, and a great family show

Joey is not Friends but is when Joey moves on with his life and takes his carrer to Los Angeles. From three of the executive producers behind the mega-successful hit series "Friends" comes the highly anticipated new comedy "Joey." Matt LeBlanc reprises his "Friends" role as charming and still-single Joey, who has struck out on his own and moved to Hollywood, hoping to truly make it as an actor.
  • great show i like this tv. show very much i think it is the continue of friends it's a great like friend and very funny why it canceled ??????????????????? please continue it again

i like this tv. show very much i think it is the continue of friends

it's a great like friend and very funny why it canceled ?????????????????????????????????????????

please continue it again
  • Funny and a great family show

Joey says goodbye to a time when his friends were his family and welcomes the chance to turn his family into his friends. After reuniting with his high-strung sister Gina (Emmy winner Drea de Matteo, "The Sopranos"), a strong and sexy hairdresser, Joey moves in with her genius 20-year-old son, graduate student Michael (Paulo Costanzo, "Road Trip"), who literally is a rocket scientist. What Joey lacks in book smarts, however, he more than makes up for with his people skills, making him the best new friend his nephew could ask for.
  • The greatest

i think joey was the greatest comedy show that their ever was i just dont get why they had to cancel it . but i dont even know if they canceled it or not because i just found out that it was canceled *crys*.
    IT was cool and funny just like friends and i thought that it was going to last for a long time but i guess not enough people watched it for it to be good enough for it to stay on.

If anyon out there has not seen the show "Joey" then i think that you should find a way to see the episodes and watch them all!
    It was my favorite show....well after "Friends" Anyway!
  • Friends Spin-off, Joey goes to Hollywood where his sister and his nephew reside.

When i first heard that Joey (my favourite Friends character) is making his own show I got so excited. When I finally sat down and watched the first season, i still was in shock of how successful and brilliant Matt Leblanc can be. I think if any other member from Friends attempted to do a spinn-off it won't be as successful and funny as Joey. The visuals in this series also makes it really fun to watch cause it looks alot more modern than the set-up and furniture in Friends. Great show and is a must-see!! can't wait for season 3!
  • I really enjoy watching this series. It makes me laugh every time and Joey was my favorite from friends and I think it’s brilliant that they continued his life from friends in becoming an actor in this series.

I really enjoy watching this series. It makes me laugh every time and Joey was my favorite from friends and I think it’s brilliant that they continued his life from friends in becoming an actor in this series. Obviously nothing compares with friends that were comedy on another level. Joey is for his fans who will never get sick of the line How you doin
    The show is getting fewer views as it goes on because I think viewers believe the show can go no where and will always be the same. They should give a new direction for the show and maybe if possible bring some of the cast from friend’s back to try keep with that feeling it had. I mean who just stops talking to there closets friends like that. He never goes back to New York to see them or they never come out to L.A. They should bring them to appear in a few episodes and that will increase more ratings and viewers. This show should not be cut it had big potential to be just as good as friends. That is a big call but can be done. Things that might need to fix this show is get Gina to tone it down a bit and let others shine, also arrange the plot and head for a new direction. In overall as a die hard Joey fan I think its great his still on TV and would disagree that Joey should be cut from air. It’s a wonderful character and no one else could play it better then Matt LeBlanc. I think there are many who will agree with my thoughts and believe that Joey should be far from gone.
    I Love both friends and Joey and it was very sad when friends called it time, I also think it will be sad to see Joey cut. Great show!! Hope goes on for many more years to come.
    BEST SHOW AROUND!!!
  • So it's not as popular and nice as Friends, but...

"Joey" is still a decent show where it starts where Joey Tribbiani (Matt LeBlanc, "Friends") in "Friends" left off. So Phoebe went with her husband Mike Hannigan, Monica went with husband and best friend Chandler Bing, and Ross went with spouse Rachel Greene...what happened to Joey?!?!?!

This show is honestly one of the best.
  • In my top five shows of all time!

This is (was) by far one of the best shows on the air before it was pulled. Matt LeBlanc is an acting genius and continued to prove it with his performances on Joey. Everyone knew he was good from friends, and this show gave his character a little more development, looking at what happened to Joey when the friends went their ways after ten years together in Manhattan. The show is full of references to some of the most classic of friends episodes, such as when Joey recalls telling Rachel he loved her, but she was having Ross\'s baby and they ended up together, or that the group once thought he and Chandler were a couple. I am very disappointed that this show has been pulled off the air, because it had a level of comedy in it that has been missing from TV for a long time.
  • NBC you Suck you hear me

nbc see has gone to far this time for canceling this show i can understand not have good ratings but briging one episode of a 3 month wait on a new day its not going to be great ratings nbc cancelled the best spin off series to one of the greates televisions series well nbc you suck
  • This show was about a young man who moved from new york with his best friends to california to live with his family

THis show was about joey who when all his friends left new york he then left to go to california to see if his career would get any better and to see and get a new life and that is why he headed there to be with his family and hopefully get his career going
  • Friends was a great show but the best character in the show was easily Joey thats what I was stoked to hear that he got a spinoff and that the character would continue. I've seen every episode in the series and I'm quite pissed that its been cancelled.

since they cancelled it after only 1 and 1/2 seasons it probably wont have a dvd come out which is very much bullsh*t...the show was great and I wanted to see how it would have gone with Alex and Joey and the Zach character was hilarious with all the big stars who supposedly hate him and such. This very much sucks and NBC execs couldnt care less what I think and I know it but Joey didnt deserve the axe like alot of other shows.
  • I liked friends and I love the show Joey. It was fresh and funny and it was left with a couple of cliffhangers. I need answers!!!!! lol PLEASE bring \"JOEY\" back. Thanks and God bless!

Joey is a fresh and funny show with the funniest friend on it. It is cool meeting his sister and seeing how he mingles with her. I wish they would bring Chandler or Ross on the show for a visit, or even better, move to California also. lol The show was never boring because he is striving to have an acting career and juggle his love life. I like his nephew room mate. I am so disappointed that Joey might be cancelled. Please consider returning the show to NBC. It doesn\'t matter to me which night it is on, I\'ll still watch it.

Thanks for listening to me.

• Are you telling me you Cancelled Joey WTF is the matter with you NBC takes their best show and cancel it omg this really pisses me off everytime there is a good show they decicide to end it this Sucks i love this show almost as much as friends

I don\'t get it everyone liked it and it was a spin off that actually successful so here is a bright idea lets take a show that everyone likes and lets end it just to piss people this show had everything comedy,drama,it was a unique show a love story but SOB NBC decides o we don\'t want to make people happy anymore
  • This show is so fabulous! All of the charaters are sexy, even Micheal! Everything that happens is funny to me whether it is intensional or not. If this show does not finish out its second season and come out on DVD I am going to be really upset.<

I disagree with all of the negative feedback. This show is a refreasher from all of the boring-same-old shows.
    I am geting really tired of realty tv. I LOVE sitcoms.
    There are no other funny shows out there; I do not understand why this one is lacking in air-time.
    All you need is more publicity and a 3rd season!!! PLEASE!!!
    I was hooked on this show from day 1, I never for a minute thought it was a flop.
    I was a big Friends fan, and now it is great to see something different. There are many things here that are similar; large character base, funny, funny, funny,, good loking characters, but I am glad this show is not all mushy the way Friends became w/ Racheal & Ross/ Rachael & Joey/ Monica and Chandler, blah blah blah.
    I love the fact that Joey is faling in love w/ Alex. I think it is great that he found someone he can truly share life with and be absolutly halarious the entire time!!
    This is an amazing sitcom, do not stop now!!
  • It's definitely a great show but it gets better as we go! (nice rhyme ah..?)

It's definitely a great show but it gets better as we go!
    (nice rhyme ah..?)Hey Matt If you are reading this text, i want you to know that we really love what you are doin and we will always be with you...(and i'm "be-halfin" people's words) h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h (my english are bad) d d d d
  • JOEY WAS THE BEST SHOW OF ALL TIME, BRING IT BACK!!

This show is hilarious. The girls are hot and the guys are funny as every...What more can you want? It is a huge hit that is EXTREMELY under appreciated. NBC is retarded cuz there are still a bunch of Friends\' fans out there that still love this show. Bring it back rite now!
  • Very good movie!!

I really trust that the tv show JOEY will be back on air soon! And i hope Matt Le Blanc figured out his personal problems,and we must keep the fate that the show will go on ,and we will expect,the new series of that really great tv show.Please let the show go on!:(
  • What are you thinking NBC?

How in the heck are you people thinking? You put the show on, you take it off. Then you bring it back on again, then take it off after one show. No wonder there is not alot of people watching. We can't keep up of what night is on, or if its on at all!!! Give the show a chance!!!! You had worse TV shows on and run longer than Joey. All I got to say is give it a chance. Let it run for a season on the same night and the same time. Then sit back and look at the outcome!!!
  • I think they should keep this show on the air. It was funny and crazy in the Joey world. It gives the friends cult something to look forward to since the death of friends.

Very good show, should keep it on the air. Very funny, and cool. Always makes me laugh.
  • What is up with nbc? Pulling out one half of best tv entertaiment in tv at the moment. Joey is one show that's actually worth watching and no it's gone.. again.. and who knows how long this time, if it comes back ever. Bring it back!

Todays tv is offering two shows that are worth to watch, other one being Joey and other 24. Thank god 24 is still up and running.. Althou it seems next season is going to be last but still. Joey on the other hand got cut off in the middle of the season! I know the ratings haven't been good, but this series still had fans and it had fans all over globe. It would have been atleast polite to let Joey finish second season and then make the judgement call, but no. Instead they show crappy reality-tv series, wanna-be-a-popstar-junk, atleast 10 different soap operas and all kinda other artistic and sophisticated drama/comedy thats supposed to be funny plus don't even get me started on the 4 different all-the-same csi and cop/law-series.
    There's 168 hours in week and no place for 25 minutes of Joey??
  • Nooo, I want Joey back! Its absolutely unbelievable that NBC took Joey off the screen again. 20 minutes of Joey always cheer me up. No matter what, no other show can do this to me.

Nooo, I want Joey back!
    Its absolutely unbelievable that NBC took Joey off the screen again. 20 minutes of Joey always cheer me up. No matter what, no other show can do this to me. I also dont understand why NBC put Joey against these other shows that run at 8 p.m. Tuesdays... ok, i dont understand much of us television. But i really liked Joey and i would never watch american idol or cis. So you people are pretty confusing. nbc, jut put joey back, no matter what time. I know that this show has a lot of fans worldwide, not like the others running at that same time...
    well, i guess i cant change the world. i just want these 20 minutes back, in which i could completely shut down my mind and laugh about stupid jokes :)
  • Joey has a Magna Doodle!

i just atarted watching JOEY on a regular basis and i cant get enough! joey is great. even though i miss the other 5 friends. one thing i love about this show is that he has a MAGNA DOODLE! i think it was a great idea to bring the magna doodle to JOEY.
  • good good i like this show this is the best show i ever see continue in this show you are a very smart actor.good luck in ur future work i hope you will always let us enjoy your films that we used to see from you good luck bye s.

• Joey is an extremely funny show on its own merit... even though its a spinoff its still really great!! I hope it lasts a long time.

With each episode of joey come a funny new twist that almost brings tears to my eyes. Joey had always been one of my favorite characters and to see him with his own show is great. He always in every episode has at least one moment which is so funny that the episode is totally worth watching.
  • hey .. JOEY is great it's a fresh new show! i like it cause most of the FRIENDS lovers are kinda sad cause the show is over and now JOEY is a new great show and i hope it will last for at least 5 seasons. again .. I LOVE NBC

comme on guys ... after FRIENDS ... JOEY is the only one left :D .. it's a great show .. i like it ..

NBC keep JOEY comming over and over and over .. for at least 5 seasons. we all love JOEY and we miss him.

NBC rullz !

dunno what to say more .. just keep the show rollin'
  • The only TV show I'll watch!!!

Like friends this show never fails to keep you laughing. I love watching Joey, it was the highlight of my Thursdays. The cast is amazing, the play so well off of each other. As I always say. Anyone can pretend to be serious, it's almost impossible to pretend to be funny. In this case, the cast from Joey has done the impossible. They are sooo funny!!! I'm mad that they put the show on hold, that's very frustrating to me. Now, I don't have a desire to come home from work on Thursdays because I know my favorite show will not be on. I watch very little TV as it is, but will watch more NBC shows if they just bring Joey back. PLEASE!!! I truly hope that my words have not fallen on deaf ears.
  • A verry relaxing show, well made , great actors , lots of laugs going around .

First season was exceptional, the second started strong , i can't wait for episode 38 . Joey is as charming as he was in Friends, he's the best. And i must congratulate the writers of this show for keeping up the good work that they din with Friends series. Bravo !
< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10