John Doe Forums

FOX (ended 2003)

Digger, etc

rickcr1205

[1]Apr 9, 2007
    • level: 1

*major spoiler*

Can anyone confirm what the writers actually had planned in some kind of script for the future episodes? I've been to the wikipedia entry on John Doe and nothing seems to concrete there. You'd think a writer or producer someone has commented on what they had planned for the future. I'm also unclear on whether the plan was for that to really be Digger, or, as at least someone has mentioned, it was supposed to be a look-alike. The look-alike idea would seem really cheezy, so I'm hoping that wasn't the plan. It however seems pretty unplausible that the Phoenix leader could have been Digger. That group seemed pretty active and Digger sure was at the bar he ran an awful lot. (Digger would have been gone for long stretches of time from the bar to be overseas etc.)

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Ravster00

[2]Apr 11, 2007

*Potential Spoiler*

I read somewhere that it wasn't actually Digger, but a member of the Phoenix group that had been surgically altered to look like Digger.

I will try and find the link.

Edited on 04/13/2007 10:51am
    Edited 2 total times.

smikkelenberg

[3]Apr 11, 2007
    • level: 5
    thats a weird spoiler too

StargirlDR

[4]May 15, 2008
    • level: 4

If it was Digger then the reason he was at the bar evertime we saw him there is that he was researching John. At the same time they would have known things like that Teresa n Micheal were trying to contact John because he told Digger absolutely everything.

It would have been interesting to see how they would have made it work if stocking cap actually turned out to be Digger, and it seems like if it wasn't then someone wrote the scene without thinking about how to back it up so instead they made it a look a like, seems kind of like a way out of a twist they realized wasn't supportable. idk, Digger's past is so unknown that it wasn't out of realm of possibility but it still threw everyone for a loop, and garenteed we would have been there for the season premiere if it had ever come (grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr).

NZ-Fan

[5]May 20, 2008
    • level: 12

Sad for John if Digger was the Phoenix leader but it did make sense..

He got close to John to try and find out if he knew anything, he was only ever photographed twice (I think) so he didn't spend much time physically with the phoenix organisation (which is how he could be at the bar all the time) and he did suddenly seem to know a lot of spy type stuff in later episodes and explained that by saying he was special ops...

motleylil

[6]Jul 4, 2008
    • level: 19
    Ravster00 wrote:

I read somewhere that it wasn't actually Digger, but a member of the Phoenix group that had been surgically altered to look like Digger.

Also possible, I've seen it a few times before. They easily could have just stole the idea from 24.

As of what I think, it's a bit unlikely that Digger is actually the leader of the Phoenix group. Maybe he was their leader in the past, than seeing he became friends with John Doe, the group made someone look like Digger and made us believe that he was the leader, mostly to confuse everyone, especially John Doe.

tishie4

[7]Dec 10, 2008
    It doesn't make sense that Digger would turn on John. Logically the odds that John would walk into that bar are astronomical. So how could he be planted there? As for a surgical look alike, that is a total sell out to the quality of the show up until that point. Besides, that look he gave John was pure Digger, but it also had a sadness to it or maybe remorse. It just doesn't make any sense what so ever. I wish they would at least do a two hour movie to finish this and explain everything but I don't see it happening since John Doe in now on Prison Break. I guess I'll just have to continue questioning.