TV.com will be making some changes to our user base starting Feb 25, 2015. For more information click here

John Doe Forums

FOX (ended 2003)

Similar shows to John Doe??

CoCoGirl886

[1]May 25, 2007
    • level: 6

I recently discovered John Doe and I watched the whole season. I absolutely love everything about it. It has the mystery/case-solving element and also the humor part of it (where Doe keeps talking about everything he knows). Since it's been more than 4 years since the show ended, I doubt it'll be coming back. I'm interested in watching other shows with similar storylines.. so I was wondering if anyone knows any other show that's similar.

I've heard that Kyle XY is similar in that they both ended up on an abandoned island with no knowledge of their past. But I think that one difference is that the boy in Kyle XY (is it Kyle?) learns knowledge fast while John Doe already knows it all. Btw, I also liked Doe's stunts . I also think that Criminal Minds is sort of similar. It has a character who has an eiditic memory and knows a lot. 

Are there any others?

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

smikkelenberg

[2]May 25, 2007
    • level: 5
    Kyle XY acts like a baby, he has to learn everyting although he is already a gronw man. he learns really quick indeed. i liked it but not the same thing

JessJessPH

[3]Jul 14, 2007
    • level: 6

You should watch the Pretender. It isn't exactly like John Doe. It's pretty much really different but the main characters both have the same goals of finding out who they are. In the Pretender Jarod is a genius who was stolen from his family and his genius was exploited for research. He escaped about when he was 30 and since he escaped he has been searching for who he is.

seto1

[4]Sep 20, 2007
    • level: 16
    i agree