John Doe

FOX (ended 2003)

Gislef

John Doe Fan Reviews (85)

• awsome show

I loved this show and I think it left too soon. It had a good crime elements and drama... and Dominic did awsome job acting just like others actors.
  • the show is really superb that keeps me going home early just to watch the whole episode. In every episode, you can't guess its ending as well as its next step. Totally amazing & intelligently written.

This is not actually a review but a personal affirmation of the show though i haven't seen the complete episode of the series. I magnificently loved & hooked with the series because of its subtleness and affects to audiences. I love the casts and characters portrayed coz they have acted brilliantly and superb especially Dominic Purcell who seems to be mysterious as he has known nothing of himself and how the writter briliantly slowly uncover the mystery of his life. As an avid fan of the series, i wish to have a complete episodes of that show in DVD so that i'll be able appreciate it more and all the fans here in the PHILIPPINES will be able to see it. tnk u.
  • John Doe is a great show and should have never been canceled. It was interesting and exciting, along with the awesome characters, and story line, it kept me interested and wanting more. Bring it back!!!

Bring It Back!!!! I just found this show, John Doe, now being aired on the Sci-Fi channel in California. I never even got a chance to see it during its prime in 2002-2003 premier. Now that I have been watching it I have been trying to see every episode. (Not viewing them in order!) But I am very interested in the show, and now I come to find out it had been canceled. It was something I was interested in watching, and wish someone would make the choice to Bring It Back....It had an awesome story line and great characters. It was definitely something that could catch my interest and keep me wanting and waiting for the next episode. That is obvious because I just happened to catch it on the Sci-Fi channel and left the TV on that channel till it was over....Whomever chose to end it was foolish...I am sure there are many who feel the same....Now I am left wanting more and there is no more!! :(
  • they canceled it just when it was getting good - it reminds me of the Pretender - also has a Hot Guy - bring it back, bring it back don't take it away from me, because you don't know what it means to me (QUEEN).

bring it back, i am curious as to how his best friend turns up as his worst enemy or was it a ruse? plus the actor who plays John is a believable character, and reminds me alot of michael t weiss from the pretender, i only wish i could become anyone i needed to be!
  • A show that deserved better than what the network gave it.

John Doe is one of those kinds of shows that are very intriguing. John Doe woke up and had no memory of his past, but in time realized he knew just everything about everything. But what he really wanted to know was who he was and about his past. The show was so excellent and superb that the whole idea that a network would cancel it after one season truly astonished me. But I am getting tired of complaining about unintelligent networks. I really like Dominic Purcell who plays John Doe in this show so much more than the role he has in Prison Break. Don't get me wrong, he is a great actor in both shows, but in John Doe his role had so much more substance. I wish that they would at least do a movie to at least finish off the series.
  • I miss John Doe,...

I miss John Doe, the job Dominic Purcell as John Doe is priceless... The show is different to others, a guy who doesn't remember his life, and knows everything. He has to life with his gift. It's the first show that I left guessing in. What happens to John Doe?. Is there somebody who wants to answer my question?
  • I LOVE IT!!!! and it's getting really good now. Digger is the "stocking cap" guy!?!?! KEEP it on, bring it back, keep it going!!!

This shoe is super good - I'm addicted to it! The plot is wonderful, the characters well developed. Taking place in "Seattle", but a lot of the scenery does not look like it. They use a lot of the names in the Seattle area though I'll give them that. I can hardly wait to see where this show goes..... It's one of those "magical" shows, with espionage and a little (or a LOT) of "Big Brother is watching you! Hope they don't just take it off the air, and leave us all hanging in the wind wondering what it's all about!
  • bring this show back if any station had half a brain

its a damn shame that fox canceled this show, they never knew what they had. i mean come on the show numbers more or less stole the same concept. a math equation can solve all these crime that just stupid. way to go FOX u **** up again i guess thats why u will never be a number 1 station. If a station have half a brain they would bring this back!!!!!!!

SAVE JOHN DOE bring it back
  • How can we get this show back in the air?

My wife and I started watching this show on the SciFi channel thinking it was a new show coming out on the SciFi channel. This is has to be up there as one our top shows of all time. I came here just to see what others were saying about the show and then found out I'm watching reruns of a show that only made it one season on FOX! What was this show up against when it came out??? The show has everything.. mystery, suspense, humor, all with a sci-fi - X-Files/4400 - angle going on. Great stuff.

I sure hope when this season ends it's not a cliffhanger for a show that never made it back on the air.
  • Fed up with all these brain dead stoner tv shows? Finally a good pseudo sci-fi with mystery, crime, suspense, and wonder . I cant believe it got cancelled after one season. Bad move by the Networks in my opinion.

I missed the original airing of John Doe and started recording the reruns on my DVR. After seeing a few episodes back to back I was shocked to find out how great this t.v. show is. John Doe has no recolection of his life previous to waking up on some random island off the coast. No matter what it was, he gets a fresh start. Many of us have dwelled on the pass wishing to move forward from it. John do gets a clean slate and while watching it and getting to know the characters, I got a clean slate to
  • John Doe is back on SciFi... right now! :) SciFi runs 4 episodes back to back on on Fridays it seems. Very good show, Numb3rs before it's time.

John Doe is back on SciFi... right now! :)

SciFi runs 4 episodes back to back on on Fridays it seems.

Very good show, Numb3rs before it's time and without the diagrams and the explanations. Less CSI, more X-Files (sans supernatural and geek-boy pin-ups). Very interesting and fun shopw, characters you can really get into and care about. The 'impossible crime of the week' plot meshes well with the over-arching mystery of John's origins and who/what he really is.

And of course, it's set in Seattle where I currently live ;)

I think John Doe would do really well right now, with the current line up on TV.
  • One of the best and most compelling TV series in recent years.

I have watched the entire series of this and the only derogatory comment I have is that it finished too soon. I'm sure they could have created a few more episodes, maybe even another series or two. That aside though, I found it completely enthralling to watch. Dominic was a good choice for the character John Doe, he played the part admirably. And it seems it has helped him to progress onto other projects quite easily also.

The cases he involves himself with for the police department are normally quite bizarre and it is ingenious in the way he solves them. I especially enjoyed the little titbit's of trivia he comes out with and that it seems he will never have an incorrect answer for anyone.

I would recommend this series to anyone, except maybe the very young as it does hold some dark undertones sometimes.
  • Bring It Back! If you agree go here and remove the spaces http://www.petitiononline .com/returnjd/petition.ht ml

http://www.petitiononline .com/returnjd/petition.ht ml

Remove the spaces and paste this link if you agree.

John Doe was a great show From the beginning.
    It's only downfall was it left you hanging at the end of each episode. Even the season final... That was also what made it such a great show.

If you would like to see any chance of fox bringing back this show please support those of us and go to the petition link. http://www.petitiononline .com/returnjd/petition.ht ml
    The other reviewers Tell you what the first season is about But i'm just here to beg to get it back on the air.

I hope you support the cause.
    Wolfie
  • Exhillerating and mysterious thrill-fest.

John Doe was a highly anticipated show that began the mystery even before the pilot aired. It did live up to the hype and got more and more thrilling with each episode until the unbelivable climax in what turned out to be the series finale. The best part was probably the perfect casting; Purcell seems to have been born to play the role.

Unfortunately this show was on FOX and so was prematurely cancelled. Fans were left with the most cliffhanging series finale in the history of television. Hopefully FOX will release it on DVD for fans and newcomers alike.
  • Fantastic

Bottom Line- this is a unique show and John Doe does enjoy his character. Worth Catching. THis is a show that starts out slow but in every episode thee are minutes where John Doe is just at his prime. The Underlying story line is very impressive. But each episode steps and dances in uncharted land. You never know what John will pull out of his head next but the show does push the neddle on must see
  • Bring it Back!!!!!! John Doe is an addictive TV Show. Unfortuneately, Fox cancelled the show. Hey Fox... get rid of the reality TV and bring back John Doe.

John Doe is an addictive TV Show. I had not heard of it in 2003, I can\\\'t believe that Fox cancelled it. I have been watching old episodes on Sci-fi.

We need more John Doe. Bring it BACK!

Someone needs to annoy Fox and make them bring it back. I mean, come on, this is WAY more entertaining that any stupid reality TV they have on now. Please please please bring it back.

Bring it Back, Fox, Bring it Back. John Doe is an addictive TV Show. Unfortuneately, Fox cancelled the show. Hey Fox... get rid of the reality TV and bring back this entertaining show.
    It is just killing me!
  • Oh My god. They just finished showing the first season here in Portugal and I can't believe that it's over. I Mean I was expecting to get to the bottom of it. BRING IT BACK!

I wanna know what happens! Plus I loved it, it was one of the best series I've ever seen. It eas my favorite right next to LOST! How can they leave a series like that? They should at least end it somehow. Tell us why John Doe Knows every thing!
    I can't believe that they put the series on here in POrtugal if there is no ending! It's the second time that this has happened and with series that I liked. The other being Veritas: The quest.
    With that I ask please explain what happened to John Doe. Fans deserve to know!
  • John Doe was a great show, about a guy who seems to know so much, except his own history. Would you like to see John Doe back? Sign this petition: http://www.petitiononline.com/returnjd/petition.html

John Doe was a great show, about a guy who seems to know so much, except his own history. The storyline would move on by telling us John Doe was the messias, who returned to earth, and the phoenix was an organisation under command of the vatican. Would you like to see John Doe back? Sign this petition:

• Why did the cancel it???

This was a great show! It could have gone another couple of season's easily! But they had to cancel it! Why? Because it was intelligent. The average TV watcher needs everything explained to them and shoved in there face. It can't be intelligent. It was un-popular, in spit of the fact that it's really. Right over peoples heads. That's all I have to say, so now I must fill in the word quota:

. / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / /

Hey! That works!
  • John Doe is spectacular and thrilling! It is an edge of your seat action show with a mysterious underlining story to intrigue the new comer and satisfy the dedicated fan.

Dominic Purcell is great in 'John Doe'. This show is not just any cop or mystery show. John Doe captures you and brings you into play with the show's story line in trying to solve the mystery that is John Doe as well as the other underlined crime problems that may arise. All the characters have a great chemistry and you cannot help but get wrapped up in the story lines. If you like X-Files or any crime, investigating or CSI type show, you'll love this show. John Doe is a combination of these shows and more. Due to illness I missed the airing of this show and was not aware of it, now I have found it airing on the SciFi channel and wished I never missed it at all. I'm hooked, and if you watch it you'll be too. I don't know why this show stopped being aired, maybe it was a show ahead of its time, but please bring it back cause I can't get enough of it!
  • Bring It Back John Doe Will Leave On Forever Cause... Because He Is The Phoenix But Just Bought The Dvd On Ebay So I Can Watch It Forever But I Miss It Badly If It Was On Around This Time It Will Be Doing Real Well But You Know ??

John begins to experience an onslaught of bizarre visions and images then blacks out – the visions lead him to a faceless murder victim and a cannery where the Phoenix Organization and the remote viewers were situated. John meets Sam of the NSA (the murdered man is one of Sam's undercover agents) and they manage to capture the Trenchcoat Man and discovers he's not deaf and speaks fluently in Sanskrit and Latin. Trenchcoat hints at John's destiny, how he's one of them, and that Michael (from "Remote Control") may still be alive and a key to the mystery – then he escapes using strange mental abilities of his own. Sam introduces John as a "Class 1" to Lucas Doya, the founder of the U.S.'s own remote viewer program through the DoD – Doya puts John through a series of tests to heighten his own remote abilities and John locks on to Teresa in a copper mine. The NSA, Avery, and Frank close in with John as the remote viewers get a vision of the location of the Staff (from "Ashes to Ashes") in the Vatican. Trenchcoat arrives, kills Michael, and he and Stocking Cap fleet with Theresa. John follows and manages to pull her away as Stocking Cap escapes but catches a glimpse of his face - it is . . . Digger
  • I think John Doe is the most intelligent scifi/drama series I've ever seen, with a great storyline and great acting.

It's a travesty, that that John Doe has has ended so abruptly. I was really looking forward to the second season, when I heard the news, that the show has been cancelled. I couldn't believe it, I still can't. They could have at least made a final episode for all the fans. How could they leave us hanging like that???
  • One of the best shows on TV.

This show is better than some of the crap going on 3,4,5,6 seasons, it just didnt get advertised correctly. The characters are awesome and the story is deep and believable. I think with a second season and the correct advertising for it, it could be a huge success! I look forward to seeing this again.
  • John Doe is a great show. Just started watching it on Sci-Fi. Kind of goes with Angel from a couple of years ago, the ending will leave you hanging. That stinks, give a real conclusion!!

Great show, no need to be cancelled so soon. This show will be associated with the show Angel. Both were cancelled and left you hanging, granted with Angel it was a spin off of Buffy the vampire slayer and ran for a few years, but I still enjoyed it. Bring them both back!!!
  • The best show ever made, and thats a fact.

Please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeease bring it back! Please?
  • why?!?!?!?! :(

This show john doe is the best i cant belive fox. The cliffhanger and everything was so good. This show is the recipe fore a great show and I really hope that fox will bring it back soon or some day. Dominic Purcell is a great actor hove is in prison break right now. I hope after that he go back to john doe.
  • I really wish this show would continue... Great following!

BRING IT BACK! This show should have never been cancelled.... I never saw the initial release, but after watching it on sci-fi I cant imagine this show being cancelled. I wish I knew how to petition to bring this show back. I guess that about sums it up. Thanks alot.
  • Why, OH Why, Did You Have To Cancel It???? What Went Wrong???? You can't tell me that there wasn't enough viewers, almost everyone I knew watched and loved it! Please! Consider bringing it back!

I was SOOOO looking forward to seeing John rearrange Digger's face! But most importantly, I wanted to find out Why he would do such a thing. Did she find out something about Digger being involved? or did they kill her just because she was close to John and thay wanted to see what he would do? And what was with the old woman that we kept seeing at the end of most of the episodes? Was he abducted or was it a government conspiracy? All of John Doe's fans enquiring minds really want to know. Please tell us something. xoxoxo
  • One of the BEST Science fiction shows on TV!

A show well worth of being it the same 4 hour fix as Stargate SG-1, Stargate Atlantas, and Battlestar Galatica! Fox was folish not to continue on with the show in the 2003 season. Now hopefully SciFi will pick up the series. After the exciting cliffhanger three years ago, we are all waiting to see what happens next!
  • What a cliff hanger and the worst place on earth to cancel a show of this magnitude. Looking up to see a hat fall and your friend Digger looking down at you, my heart missed a beat. Dominic Purcell and William Forsythe were brilliant as was the other cast

I watched all the episodes again over the past few days and the show was still as exceptionally brilliant as it was when it was first aired. The show should be revived in tv movie format to finish the story and bring an end to a classic of television history.
< 1 2 3