John from Cincinnati

His Visit: Day Two

Aired Sunday 12:00 AM Jun 17, 2007 on HBO

• Please people - give this show the patience (and credit) it deserves!

This episode was a little weaker than the first one, but still, the show itself (and the magnificent characters and dialogue) easily make it highly addicting. I will admit that most people I recommend this show to always tell me, 'Wait a minute! The show's commercials all deal with a levitating Man? Where the hell is that in this episode?' Now, I can see there point in a way, but everything will be revealed in good time.

Besides Ed O'Neil as Bill stealing the show, which he does with every single screen time he gets, this episode revolves around a severe injury to Shaun. He was competing in a surfing competition when during the closing minutes he suffered a massive head injury. This brings Butchie, John, Cass, Linc, Bill, Cissy and Mitch together at the hospital, where the prognosis for Shaun is not good - a Doctor tells Mitch and Cissy that, for all intents and purposes, Shaun is brain dead. And then the final scene arrives, which is wonderful and stunning. Bill goes to see Shaun alone, with the same bird from the first episode. The bird 'kisses' Shaun on the lips, and suddenly, Shaun's eyes open brightly. The episode ends with Bill proclaiming (and all of us agreeing), 'Jesus, Mary and Joseph.'