John from Cincinnati

His Visit: Day Two Continued

Aired Sunday 12:00 AM Jun 24, 2007 on HBO

• This 2nd 'half' of this episode was almost the perfect 10!

It is a difficult task to post a review of this wonderful show after "jeric-ho" submits his review. If anyone hasn't somehow read his reviews thus far for this series, please do yourself the favor and look them over. He does a tremendous job.

Well this was a fantastic episode in my opinion. Very high levels of character development, more scenes that could be classified as 'adventurous' or 'comedy.' Being that this was the continuation of the previous episode - we know Shaun was brain dead and had virtually know hope of surviving. That is, until Bill (Ed O'Neill, who only gets better and better with every episode) brings 'Zippy,' his bird, into the hospital and it kisses Shaun on the lips, which, as this episode begins, proves to be an instant cure-all for all of Shaun's very serious illnesses. The look of the Doctor's face once he sees how Shaun has progressed is one of extreme bewilderment. The rest of the episode focuses on Butchie's drug dealer(s) still hot on his tail, John 'boning' Kai (in the episodes most dramatic scene - and not for the reasons you'd expect), and Cissy and Mitch continuing their love-hate marriage.

A really wonderful episode. As always, cannot wait until next week!
  • Give the show a chance!

Well the show is getting better and hope that it will stay on there like the Sopranos and Sex & the City did. Just needs to find the right audience. As we learn more about the family. John struggles to find his place in California. Cassie knows that Mitch is unaware of her connection with Linc. While a paranormal person invades the lives of the Yosts!
  • Brilliant episode! find out more about some characters!

Shaun is alive after Zippy kissed him, which is a miracle, even the doctor says so, well the physician! who seems to think the family are surrounded by something paranormal, we find out Butchie has implants in his head, we don't know fully what they are yet or if they exist, but the physician thinks he may have some sort of paranormal power aswell, but he just doesnt know it yet! John tells Kai to see god and she see's things that havnt happened yet, or have happened in the background but we the viewers have not seen, and finally Butchie talks about Johns pockets, telling the physician that his life has been wierd lately, and that Mitch floated, shaun should be dead, his "implants" hurting and that this guy called John turned up and he pulls money out of his pocket, and a platinum card with unlimted money on it and a cell phone with unlimited calls.

And at the end we see John and Kai walking up the street and they are looking at Shaun skating on his half-pipe in the garden and John says to her "See God Kai"

So it seems it is infact Shaun who is god afterall or it seems like he is from what happened! and also Steady Freddy is talking to himself in his car and he says he keeps seeing the shapeshifter in his rear-view mirror, and in the end scene John walks past Steady Freddy and Freddy says "That's the shapeshifter"! =)

All very good stuff! looking forward to episode 4 (His Visit: Day Three)