Jon and Kate Plus 8 Forums

TLC (ended 2009)

Divorce papers filed today!

Brunete20

[1]Jun 22, 2009
    • level: 63
    Yup...it's over. Jon and Kate filed divorce papers today at the Bucks County Courthouse in Doylestown, Pa. He wants a less high profile life, and she doesn't. But WHY would he move to another state? He was supposedly looking for an apartment in New York. Why would he want to be so far away from his kids?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

TVAddict1987

[2]Jun 22, 2009
    • level: 12

Brunete20 wrote:
    Yup...it's over. Jon and Kate filed divorce papers today at the Bucks County Courthouse in Doylestown, Pa. He wants a less high profile life, and she doesn't. But WHY would he move to another state? He was supposedly looking for an apartment in New York. Why would he want to be so far away from his kids?

that is what I don't understand. While it is not an extremely long drive, if there was some sort of emergency, then he would be stuck paying for an expensive plane ticket. The only thing that I can think of is that he may have better job offers there. I know a lot of people want to blame Kate for all of this, but in my mind, it is JON that is most likely the instigator here. Am I glad he stood up for himself if he did not like things that Kate does/did? Of course. HOWEVER- in my mind, a father of eight does not go out to bars and and possibly have affairs with young women who could not possibly have any desire to be a step mommy to eight kids. Kate has seemingly been the more responsible one to me. Even if she had an affair, she is being more discreet about it, and to me so far seems to be the one being more responsible with the children.

CRaivios

[3]Jun 22, 2009
    • level: 21

I have not seen the show yet, but this is very sad.

I told my husband that I could tell at last season's finale that Jon wanted to quit but there was no way Kate would give up all the free stuff they get. Guess what? The show will be over at the end of this season. The stars in Kate's eyes have blinded her and now she is alone. As I said before, the sextuplets are starting kindergarten this year and in 15 months, all of them will be in school full time. Life will be a lot less stressful then.

I am not saying this was all Kate's fault. I am sure there is plenty of blame to go around. Like someone else said, chalk up another marriage ruined by a realtiy show.

Vernita_Green

[4]Jun 24, 2009
    • level: 10
    CRaivios wrote:

I have not seen the show yet, but this is very sad.

I told my husband that I could tell at last season's finale that Jon wanted to quit but there was no way Kate would give up all the free stuff they get. Guess what? The show will be over at the end of this season. The stars in Kate's eyes have blinded her and now she is alone. As I said before, the sextuplets are starting kindergarten this year and in 15 months, all of them will be in school full time. Life will be a lot less stressful then.

I am not saying this was all Kate's fault. I am sure there is plenty of blame to go around. Like someone else said, chalk up another marriage ruined by a realtiy show.

Interesting point you raise. The sextuplets will be in school next year, and then what kind of activities episodes of interest will the show have? Are they going to tape before and after school and on weekends? No that seems like a huge interruption in production. Me being the skeptic that I am, think this whole divorce business could just be a way for the Gosselin family to bow out gracefully from this TV show and resume a "normal" life. On the other hand, if it IS true (I would have to see the actual divorce papers to believe it 100%) then it seems to me that Jon is glad for the divorce because he is fed up with Kate's bossiness but he should have said something instead of cheating and Kate seems genuinely hurt. I think Jon's disrespect for her and their marriage forced her to file for divorce. I am not convinced that she cheated, she seems to not want to do anything to risk not being able to be with the children.