Jon and Kate Plus 8 Forums

TLC (ended 2009)

Jon and Kate + Hate

ohnomaam

[1]Jun 14, 2008
    • level: 3

There are several hate blogs for the Gosselins. It seems as though, according to these blogs, Kate is rude to everyone constantly. This does not end with the family in the household, but to everyone in her extended family, church family and community! Her estranged father is a pastor who was one of her biggest supporters, (in the beginning). He did collections of money and cribs for the sextuplets, but Kate was unhappy with the cribs because they did not match! She hurt her church family and father after all of their hard work, and then left the church. They hurt their community when neighbors all pitched in to help transform their first home to one large enough to accommodate the family, and Kate was not happy with the transformation at all. After hurting their neighbors and taking their donations, they moved into their current home.

The blogs say that Kate used her knowledge of infertility to create this mega family, and purposefully had this large number of children at one time! They claim she is narcissistic, and the whole thing was all a plan and not a mistake at all. They further state that Jon was unemployed and lazy during these treatments to produce the sextuplets, which makes it seem as though it was a master plan to make money all along! They say that Jon is still lazy and does not work for Beth's husband at all, but uses the money made from speaking engagements and "love donations" of the less fortunate to pay their bills.

Are Jon and Kate masterminds, who planned to become celebrities through the story of their super-sized family? Are they sharing a story that is embellished to make money? As they were living on lean times in the beginning, are they using this "story" to take advantage of others who are less fortunate now? Or are these stories what the "HATERS" came up with due to jealousy and bitterness?

AND PLEASE DON'T SHOOT THE MESSENGER! These things are all alleged, and I am looking for further insight. Thanks.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

RCS_sportz

[2]Jun 15, 2008
    • level: 31
    ohnomaam wrote:
    The blogs say that Kate used her knowledge of infertility to create this mega family, and purposefully had this large number of children at one time! They claim she is narcissistic, and the whole thing was all a plan and not a mistake at all.

Well, that part's pretty much impossible. Everyone knows that fertility drugs are more likely to cause multiples, but there's no way to tell how many you will actually have! That's ridiculous.

robinepowell

[3]Jun 15, 2008
    • level: 63

If Jon's that lazy, where does he go all day? Why did he make a point of saying he was switching jobs so that he could spend more hours at home with his family.

I doubt Kate's that mean, not to mention she's improved a lot this season, in regards to yelling at Jon. Besides, they're like most couples who argue, and are pretty normal to me.

ohnomaam

[4]Jun 15, 2008

I want to reiterate that I am not one of the naysayers...at least not until I get all info. I would hope that this information is incorrect, as much as I love the show and wouldn't want the kids to be any more exploited than they already are. (Because, although I love the show, I do think that the bigger the show gets the more unsafe their environment will be. Someone has already put their address and Aunt Jodi's on the Internet).

RCS_sportz

[5]Jun 15, 2008
    Yeah I think we get that I've seen your other posts and I know you love the show, now worries. I'd have to see proof though to think Kate acts that way.

zoomerj91

[6]Jun 16, 2008
    • level: 7
    These guys are haters. They have nothing else to do. When I don't like a show I just turn the channel.

ohnomaam

[7]Jun 29, 2008

There is lots of new negative information on the Gosselins on the net. The newest info states that besides Beth (who apparently has had enough of Kate), and now Aunt Jodi has been kicked to the curb. Has anyone else seen or heard anything like that?

It seems as though the hatred is coming from the Gosselins, and not necessarily the other way around! I don't know if these rumors are the gospel, and I still love the show, but I want to know if anyone else has any information regarding this....thanks!

music4life17

[8]Jun 30, 2008
    • level: 6
    I believe those people who are writing blogs that are posting and distributing this hate are "haters" themselves. Sure, Kate has been rough at times but I agree in that she has become better throughout the season. And I think the raw emotions (whether they be good or bad) show more realism and truth to actual interactions and communications within the family. It shows it is something more than the badly scripted "reality" shows that flit across the television.

RCS_sportz

[9]Jun 30, 2008
    ohnomaam wrote:

There is lots of new negative information on the Gosselins on the net. The newest info states that besides Beth (who apparently has had enough of Kate), and now Aunt Jodi has been kicked to the curb. Has anyone else seen or heard anything like that?

It seems as though the hatred is coming from the Gosselins, and not necessarily the other way around! I don't know if these rumors are the gospel, and I still love the show, but I want to know if anyone else has any information regarding this....thanks!

Well, there's no real way to prove it unfortunatley. I guess if they are both not at the sextuplets' fourth birthday party we'll know that something's wrong.

jelaspesa

[10]Jun 30, 2008
    • level: 6
    if you have that many kids you start to lose your mind and the only way to get stuff through their heads is to be strict plus she might also get frustrated with jon since he is so "low key"

robinepowell

[11]Jul 3, 2008
    • level: 63
    RCS_sportz wrote:
    ohnomaam wrote:

Well, there's no real way to prove it unfortunatley. I guess if they are both not at the sextuplets' fourth birthday party we'll know that something's wrong.

I don't that they're having a party. The write ups show the six pack going to a bakery and decorating their own cupcakes. Then they apparently have to wait until after supper to eat them.

harihudson

[12]Jul 3, 2008
    • level: 15

music4life17 wrote:
    I think the raw emotions (whether they be good or bad) show more realism and truth to actual interactions and communications within the family. It shows it is something more than the badly scripted "reality" shows that flit across the television.

Ditto to music4life17's comment. How can anyone know the truth about the motivations behind these alleged accusations about the couple? As RCS_sportz mentioned, fertility drugs usually produces 1 or 2. And isn't it more likely that multiples will have physical or cognitive issues and divorce rate is higher? If this was a plan, it wasn't 1 of the dumbest in history.

I would imagine that Jon has to work to keep insurance on all those kids. I believe they were in their early 20s when they got their first home and had kids. Nothing sinister about moving to a larger house when one's income increases. How many 22/24 year olds have a great, higher paying job? It takes a few years to get there. If people are willing to pay for their speaking engagements, great...I hope their putting $ away for kids. Maybe the givers placed major constraints on their gifts or were overstepping bounds re: childrearing, discipline. They had a choice about whom to give their gifts/time to.

Although I could imagine that Kate would want matching cribs Who knew I was so adamant about this topic? I don't know these people, but I do like the show.

FOP_fan17

[13]Jul 4, 2008
    • level: 22
    Alright, those rumors in the first post are bull****. First of all, if Kate received donations and cribs, I DO think she'd want them to match, but I don't think she'd leave her church over it. I think she would be grateful about it. However, there is one episode where she says that her parents don't really come around. If that were true, then why would he donate cribs to his grandchildren? It makes no sense.

And Jon DOES work. Just because there aren't any cameras there doesn't mean it isn't true. He needs insurance and they spend over $1,ooo dollars at the grocery store. The show can't pay for it. And if he doesn't work, then WHY did he rearrange his hours to spend time with them, like someone else said. I agree that Kate can be strict, but SHE STAYS AT HOME ALL DAY WITH EIGHT KIDS!!!! Who can be super peppy with that? I don't blame her for going off at times. And she HAS improved in the later episodes. And you can't KNOW HOW MANY KIDS YOU'LL GET!!!! I mean seriously, fertility treatments produce multiples they're being used for people who can't get pregnant, therefore, they have to give A LOT of that stuff to make sure that it works. Those people are loser with no lives who seriously need to get some, they should be arrested for they accusations, and they should be banned from all blogging privileges.

bballmegan22

[14]Jul 4, 2008
    • level: 30

As far as the allegations coming from these bloggers, I have to disagree with most of it. I do not think Kate would leave her church after receiving non-matching cribs. Plus they've talked about their family backgrounds in episodes before and if in fact the break-up of Kate and her father's relationship came over the crib matter, I don't think she would have so nicely phrased her schpeal about her family.

Also, I've heard Jon has left his job as an IT analyst to now engage in the speaking arrangements and everything. But I can't say I blame him. A, he's not the only one doing that and B, if you had the opportunity to stop doing an average job to speak to people about your family and still make income off it- who would turn it down? Look at the family of Little People, Big World. They are constantly going cross country engaging in speaking arrangements and public appearances. Both families are just playing the hand they were dealt.

Regarding the allegations that they had this whole plot and have been planning this, all I have to say is, are you kidding?! What twenty-something year old newlyweds think- "oh hey, let's try to have massive amounts of children- although it may cause harm to some when carrying sextuplets- just to use to make money and elevate us to celebrity status". How ridiculous does that sound?! It might be a little different if they were aspiring actors and singers but Kate was a nurse! She dedicated a good portion of life to med school and now in the next part of her life, motherhood. She has PCOS and had no choice if she wanted to have her own children- she needed to use fertility treatments.

I know there's been a lot of speculation about the marketing of the children and Gosselin family in general but honestly, think about it. Your in your late 20's- early 30's, have 8 children all going to need a college education and all the expenses that goes along with life until age 18. Wouldn't you take any opportunities you could to earn money for yourself and your children?

Edited on 07/04/2008 9:08am

ohnomaam

[15]Jul 5, 2008
    I'm still watching the show. I am not personally attacking the family. I just thought I would add some flavor to the forum!

gleblanc122789

[16]Jul 7, 2008
    • level: 10
    I personally appreciate this side of a story. As for most of the facts stated.... well anyone can hate them or disagree. I don't agree with any of them. If Jon was so lazy, then wouldn't he be the one at home with all the kids all of the time and wouldn't Kate be working all the time? I don't think that this family could ever be unappreciative- in so many of the episodes (especially in the holiday episodes) the family expresses nothing but gratitude and thanks. As for their own family matters, I think that it's no one's business but their own. I think that it was partly because of their background and religion that they couldn't refuse any of the babies that they were blessed with.

RCS_sportz

[17]Jul 7, 2008
    robinepowell wrote:
    RCS_sportz wrote:
    ohnomaam wrote:

I don't that they're having a party. The write ups show the six pack going to a bakery and decorating their own cupcakes. Then they apparently have to wait until after supper to eat them.
    Aw it's so cute too! Oh well, I guess we'll have to wait to see the others.

sponge_bob14

[18]Jul 8, 2008
    • level: 12

its crazy how much people on the net are talking about them! don't you hater know that the more you hate on someone on TV the more famous they get! so keep it up i love this show!

anyway! i doubt that beth and aunt jodie have left. casue you can tell from the start Kate is nothing but real! so they chould have know how she was before they came into her life.

and as for having the kids. its not printed that you will even HAVE kids. theres no chance! just like any parents! but it just makes the chance high. and she said she couldn't have kids so it really just put her at or a little higher from moms who can have kids.

and most mutiples don't all live. so what SANE person would perposely have kids knowing theirs and chance of death or complications after brith.

and jon being lazy! just casue you see him at home alot (he works form home) doesn't mean he's lazy! how can you with 8 kids under the age of 7! and i bet if he wasn't at home alot, like he wasn't in the beginning, you would say he was a bad father. i know thats a hugh lie casue not only does he have 8 expressive kids he also has to live with KATE and you know theres no way she would let him be any kind of lazy!

i'm glad to see that people can't stop talk about jon and kate! thats what the producers want to see!! publicity!!

Jon and Kate+ 8= GREAT!

THE_WARNED55

[19]Jul 21, 2008
    • level: 11
    can you post a link to one of these blogs hating on the family? i want to see these losers.

Why do people try to find negative stuff on this family? Why can't they just let them be? Kate is annoying at times yes, but who cares? Why watch if you hate it?

vicky24c

[20]Jul 21, 2008
    • level: 24
    I dont believe any of it myself !