Jon and Kate Plus 8 Forums

TLC (ended 2009)

Jon gives away the dogs...

phoebechan

[1]Sep 18, 2009
    • level: 3

Can you believe this? Now he got rid of his kid's beloved dogs. What else will that jerk do to those poor kids?

http://television.aol.com/celebrities/hot-celeb-gossip-photos?photodeeplinkNum=0&dlsyndncid=

Edited on 09/18/2009 6:32am
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

LibraryLady200

[2]Sep 18, 2009
    • level: 3

Kate has been threatening to get rid of them since they got them!

She hated them and wouldn't treat them correctly. She wanted them caged up, just like she wanted the kids in cribs and behind baby gates.

ecgirl08

[3]Sep 19, 2009
    • level: 57
    The dogs served their purpose of giving the show some publicity last season, and now that they realized that they can barely manage their eight kids, let alone TWO animals, they got rid of them. Who didn't see that coming, seriously? Did anyone honestly believe that Kate would take on two pets for the long term?

Kauaimon

[4]Sep 29, 2009
    • level: 16
    I guess it would be to much for a single mom with 8 kids to also raise two dogs by herself. I liked the dogs, though. I wonder why they got such huge ones, and two to begin with. I'd probably just get a small dog, less mess haha.

CRaivios

[5]Oct 16, 2009
    • level: 21
    Kate said from the very beginning that neither she nor Jon had ever had dogs. Then they got two big German Shepards. Did they know how much work the dogs would be? I doubt it. They needed to be trained, exercised, bathed, nails clipped, fed. Giving the dogs back was a kind act to do and the best thing for the dogs. I only wish the kids could go back to a good home.

ecgirl08

[6]Nov 1, 2009
    • level: 57
    I agree that given the Gosselins' current lifestyle, and the inability of the parents to think beyond themselves, returning the dogs was the best thing to do, rather than continuing to neglect them. But dogs are no different from humans in that they need stability, and the very BEST thing would have been if Jon and Kate never got them in the first place, because now the animals must adjust to a whole new environment. It's too bad they had to be the pawns for some publicity stunt that those people were attempting. And it's even more unfortunate that the Gosselin children must continue living within that charade.

TVAddict1987

[7]Dec 16, 2009
    • level: 12
    LibraryLady200 wrote:

Kate has been threatening to get rid of them since they got them!

She hated them and wouldn't treat them correctly. She wanted them caged up, just like she wanted the kids in cribs and behind baby gates.

oh, no. call child services! she wanted her babies to sleep in cribs and to have baby gates installed so they would not hurt themselves?????????????????????