Jon and Kate Plus 8 Forums

TLC (ended 2009)

Kate plus 8 plus a new attitude

lizgriffith0

[1]Aug 4, 2009
    • level: 1

She's not as ridiculous as she used to be, that's for sure, but she's evolving. I know I'm going to keep watching the show all the same :-)

"The divorce has also brought in a new perspective for Kate. In thinking about the small things that used to annoy her so greatly -- for example, the kids' shoes not being in a certain place, or how to set a table correctly -- the divorce and the children coping with the absence of their father on their vacation seemed far more important than the trivial matters that would set her off before." - http://www.momlogic.com/2009/08/kate_gosselins_new_attitude.php

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

ecgirl08

[2]Aug 4, 2009
    • level: 57

With all due respect, I think Kate is even CRAZIER than ever now that this has happened. She is going to use it as a golden opportunity to whine and lament about how she's a "single mom raising these kids all by myself", and how "unbelievably hard" it is. Then she'll start patting herself on the back for all the things she has "learned" and the things she's done that she never thought she could do before. She's going to try painting herself as this put-upon single mom who deserves everyone's sympathy and praise.

The show is definitely changing, and not for the better. Ratings are going to start plummeting once the shock and the hoop-lah of everything starts to wear off. It's already beginning to get old. Just give it a few more episodes, and people are really going to be sick of watching Kate pretend to be devoting herself completely and 100% to those kids, when she's really not. I honestly don't know what they think they're going to do when the sextuplets start first grade a year from now. Do they think people will continue to tune in just to watch Kate talk for 30 minutes an episode while the kids are all in school? Or will she be pulling the kids out of school more often for all the fake "family activities" that the show wants to film?

If Kate seems at all mellow or "better" than she has been in the past, rest assured that it's all a staged, scripted effort to give audiences a very specific impression of her in the wake of her divorce. It's not the first time they've put on a show to pull in ratings, and now they're more experienced with it.

Edited on 08/05/2009 12:07pm

LibraryLady200

[3]Aug 5, 2009
    • level: 3

I found the "new Kate" to be artificial and boring. We have watched her for too long to believe she would change this dramatically.

The show was a gigantic product placement for Coleman and Hersheys.

supercin721

[4]Aug 31, 2009
    • level: 30
    Really? I guess I'll remain a bit naive and optimistic and give her the benefit of the doubt. I think she's taken the good things from her relationship and tried to lighten up. She's alot more accepting of messes and enjoys adventures with the kids. She may be putting on a show but I've never doubted that she's a good mom. Your thoughts?

LibraryLady200

[5]Sep 1, 2009
    • level: 3

This is the stupidest board.

No words are allowed.

No wonder it's dead