Jon and Kate Plus 8 Forums

TLC (ended 2009)

Poll: Should Jon & Kate Plus 8 continue as a series if they divorce?

Should Jon & Kate Plus 8 continue as a series if they divorce?

waltmor

[1]Jun 23, 2009
    • level: 42
    They should keep the series going. Maybe it'll prompt them to get back together after a while..
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

ravynjensen

[2]Jun 23, 2009
    • level: 14

I'd love to see the series continue because I'm in love with those kids...

But it has to be the right thing for them.

Even if the series does continue I don't think J & K will get back together, although I do hope they get to the point where they are on friendly terms. It's heartbreaking, I remember the promos for the vow renewals last year, and there was a shot where they were looking each other in the eye and you could SEE the love ... and now, it's over.

CRaivios

[3]Jun 23, 2009
    • level: 21

My DVR cut out right at the end of the show. Is the show going to be called Jon OR Kate Plus 8?

A cancellation may be the best thing for all involved. Maybe with the cameras gone, the two of them can get some counseling and work things out. Perhaps that is just wishful thinking on my part but for the kids sake, Jon needs to stop being so angry and Kate needs to be less like. . . well, Kate.

BILOXIPAT

[4]Jun 24, 2009
    • level: 3
    I think it would improve the show if, after they separate and take turns staying at the house with the kids, weeks one and three they show Kate and the 8 without John, and weeks two and four they show John and the eight trying to cope without Kate.
    That would be a blast.

jatdnw

[5]Jun 24, 2009
    • level: 1

Well I think if it was up to Jon , it never wld have gone this far. TV wise I mean, even TV people need some down time, but we know that Kate is the bossy one so she will have her own way as always.

Peole I think believe that Jon just use to let Kate walk all over him but I think it was because Jon doesnt like fights there fore

just went along with it., Come on 32 yrs old and all this and he is the one staying home all day not Kate, she is off trotting with her Bodyguard all the time.

So I say good for Jon.

jatdnw

[6]Jun 24, 2009
    why shd they get back together , so Jon can be unhappy

jdgrannie2

[7]Jun 24, 2009
    I think some time apart will help them. Jon needs to know he can be a strong individual. but he must also know it can't be all about him. Kate needs to stop being such a bully and loosen up a bit. Disciplining 8 kids is one thing but shaking down a husband and blasting him in front of others for asking for more than $5.00 a day is a bit tooooo much. I wish them well. Devorse sucks and the kids are always the victims. God bless them all.

bidget34

[8]Jun 24, 2009
    Most of all I feel so sorry for the children. Kate always seems to have an attitude going in any situation. She has to be in control of every thing and every one she encounters. She should know by now that her attitude can transfer to her children. She already has one daughter who is too much like her and needs professional help before she grows into an adult just like her mother. That is not a good roll model to be stuck with. Jon can't be blamed for finally taking a stand against Kate. He ALLOWED Kate to be the controller form the onset of their marriage rather than to have it out with her and show her he too has a brain,wishes and ideas that might not be the same as Kate's. Jon seemed to be the parent who was really parenting the children. He is about having a good time with his children and Kate seems to be more in the BUSINESS of making things work her way. It doesn't take a genius to pick up on Kate's attitude toward Jon and the children. She wants the children to act like little adults and that just does not happen with 8 and 5 year olds. Kate needs to loosen up and enjoy life as it is intended when you have a family! Maybe now since Jon has opened up with his feelings Kate will be able to see she does have some faults just like anyone else! She maybe should take inventory of her faults, if she recognizes she has any, and that would be a great big help to the whole family. The way I see it Kate's way was not working and will not work in a family situation. Very few episodes showed Kate interacting with the family other than barking out orders in one way or another.

chloeballz

[9]Jun 24, 2009

i love jon and kate my heart broke a little... haha

but yes i want to see what happens...i almost cryed that episode last night..haha

LindaMitch

[10]Jun 24, 2009
    I feel like I'll be losing part of my family if they don't continue with the program. I want to know what's happening with the children. It started out being about the children and over time Jon and Kate took the spot light, that's where they messed up, it became a competition between the two of them instead of what the children were learning and doing. Please bring the children back with less Jon and Kate.

emdeemd

[11]Jun 24, 2009

I think it is important for the show to continue since there are so many broken homes in the United States. Hopefully, the program would show divorced couples how to successfully live positively for their children's sake.

The TV show is all about the kids and should continue as such... it is all about what is BEST for the children!

pammyjoisme

[12]Jun 24, 2009
    • level: 4

I really think in all it would be best for them to holt the show for the sake of the children. I do also enjoy watching them grow, the typical bickering that a marriage has and basically life. But maybe this will give them both down time to get their priorities straight and realize that they are parents first, and the kids need not be the victims here , Jon did make some bad choices, I can not say he cheated, but when you are on a public television show, people are going to be watching. Kate did seem sadden, Jon just seemed done. What really happenes in their closed doors is the truth, and they are the ones that know ..

Maybe in time we could see how it works, the kids with dad, then mom, but in all it's their life...

Blessings to the children and all that were hurt by this..

bearzwitch

[13]Jun 24, 2009
    • level: 3

I think that they should ccontinue the series.My reasoning for this is to show how divorce effects the family

structure. It will be benefital for all to show also that divorce can be dealt with in a civilized way, when

you put the children first. I think they can do this. The show is about the children and not their failures.

JaymieLynn

[14]Jun 24, 2009
    Jon needs to grow up and take responsibility for his actions. He seems to me to be thinking he can just chuck the wife and kids and go on with his life. GROW UP YOU HAVE 8 KIDS. From the beginning he has come off childish and I guess with him out of the picture Kate can find a real help-mate not just another kid. Kate need to re-evaluate her priorities also. She has 8 kids. She needs to stop all this traveling and concentrate on her children. Plus I feel instead of buying a monster house that they probably won't be able to pay for, they should have set up college funds for the kids. There is no telling how screwed up these kids are going to be. Hopefully they won't take after the father. He has always been the joke of the show!

bidget34

[15]Jun 24, 2009
    It is apparent that you have not been watching the same show I have! Yes, Jon plays with the children as should any parent. Work can be done as the children take their naps. Kate needs to learn this.

gr8raineys

[16]Jun 24, 2009

I hope they keep the show going, as the kids will be going through the divorce of their parents. The show is one thing that isn't going to change

in their everyday lives. It's life as they know it. Maybe Jon and Kate can start to become friends again. That would be good for the kid as well as them.

They will be connected forever! If they can get past the anger and disappointment with each other they can this show if they think it's right for the kids.

But if the kids are being harmed by the show them, Please stop!

MissKittyX3

[17]Jun 24, 2009
    • level: 2
    I think BOTH parents should grow up and do whats best for the kids or give them to some one who will. They are both completely selfish and deserve one another!

docwalt10

[18]Jun 24, 2009
    • level: 10
    They need to work on fixing the marriage. Not run away from each other. What was the renewing their vows in Hawaii, in front of their children, about? Was that a sham done for ratings? If they truly believe, they both want whats best for the kids, then cancel the show. If they go through with the divorce then the show should be cancelled.

Kauaimon

[19]Jul 31, 2009
    • level: 16
    All of those rumors, and paparazzi was the reason why they drifted apart, I think. It's going to be sad for me to continue watching the show next week after their divorce. Either way, they have to finish their seasons contract, divorce or not I think.

supercin721

[20]Aug 31, 2009
    • level: 30
    More so than anything else, I think these two just drifted apart. It happens. Until now, it has seemed as if they're night and day personalities have balanced each other out. But it's also been clear that Jon hasn't been entirely happy with the way that Kate emasculates him, something that has apologized for. Now, it's clear these personalities are harder to mesh than thought. Their ambitions, goals are drastically different. Then, throw in the stress of 8 kids, the rumor mill, and you've got a divorced couple.