Jon and Kate Plus 8 Forums

TLC (ended 2009)

Who Is To Blame?

Who is to blame for the split?

CRaivios

[1]Jul 17, 2009
    • level: 21

It is easy to blame Kate for being so bossy. However, TLC is not an innocent bystander. They ordered far too many episodes for this young family, waving money in the face of the Gosselins that they could not refuse.

With Jon's photos with his new honey in the south of France, I would not be at all surprised if TLC shows only the episodes already filmed and cancels the show. Do we really want to see the kids melt down on air or when Jon shows up with the girlfriend? And you thought Mady was a problem before all of this?

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

LibraryLady200

[2]Jul 19, 2009
    • level: 3

Well, there is plenty of blame to go around. I think Kate is the villain but TLC is so shoddy.

They showed the Tummy tuck episode this wee, that was so tacky!

stui8

[3]Aug 15, 2009
    • level: 30

MARRIOED PEOPLE BReAK UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!! there may not be ANYONE to blame if your marrige isn't working You Try to fix it THEN YOU BREAK UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! its normal.

ecgirl08

[4]Aug 16, 2009
    • level: 57

I agree that everyone involved is at least partially to blame for what has happened. Listening to Kate talk literally makes me sick to my stomach, and it is appalling that she is getting all this attention when she is basically just a monster who wants us to believe she's putting her kids first when, in reality, even complete strangers can see that it is negatively impacting the children.

Poor decisions have been made by both Jon AND Kate. Kate would love to keep sitting on that couch and lamenting over how Jon has turned into a slimeball while her focus hasn't changed in the slightest. She can say it all she wants, but she's a liar. And TLC isn't helping matters, either. Shooting 40 episodes in one year is just ludicrous. They've been airing two new episodes on some nights to accommodate that. If Kate really cared about her children, she would at LEAST cut the episode number in half. If she feels she "owes it to the viewers" to let them watch her kids grow up, they could still achieve that by filming even fewer than 20 episodes for the season. There are ways to work around it, but there's only one thing they all seem to care about, and it starts with an M and ends with a Y.

And I agree - if they thought little Mady had problems before, wait until they get in deeper and deeper with this divorce and Jon's girlfriends. And Cara has been strangely absent for extended periods, and we all know that Kate was more than happy to tell People Magazine how Cara completely fell apart when her parents told her they were splitting up. (I guess nothing is considered "private family business" to them anymore), so I wouldn't be surprised if she's having serious issues with this, too.

It's all very sad. I was just watching the "Surviving Sextuplets and Twins" one-hour special that aired a year before the show was made into a regular series. It's unbelievable how young they all were and how different Jon and Kate have become. Again, Kate can lie all she wants about how she hasn't changed a bit, but watching that episode is all the proof you need that she has probably changed the most out of all of them.

LibraryLady200

[5]Aug 19, 2009
    • level: 3
    excellent post ec!

ecgirl08

[6]Sep 22, 2009
    • level: 57

Remember the McCaughey family, who also had eight kids in two pregnancies (a daughter and then a set of septuplets)? They did a cover article/photo shoot every year for Good Housekeeping Magazine, just to give an update on the kids and let people know how they grow and change over the years. I don't know if they do that anymore - the kids are probably close to being teenagers now, and I haven't heard much about them in a while, but the point is, that was a perfect way to provide updates on the family without subjecting young, innocent kids to constant cameras and paparazzi. Why can't Jon and Kate try something like that? That way, they could still earn some money for their annual "updates" and continue saving for the kids' futures, but it wouldn't be a 24-hour circus.

Kate seems to think that there's no way they can go back now, in terms of the worldwide recognition, but I don't buy into that. If they quit the show now and resumed a normal lifestyle, things would eventually die down. I know this is the family's sole source of income right now, and it would be hard to let it go completely, but I just think they could work around it and figure out ways to not make it so all-consuming for the kids. What's going to happen 10 years from now, when they're teenagers and can't walk two feet away from their house without the press hounding them? If things are this bad now, after only 5 years in the limelight, wait until it's been 10 or 15 years. It's not too late right now, I don't think, but it could be if they don't change things soon.