Jon and Kate Plus 8

TLC (ended 2009)

ecgirl08

Jon and Kate Plus 8 Fan Reviews (54)

• Will Jon and Kate be ending, who knows.

I love the show. It's amazing how two parents can raise eight kids so wonderfully. Sadly I watched tonight's show and almost wanted to cry but knew it was coming. Jon and Kate splitting up is horrible but them arguing in front of their children is horrible too. I wish them well though because I have parents who were divorced and I know how hard it was but they got along once they got back together after they worked things out. I hope the children with gradually come to understand and that Jon and Kate break it to them gently.
  • Cute show!

The show started out with Korean-American Jon who meets up with Kate, a white American. They marry and then, by fetility drugs, get pregnant with twins. And deciding to have one more baby, they wanted to do drugs again. But instead of one baby, they have six babies. They have five girls and three boys. They are Christians and that they try to live by their faith. Only thing that nags at people is that Kate treats Jon like trash. And that Jon is doing all he can. To please her and the kids. Sadly it just isn't enough. Wished she treated him with respect.
  • What a cute/enjoyable show!

This show is so cute, and really is good. its cool to see how they can handle so many young children! the sextuplets are the cutest kids in the world, and cara is cute too!

my favs are (inorder)
    1. leah- SO CUTE
    2. alexis- SASS! wild child!
    3. cara- sweetest girl ever!
    4. hannah- i love her long hair, mommy's helper!
    5. collin- just too cute with his huge head :)
    6. aaden/joel (TIE i cant choose!, bth so adorable!)
    8. Mady (shes the only bad part of the show, shes whiney and a diva and bratty, cant see how her and SWEET CARA are twins.)
    in conlusion this show is so great jon and kate are very good parents and i respect them alot!\

xoxo
  • I love this series, but the editing and nonlinear story telling makes me believe the production team needs some experience. The probsbly take 12 minutes of REAL story and use it 4 times in each episode. How iritating

5.1
    This would be great with better editing and producing. Using bits of information 3 or 4 times in a singlr episode is really irratating. I love the series, but channel surf during the redundant portions. Try to just tell the story in a traightforward manner. We who love the series would love to see a simple presentation of the story and not 4 2 minute bits of information intercut 4 different times in a single episode. Seeing Collin push Alexis is cute the first time, but the 4th time you see it in a single episode you have to wonder if there really is an editor working this series.
  • The happiness and dilemmas of caring for a large family.

Everyone probably thinks they know what it's like to raise children, or can approximate what it would be like anyway. When you take this well-known environment and add in the factor of a large family, however, things start to get a bit different. Will the parents be able to handle it? Will the kids get lost in the confusion?

Happily, the answer seems to be that even though dealing with no fewer than eight children is a non-stop round of things to do, the parents shown in this series are able manage to handle the difficulties without caving in. There are problems, to be sure-- everybody fights sometimes, and no one can avoid disagreements when the number of decisions to make are multiplied by a large factor-- but it's hard not to smile at all the things the kids do, and to feel a lot of sympathy for the parents. Life like this has become the source for many a sitcom. This show is proof that real life is always more strange and more funny than any fiction.
  • This show became a must watch immediately. I was addicted the first season. Now that I'm busier I haven't been able to catch it quite as often, but I have it set on my dvr to watch when I have time.

I think it is wonderful to expereience their life and how they accomplish the easy tasks with 8 kids! I get frustrated with my two, I love watching them deal with traveling. Patience - boy they have it! At first Kate drove me nuts with her ocd behavior - but I would be the same way if I had 8 kids. She makes it work and thank God Jon is a very understanding man... it takes understanding and patience to make that household run. It's good to know that this show has allowed them more opportunities to spend time with their kids and for Jon and Kate to be at home more often with the kids. I can't wait to see the first day of school for the 6. What a day that will be. Give this show a test run... now that the kids are older, there is much more interesting show topics.
  • Something I wouldn't regularly watch

You know, I don't usually watch this kind of stuff because I don't have kids, but I really enjoyed this. I like seeing how other peoples lives are going and comparing it to mine. I am amazed at Kate's organization with 10 people in one house. She is calm most of the time when she's got 8 screaming kids. I like the husband too, he's really easy going and doesn't do anything you want him to at the momment.

I know Im such a dork for watching this but I like how it's relaxing and fun to see each week.
  • I think that moms can learn a thing or two from Kate, whether it is organization skills, communication skills, or time management. She is an awesome icon for television.

I hope that Kate will be able to read this and realize what an inspiration to motherhood that she portrays, especially to stay at home moms like me. I know that is only what is on camera, and even then she can seem bossy and stressed out, but who wouldn't with all of those children. I particularly like the episode of her preparing meals for the 14 days that she would be gone for her plastic surgery. She took that extra step to make sure that her kids would not eat fast food. And the idea of hiding ground carrots and celery in the meat loaf is pure genius!! I have one two year old and I like to watch the show especially when he had a "bad day" and acted out or pushed my buttons. I watch Kate budget her time at the store, and doing laundry and get the assembly line going with the kids to eat, bathe, etc., and realize that if she can do it, so can I!! The organization level is astounding of the notes to herself, husband, and the twins, maintaining that each must do their part.
    I just think that all matters concerned that she is a great mother and deserves a standing ovation for her day to day routines that are always taken for granted in motherhood. Her children are lucky and will hopefully one day learn to appreciate that aspect also and all the effort that went into raising those children.
  • Jon and Kate plus 8 follows the life of Jon and Kate Gosselin and their kids, twin girls Mady and Cara and Sextuplets Alexis,Hannah,Leah,Aaden,Colin,and Joel.

I LOVE this show i think i am obsssed with it,i never miss a new episode. All of the kids are so cute,my favourite is Leah cause she is just so small and adorable! Im pretty sure i've seen every episode! I liked it when each of the kids got their own special day and got to go to a place with Jon and Kate (but the boys just went with Jon) Some episodes are not as exciting as others,but they are still good. I think the way Jon and Kate raise the kids is great. It's fun watching these cute kids grow up :)
  • I love Jon and kate plus 8! Im obsessed i never miss a episode! The kids are soo cute. I love all of them. I hate when peope pick on them. Im soo obssesed i have a website about them and i make videos i have a wall in my room filled with pictures.

I love Jon and kate plus 8! Im obsessed i never miss a episode! The kids are soo cute. I love all of them. I hate when peope pick on them. Im soo obssesed i have a website about them and i make videos i have a wall in my room filled with pictures. yeah i love them! my favorite episodes are
    All the Kids days. When they went down south.
    sight and sound. Mr.mom. Mostly the new ones
    i like some old ones too. there just an awsome family. every monday i get my DVR set. i have every episode recoarded it! and im hopeing to get the DVD and book soon. i love the gosselins!
  • 8 kids! Wow! Jon and Kate do a great job with them. Its a wonderful show.

I really like this show. It is really very interesting to see how Jon and Kate manage to raise 8 children. I was always interested in multiples seeing as my grandma is a twin. But 6 kids of the same age living under one roof is extreme. I found it hard to watch a group of kids their age at summer camp. John and Kate definitely have it down and have done a wonderful job with the kids. I think they are extremely brave to do some of the things and go to some of the places that they do with 8 kids. I think the fact that Kate is organized and more uptight and Jon is a lot more relaxed balances everything out. I give them major props.
  • This is a great show...Jon & kate are great. The kids are awesome. true reality. Kate is so cute, I love when she yells out "meltdown!"...They are so real, this should be on prime time.

Truly hilarious and so real. Love it. I love the zoo episode, where are the grandparents? Is there a show on her pregnancies? I agree that Jon can be immature, but it's reality and he is a great dad, sometimes I worry about the marraige, but I think they balance each other out. Again this should be on prime time, so cute. I think the show is under rated and needs more publicity. I like the zoo episode and when the girls go to school. I wonder where in the US they live.
  • I love this show and have watched it since it started. My questions for this is why are there no relatives except for the kate's brother and his wife involved? When they are not filming are there other family members?

I absolultaly love this show. I think that it shows how as a parent with patience and organizationl skills you can do a terriffic job. I have learned what is important raising kids, even though my children are grown the concept for this is marvilous. I admire Jon for his sense of humor and never afraid to laugh at himself and Kate. And Kate how she keeps the family together with her rules and keeping everyone in line(smile). She needs a great vacation and a spa week not a day. Also the camer crew are wonderful. good-luck to the show.
  • I absolutely love this show! And the kids are so adorable!

I especially love Alexis (because of her obsession with "aldergators") and Leah (because she's a little princess and very smart and hard-headed). I've seen every single episode since the show started and I'll even watch the reruns even if I've seen it 100 times. The girls (including Kate) looked very pretty in their dresses (I also loved the flowers in their hair) when they were in Hawaii when Jon and Kate renewed their vows. The boys (including Jon) also looked very handsome in their outfits during their trip in Hawaii. One of the best reality shows next to Little People Big World.
  • havent missed a show yet....

Love the show,havent missed a one, love how organized how kate is and how jon is so involved as a dad. Their personailities for the show are great. I have seen other large sized family shows and they just arent the same. Joh and kate are perfect for each other and just the two to have this large family and have this show. My husband even keeps up with it when its on. Dont know how they manage this family and then to have camera crews also on top..you guys rock, keep up the good work...hope they are around enough to see them as teenagers, now wont that make for some real craziness.
  • This show definitely is an inspiration to moms everywhere.

Even though I am not a mom, this show must help thousands of parents everywhere. Jon & Kate go on with their day-to-day lives as normal & easy as possible. They're a not so normal family with eight kids, but they handle everything SOO well. It's astonishing. I really love this show. I love watching to see what the family is doing next & how they're going to deal with everything, and get the kids ready. It's really truly something amazing. They show that no one is perfect, but that everyone can do their best. I recommend this show to anyone, especially mothers with kids, or aspiring mothers.
    It shows not everything is that bad, and everyone can live through something with smiles.
    & you gotta admit, those kids are the cutest!
  • love your show love your family all kids are cute would like your email address

love your, show love your family, all kids are cute, would like your email address... Watch all of your reruns... You guys are so cute togheter... Like jons little outbursts... I wish i lived in your city so i could help out with your children... I love kates organizational skills... I love everything organized myself... You handle your children with a talent rarely seen, with love and loads of patience... I'm a precise folder myself and i would relish in the chance in helping your laundry folder complete that task... your show makes me extremely happy, i love you guys to pieces

I think you guys are a great couple and wonderful parents. Its very entertaining to watch how you deal with daily struggles. I must admit that I skipped the first season because the previews made it look like such a headache. I really missed out. I cant miss an episode, and anticipate for the next one to air. Now that I have a new baby(2mths old), I watch the show and get reminded that my lifes not so bad. Your family is truly inspiring. I wish nothing more but good health and happiness to you and your family. Keep up the good work!!
  • heyy my name is jenny piper and i love ur show. i love ur kids they r so cute. and i just want u to do one thing for me never stop filming. plz

dear: jon and kate + 8;
    hi my name is jenny piper. this sound alittle wierd but im like 11 and i have never missed a show. i love ur show no matter if its a repeat or anything i will watch it. and i love ur kids they r soooo cute. how do u keep ur house soo clean and every thing. i could never ever do that. if i ever met u guys i bet i could name everyone. but i have one question. your children are sooo cute like don't u hate not bening around then. and like omg (ohh my god) like don't u just want to hold them all the time and never let them go.

well i hope u can get back to me.i u don't i understand but plz try i would lov to here from u. :) thanks greatly from jenny
  • Mady's Day Series

I have watched Jon and Kate plus 8 since it was first aired and have enjoyed it very much! One can only imagine the day to day challenges of raising such a happy, healthy family. However, I was a little surprised about Kate's reaction to the gum that "Aunt Jodie" had given the children and that had subsequently stuck to some on their clothing and a much beloved cuddly bear of Collin's. Shame on you Kate for threatening and taunting Collin that you were going to throw it in the garbage...such drama. Even seven year old Mady comforting Collin had it right and tried to explain how it may have happened. Lighten up Kate...stop stressing over some soiled clothes. What's more important...the clothes or your childrens happiness? Though I do agree, gum is not for three year olds...why would you threaten to take this misadventure out on a very obviously cherised toy of your sons. We still can't believe how you freaked out about the icecream in Disney World. Taking a treat away from a child because OH NO!! some might get on their clothes...ridiculous! Just enjoy your children!
  • I have been watching Jon & Kate plus 8 from the beginning and I have to say that it is one show I would hate to miss. I have a 14 month old granddaughter and both my daughter and I think you both are amazing parents. We love you all.

This is reality tv at its very best. Recently I have been enjoying the individual trips you have been taking the kids on. I think it gives us more insight into the different personalities of the children. It is amazing how different they are when they are with you alone. I think it is so cute when they go and kiss and hug the other kids that are staying at home. I think you are so lucky to have Jodi to help you. She is certainly a big part of the Gosselin family. I was just wondering...I thought that the family was moving into a new house and only seen you go to a few places. Are there going to be any more episodes in regards to house hunting?
  • You two are the most loving parents I have ever seen. This is by far my favorite show. The kids with their little antics are hysterical. I don't think there is a mom in the world who doesn't want to have the great friends you have.

Your show is the best of the best! Kate I read somewhere that you have or had ocd,and if thats what ocd does to you, can I have some? Your kids are amazing and gorgeous, you & Jon have a great relationship, what more could you ask for? I had twin daughters when my son was 2, not even close to your hectic life, and I used to sit and cry. Watching you, I feel that guilt, that now they are 22 and 24 and after every episode I find myself apologizing to them. We watch it together. Please don't listen to the people that say you and Jon fight too much, or that you have no patience, I guarantee you that they don't even have twins, let alone 6 and 2 at the same age, and wanting something at the same time. Maddy & Cara are wonderfully amazing older sisters. I just finished watching the Valentine Episode again, because I was floored by the way Maddy and Cara made sure that the younger ones were so involved, (I am sure you were reminding nearby but still) but they did it wonderfully. You can just see how much the younger ones look up to them. I wish you all the luck in the world, and keep up the great work on the show please. I even tape your show just in case I don't make it home in time! Thanks for the laughs and the tears! It is funny though, that once your show aired, within a very short time, who had 19 kids and counting..There isn't any comparison..You win!!
  • Hopefully Jon & Kate reads this.

I absolutly love the show and I'am so happy that they share their lives with others. I faithfully watch the show. It really helps for mothers like me. It gives me a sense of peace, knowing that I'm not the only one that goes through motherhood(stress). It's like my own little support group at home. I'm a 23year old single mother of four girls, which a set of them is twins. Their ages are, from oldest to youngest is, 4, 3(twins), and 1year. It seems as so, in my life, no one understands my cries, but I know Kate would. SO Thank you Jon & Kate for sharing your life with us and I hope you all the best.
  • Jon and Kate Gosselin raise two sets of multiples, a set of seven year old twins, Cara and Madelyn and a set of three-year-old sextuplets, Hannah Leah, Alexis, Aiden, Joel and Colin.

This is one of my favorite reality shows. I try to tune in every week, but sometimes that is difficult. I almost missed it tonight due to a glitch with my cable company, but that got fixed in time thank goodness. I think the way Jon and Kate are raising these eight children is great. I will be surprised if Kate does not one day loose her mind. I know I would with six three year olds to take care of all the time. Add into that two seven year olds and the house is somewhat like a zoo. The little kids are so cute. They can be honery, just like any kids this age, but that is normal. Madelyn, who is seven, is moody most of the time. She also appears to be a little bossy. Cara is a lot more nurturing toward her younger siblings.
  • The best show ever! You will fall in love with this family. It's so much fun to watch the kids grow.

This is my "feel good" show full of entertainment! The children are so much fun to watch and I really admire Jon and Kate. The thing I like most about them is that they show their real side. Sometimes life is messy and full of trials but, through it all they pull together as a family and that's what it's all about. I am a mother of two and I plan to have more kids one day and this show is so inspiring. I never miss an episode of Jon and Kate Plus 8! I look forward to seeing what they will do next!
  • waste of your tv time..

This program is a waste of your air time. I wouldn't watch her on tv if you paid me.
  • Loved in the beging.

Felt so bad for the children.
  • A classic reality show twinged with cuteness!

At first, I must admit, I wasn't a fan of Jon and Kate Plus 8. Having that many children boggled my mind and robbed me of my sympathy for them. However, upon watching it more and more the show does grow on one. The kids are adorable and realistic. Their comments and behaviors are entirely their own and unscripted, showing the unpredictablity, challenges, and rewards of raising children. Each child has their own personality and it is fun and interesting to watch them grow and become more unique and truly their own individuals. The parents, Jon and Kate, are to be commended for their work ethic and the fact that they haven't lost their sanity yet. It takes a special person to be able to work with that many children. Jon tends to be more laid back, willing to let things come and go where Kate is more upfront and assertive. Many complain about Kate's over assertiveness and sometimes antagonism of Jon, however, it passes and she has admirably qualities that overshadow that. Overall, a very entertaining show. One really does fall in the love with the children and it makes one feel like they are a part of their family. Also, it is utterly adorable!
  • adorable

i love watching these children each week. they are all so adorable and they each have distinct personalities. ive watched since the begining i ive loved watching them grow. i only have two problems with the show. mady is an annoying drama queen i we all know where she gets it from (her pain in the you know what mother). however the cutness of the sextuplets outweights that. i do feel bad for Jon and Kate now that the paparazzi are after them and their mariage is strained but to be honest from the begining i didnt think they would last. she is just too uptight for him.
  • I love this show because it's awesome!

Jon & Kate Plus 8 is a reality television show produced in the United States by Figure 8 Films about the Gosselin family, consisting of parents Jon and Kate and their eight children - a set of twins (both girls), and a set of sextuplets (3 girls and 3 boys). The show follows the family through their daily lives, focusing on the challenges of raising multiple children. The show originally aired on Discovery Health but starting with Season 3, airs Mondays at 9:00pm ET/PT on TLC. The family originally appeared in a one hour special titled Surviving Sextuplets and Twins. It's also been reported that the show draws in an average of 2.5 million viewers per episode, making it one of the most-watched reality series on TV. The family lives in Central Pennsylvania. It's amazing!
< 1 2