Jon and Kate Plus 8

TLC (ended 2009)

ecgirl08

Jon and Kate Plus 8 Fan Reviews (54)

• A good show at first, but I immediately sensed the impending doom.

I'll admit, I watched the show in the early days. And I liked it. It was a good show back then. I mainly watched it for the kids. It was fun seeing each child's personality, and how they reacted to the world around them.

Jon and Kate, on the other hand, I favored less. On top of that, I immediately sensed trouble between them; I can distinctly remember watching earlier episodes and thinking, 'I wonder when they'll completely fall apart?'

So needless to say, I wasn't exactly surprised when everything...well, fell apart. I began sensing it after they moved into the new house. That was my first indication that Kate, specifically, had changed. I remember watching the episode in which they got the dogs (which they had to return because Kate really didn't want them, surprise surprise), taking one look at Kate, and going "What in the crud is THAT?"

It's only gotten worse from there. Now that the divorce is happening, Jon and Kate have been acting like completely spoiled brats, in my opinion. Divorce is hard for any kid to handle, I'm assuming; imagine what those poor children must be feeling, seeing their parents act like they are. The children are the only people I have any amount of sympathy for in this case.

I have no sympathy for Jon or Kate, because to me, they've just become greedy, desperate for attention, and contradicting (saying they have no money to pay bills, then talking about buying jewelry; saying they want to be amicable, then saying they hate each others' guts, etc.). Bottom line, I have a hard time believing that anything either of them say is genuine at this point.

So...there you have it. The way I see it, what started as an innocent, clean-cut show has become a disgraceful mess. I do, however, hope that Jon and Kate get their money situation sorted out; they're going to need to in order to pay for the eight sets of therapy bills they'll need to be paying.