Josie and the Pussycats

CBS (ended 1972)

TVvuer69

Josie and the Pussycats Fan Reviews (5)

7.6
  • A copy of other shows

0.5
    Copy of Scooby-Doo, and other mystery shows that CN had, this show is unoriginal and a complete waste of time, i dont belive that someone watch this, but for those who like, try to find something better.

There arent much to say about this show, just that people who made this, should had the idea that this show would be as great as Scooby-Doo is.
  • Josie, Valerie and Melody - the band Alex - their manager Alexanda and Sebastian - nasty charcters Alan - their only roadie as he won't let Alex hire anyone else because he has a huge crush on Josie.

7.3
    Okay, I haven't seen this for a real long time, but from what I can remember it was really cool. I enjoyed the fact that Josie and the gang solved actual world threatening villans, unlike the bad guys in Scooby Doo, who are just there to scare some local folk. I really liked the band as well, more so because I like to think of myself as a lot like Josie - which is true. I also think that Alex is a rather funny charcter as he reminds me of Shaggy from Scooby Doo. What annoys me though is how people mix up Josie and Melody's surname. Josie's is James and Melody's is Jones, because Melody is Fred Jones (from Scooby Doo) little sister. oh, i never mentioned evil Alexanda, her cat Sebastian or Valerie and Alan - well now i have, so that's fair!!!
  • A trio of female musicians and their friends travel the world, smacking down scheming villains intent on ruling the world, stealing all of the world's gold, etc.

You can catch episodes of this series on Boomerang/Cartoon Network from time to time. I've seen all of them and the series reminds me a bit of Scooby Doo, with the characters chasing down mad scientists instead of ghost impersonators. The animation isn't the best, some of the stories have gaping plot holes and there is no such thing as logic in anything this group of kids and their opponents do. But what do you expect in a cartoon aimed at preteens? There is a lot of good music (one of the group's songs is always played over the climactic chase scene), the characters are likable (even the grouchy, jealous Alexandra), many of the jokes are actually funny, and there's plenty of mindless, fun action. Nice way to spend twenty-five minutes.
  • Josie and the gang prove that ambition, stick-to-it-tiveness, and honesty can get you anywhere. This show's really wholesome and fun in an super retro, kitschy way.

Josie and the **** is a fantasy world full of music and friendship; the charactures are mostly teenagers and the storylines are family-friendly. Their storylines take them to other countries and even other planets (eventually the show has them riding a spaceship to their gigs). Anyone who remembers Gidget, Happy Days or the Muppet Show would probably enjoy this campy ride~!
  • Neat, Sweet and GROOVY!!!!!!

I vaguely remember seeing reruns of this show as a little kid in 1978 but years later, it became one of my all time faves. I enjoyed the music and the stories immensely. 16 episodes weren’t enough during its run in the 1970s and I thought that Hanna-Barbera should have produced more of this series and their adventures in outer space. I also praise both the series and H-B for introducing Valerie as the very first African American heroine in an animated series.