Journeyman

Blowback

Aired Monday 10:00 PM Nov 26, 2007 on NBC

• "I don't see any evidence that my brother has broken any laws.""Not unless you count the laws of physics."

JOURNEYMAN is a series that gets better and better with each and every episode. Here then is the second part of the storyline which began in the previous episode "Emily". Having 'gone rogue' in that episode to prevent Aeden Bennett from kidnapping another child, Dan - and the viewer - witnesses the spectacular repercussions of his actions there.

Now released from prison, Aeden Bennet takes his revenge upon Dan in the present only for Dan to escape into the past. Whilst Dan attempts to get back from 1980 to save his family, he discovers that his past and present are about to connect in a very surprising way. These events also lead to an unexpected jump through time for Livia and an eye opening experience for Dan's brother Jack.

This was a spectacular episode in almost every way. Raphael Sbarge's portrayal of Aeden Bennett - a man who believed Dan "took six years" from him - was both haunting and sympathetic, Jack's confrontation in the lift was a definite series high point, the FBI agent's revealing dialogue about his motivation for pursuing Dan came as a surprise, and the final words of "Welcome to our life" topped off one of the most entertaining forty-five minutes of scripted drama I've seen this year.

I hope JOURNEYMAN keeps journeying. I have a feeling things are going to get even more interesting.