Journeyman Forums

NBC (ended 2007)

What Could Have Been

chuckdreyfuski

[1]Aug 11, 2008
    • level: 25
    Interview with Kevin Falls on the direction of the show prior to its cancellation. Read here.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

JalineTV

[2]Aug 12, 2008
    • level: 18

I read this in the morning through this link (which seems to be more detailed).

Very interesting. I'm still hoping for a DVD...

Edited on 08/12/2008 9:00pm

copygeek

[3]Sep 3, 2008
    • level: 13

Now I'm even more disappointed with how the show ended. I would have loved the end of Season One according to that interview.

Xaviersx

[4]Jan 23, 2009
    • level: 11
    After reading the link, I'm very much saddened and still angry that NBC axed this show before letting it tell a full story. Before, I was partially happy that what was shown "seemed" to be a decent presumable end (no deep deep hanging plotlines that we couldn't just imagine what the future would hold) but now, I really want those other episodes and Season 2. Oh well, networks were never know for common sense, just dollars and cents. NBC seemed in rush to kill the show with lax advertising and a desire to rotate something new into the timeslot by just killing things in the timeslot.

FCBarca

[5]Feb 11, 2009
    • level: 15

Quality never wins when it comes to revenue dollars...Programming is dictated by ratings and if 'Middle America' likes fluff, then fluff will win out...Some of the best written network television programmes suffer from dismal ratings.

Next time you get the urge to 'try out' a new show, look closer to the bottom of the 'ratings' rather than the top

BigPapaHusker

[6]Mar 18, 2009
    • level: 2
    :O....

I just read that interview. OMG, those episodes + season 2 sound like they would have been amazing. DAMN NBC for canceling such a great show. Sadly, if it would have been on ABC it would have probably been canned too. They just canceled my favorite show this season, Life on Mars.

milkhaswings

[7]May 30, 2009
    • level: 13
    Damn, I miss this show even more (which I didn't think was possible) after reading that.

primetime73

[8]Jul 21, 2009
    • level: 4
    The link no longer works, anyone willing to give a quick summary of what was said? I was reallys starting to get into the show when the plug was pulled and thought it had a lot of potential.

[9]Jan 8, 2010
    • level: 7
    S.O.B.s that last question really made me angry that they did NOT FINSH THE F'IN SEASON. DON'T THEY KNOW WE ALL WANTED MORE OR COULD THEY NOT COMPERHEND THAT, I MEAN HOT STUPID DO YOU HAVE TO BE TO NOT AT LEAST FINISH OUT A SEASON. AT LEAST GIVE US THAT MUCH, I MEAN COME ON.