Journeyman

Pilot - A Love of a Lifetime

Aired Monday 10:00 PM Sep 24, 2007 on NBC

• Not to put too fine a point on it but wasn't Moon Bloodgood just in Day Break? (Spoilers)

First let me say that I LOVE time travel stories. Ever since Gary Seven appeared in Star Trek I was totally hooked on this genre.
    I even had plans to start a time travel website. So if I appear a bit critical at first, please bear with me.

When I sat down to watch Journeyman I was anticipating some new breakthrough that I had not thought of before. But after just a bit, I began to think this is just the same old rehash. Good thing I stayed the course. But after all, didn't Moon Bloodgood just play Rita Shelten opposite Taye Diggs' Detective Brett Hopper in Day Break? (That was a rather time repeat story) and didn't Gary Hobson (Kyle Chandler) do this going around fixing what was about to go wrong in Early Edition? Or what about Quantum Leap? Not to mention the ripple effect (no, not that one, you know, "a ripple in time slays nine" (c) 2007 Marcus Tee) that has been used repeatedly since Sliders/Stargate etc. to indicate a passage to another time (or dimension).
    Then, as Dan leaves Livia in the apartment and runs into, huh? Go back! What was that? Livia in the stairwell? Yow! It finally got interesting. Forget all the Gary Hobson rescuing, I want to know how/why Livia is bopping around time the same as Dan. This is what will hold my interest in this series. I only hope that they have a really unique explanation. Because I have yet to see a series leave me satisfied at the end of a time travel story. (Usually there are many loose ends.)

So here's hoping this series excels. I would dearly love to see a time travel story go several seasons and finish satisfactorily.

Marcus Tee