Journeyman

Pilot - A Love of a Lifetime

Aired Monday 10:00 PM Sep 24, 2007 on NBC

• This series seems to take a mishmash of used ideas and put them together, but it does so fairly well.

My first thoughts about this show, was that it was a Quantum Leap/Day Break combo. Quantum being one of my favorite shows ever, and Day Break never stood a chance. It starts into things quite quickly, with no real explanation of why the main character is travelling to the past. At first it is annoying, how he jumps back and forth and how obviously he the path he is on is going to destroy every relationship he is in. And he seems to be a real dummy, checking in on his own history when he's sure he's supposed to help somebody else. Then the twists come, how he is not the only one making these mysterious jumps, and how his old dead girlfriend isn't dead. By the end he finally gets smart, and shows his wife that he is sane, in a nice romantic way. So it ended much better than it started, and thus will bring me back to find some of the answers I need in further episodes. Not the best pilot, but good enough.