Journeyman

Pilot - A Love of a Lifetime

Aired Monday 10:00 PM Sep 24, 2007 on NBC

• Nice to see a show actually filmed in SF!

6.6
    WARNING: SPOILERS HEREIN:

Unfortunately, I think the San Francisco scenes were the highlight of the show for me.
    I love sci-fi and time travel stories, so I will give this show another chance - but I did not find the pilot all that interesting.

I didn't find the characters all that interesting. (And there is no way a reporter could afford that 2 million dollar house!) All we get on their background is he's got a dead fiancee and he stole his brother's wife.

The sudden leaps back into time are not explained, nor the fact that his dead girlfriend also seems to be able to travel back in time. Too much mystery for me and not invested enough yet to care.

And I was confused about the point of the episode. Should he have NOT initially saved that guy from suicide? In other words, should he have not interfered in any way with the past? Or was it that he had to go back and fix the past for this random guy a few different times?

I hope the shows explains a lot more next week, because it has good possibilities but it's still kind of weak.

And more San Francisco please - don't turn into Monk - pretending to be in SF but filiming in LA.