JPod Forums

CBC (ended 2008)

what happened to Senseless Prom Death?

lsdelirious

[1]Mar 29, 2008
    • level: 5
    did this episode air last week or did the network skip an episode tonight?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

homersimpson70

[2]Mar 29, 2008
    • level: 20

It appears they skipped it.

Not sure if it was on purpose or not. Hopefully it'll run next week.

dtimekeeper

[3]Mar 29, 2008
    • level: 6
    Yeah, I was so confused when I saw the scenes of them being dressed up. I went back to e10 to see if there were any scenes like that, then realized they skipped an ep. This episode was pretty good, Jim is pretty articulate. Its so sad to see Steve go though

homersimpson70

[4]Mar 29, 2008
    • level: 20

CBC has episode 11 "Senseless Prom Death" up on their site as well as episode 12 "Steve Leaves".

I'm guessing they'll never air Senseless Prom Death on tv, but at least you can watch it online.

dtimekeeper

[5]Mar 29, 2008
    • level: 6
    Yeah, you got there before me. I just checked the website and they have 11 and 12 out. W00t, time to watch! I hope Kam is in this one.

lsdelirious

[6]Mar 29, 2008

that sucks! they just have to air it, even in reruns..

whenever I try to watch episodes directly off the CBC website, I get a message saying "this content is currently unavailable" - is this this an IP filtering thing blocking Americans? (or all other non-canadians?) So unless I can get around that somehow, bittorrent is my only means of watching. Unless they release a dvd set....!

if there is any possible way someone could snag it from the site and put up a torrent that would be great

lsdelirious

[7]Mar 29, 2008
    Sweet some put up an .flv of ep11 torrent titled "jPod S01E11 PROPER savejpod ca"

Telkiar

[8]Mar 29, 2008
    • level: 10
    lsdelirious wrote:
    Sweet some put up an .flv of ep11 torrent titled "jPod S01E11 PROPER savejpod ca"

Thanks for the heads-up. I was pissed I didn't get my pod fix this week... and now I get 2!

pop3tart

[9]Mar 29, 2008
    • level: 3
    It was a broadcaster mix-up. 11 was supposed to have aired last week but was pre-empted for figure skating, so it was meant to air this week. Heartbreaking that the plot twists were spoiled by airing 12 instead, and I think they'll just move on to 13 next week, so if you want to see 11 in this cycle, the internet is the only place (CBC if you're in Canada, mininova if you're not).
    Edited on 03/29/2008 7:02pm

lsdelirious

[10]Mar 29, 2008

having watched it, ep11 is actually pretty important in terms of plot development... lol only in Canada would figure skating preempt regular programming

snyone know if/when there will be a season 1 dvd? as an American im sure they could care less how much I petition to save JPod since I'm not technically counted as the broadcast audience - but maybe if requests for pre-orders on the DVD start rolling in.... maybe then they would care once it becomes a matter of losing potential profits from americans like me = )

monkeyman717

[11]Mar 30, 2008
    • level: 4

Guess what!

CBC sucks

First I hear that the show was cancelled, and I was mad but understood because it didn't seem like a CBC type of show (by which I mean old people wouldn't watch it). Then I see that figure skating is on instead of this, which made it a lot worse. And when I miss the episode I download it and find that not only did they skip an episode but in doing so they ruined the episode before it. But thanks to this forum I learned that the episode was up on cbc's website. I gained some respect for cbc because of that.....It didn't last long. Whether it was because a lot of people were on the site or because the video player sucked (or both), the epsiode played very badly, loading slowly and skipping frames. But I soldiered through and after a while I didn't mind. The killing blow was when it stopped playing 3/4 of the way through to buffer, and then went back to the start of the episode and still took forever to buffer and to this point has not started playing. So thanks to the guy who uploaded the .flv onto Mininova and to Isdelirious for telling us about it, and balls to CBC. The end

(and yes, it did take me a few days to realize i put CBS instead of CBC, but I also hate CBS for cancelling Jericho so its all good)

Edited on 03/31/2008 5:13pm

flowerdew

[12]Mar 30, 2008
    • level: 8
    So...episode 11 would be the "previously" scene with Ethan kissing Kaitlin with the balloons...but, did it show Carol hitting Steve with the car? Or was it just implied?

lsdelirious

[13]Mar 31, 2008

Carol's crop gets stolen, which leads to the ex-girlfriend Sarah getting shipped off to China.... Carol feels bad about it after a few days, and Jim lets slip out about Steve and Ellen in trying to convince her China isn't so bad. Steve is stumbling down the street when she guns it into reverse, hits the trash cans (and kills Steve) and drives off.

I loved the fact they threw in the hugging machine from the book!