JPod

CBC (ended 2008)

JPod Fan Reviews (8)

7.9
  • Set in 2005, the show revolves around a group of video game programmers whose last names all begin with "J". They live and work in a development "pod", which they refer to as the "JPod", within a company that resembles Electronic Arts.

The only reason I originally heard about J-pod was through several forums talking about future Canadian shows. Looking for something different from the unsual dross that we are served, I tuned in to see what was what and boy, am I glad I did.

The quirky nature of this show will not appeal to everyone but people with a broad sense of humour will really enjoy this. The premise is unique in itself and as the show progress I look forward to seeing just what menanderings all the characters get up to.

Even though the show is titled Jpod, the show similarly focuses on the Jarlewski family. Its is these scenes that really make the show for me. C'mon, who not going to find funny a family whos mum (Sherry Miller) is a pot dealer who at the same time, thinks family values are important. A dad (Alan Thicke) who was an ex-ballroom dancing champion who now is an acting with a wandering eye. A brother who is a real estate agent but in hos spare time, likes to dable in chinesse orginized crime and finally the main character, Ethan (David Kopp), a video game programer who tries to keep everything together.

This is a very enjoyable show and one that is highly recommened.