Judge Joe Brown Forums

Weekdays 3:00 PM on In Season

Judge Joe Browns needs to be educated regarding pit bulls

mailegirl2007

[1]Aug 7, 2007
    • level: 1

Yesterday we heard Judge Brown talk about pit bulls on the show - apparently he is ignorant about them. I have no idea what episode it was - something about a young couple that broke up and custody of a dog and payment of some bills.

Judge Brown said that pit bills are dangerous dogs and that as a young single girl she should not endanger herself and others with such a known dangerous animal.

Please get your facts straight - there are more dog bites per year from Golden Retrievers than pit bulls. Pit bulls get a bad wrap because of a few people who shouldn't be allowed to have any pets. Pit Bulls are friendly loyal pets and we need to stop the rumors and misinformation. I know some wonderful pit bulls who are companion dogs and some who volunteer by donating blood to a canine blood bank. They are dogs like any other type and we don't need someone like Judge Brown continuing to give out wrong information.

Judge Brown - shame on you!

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

mrpitt

[2]Sep 6, 2007

Judge Joe Clown, what a joke. How about I continue your uneducated prejudices against the american pitbull terrier by claiming that those who are giving them a bad name are those from the inner city ghetto areas, you know, african americans. Oh, but that would be clear cut racism, and we should never bring that into any thought process...well, sort of how you did against these dogs in your broad stroke.

How about this my uneducated fool....the american pitbull terrier finished 4th...FOURTH, out of 122 breads in people friendliness and people stability. FOURTH. If you would educate yourself before sounding off like a pompous ass know it all, you would research these facts, the same facts stating the african american makes up most of the criminal system and prisons. Why is it, we call anybody who walks the other side of the street when he/she sees a black man walking down it a racist...despite the fact there is a one in four chance that black male individual was involved in the criminal system at some degree, a fact...and yet we have a judge melon head who has the nerve to spout off his own profiling, profiling against actual statistics claiming the american pitbull terrier as a stable people friendly dog?

I can say, without any hesitation, it's far safer to walk in a yard of pitbulls then down Pitkin Avenue in Brooklyn.

We have the dog whisperer.

We now have, the dog racist.

The mindless american pitbull terrier hanging judge.... joe clown. Here are some more stats and information for you Judge Joey Clown, about the dog they once called the NANNY dog, due to it being so good with little children, sort of like Petey of the little rascals.

Pit Bull Facts

http://www.dogwatch.net/fight_ontario_ban/pit_bull_facts.html

A lot has been said about 'pit bulls'. That they are time bombs. That they were bred to fight. That they are unreliable. Before you make up your mind about whether or not a 'pit bull' ban is justified you owe it to the breeds affected to learn the truth.

Fact: It is true that the 'pit bull' was originally bred to fight - other dogs. However the dogs lived at home as a family pet in the late 1800s and lived in the house with the wives and children of the men who fought their dogs for sport, so they needed to be absolutely reliable around people. Dogs that showed human aggression were culled - that means they were euthanized and never bred from. These actions have evolved a unique dog personality where animal aggression has absolutlely no correlation to human aggression.

Fact: There are quite a few celebrities who have owned one of the 'pit bull' breeds that Michael Bryant would ban in Ontario: Ray Romano, Don Cherry, Fred Astaire, President Roosevelt, Jack Dempsy, Thomas Edison, Madonna, Michael J Fox, Brad Pitt, Bernadette Peters, Sinbad, Alicia Silverstone, Linda Blair, Humphrey Bogart, Usher, Mel Brooks, Ann Bancroft, John Stuart, Jan Michael Vincent, Pink, Kelli Williams, Ken Howard (Father in Crossing Jordon - his Pit Shadow saved his life), Malcolm Jamal Warner, Stephan Jenkins, Rosie Perez, Ananda Lewis, Amy Jo Johnson, Mary Tyler Moore, Steve and Terrie Erwin (the Crocodile Hunter), Jack Johnson, Bill Berloni (Broadway show dog trainer who has said that the Pit is the breed of choice for training), Anthony Robbins, Molly Price, President Woodrow Wilson, Frankie Muniz, AJ Mclean, Barbara Eden, and even Helen Keller.

Fact: Dog fighting was outlawed in the early 1900's. Since that time the breeds that go back to the original 'pit bull' of the early 1800s has been raised as a family pet, not a fighter. Fact: The only people raising fighting dogs today are a small contigent (est. 1-2%) of criminals and gang members - these people are also selling drugs, carry guns and are a threat to society on many different levels. Breed bans will not stop these people or curb the danger they pose in our society.

Fact: According to Alfons Estelt of the American Temperament Test Society, Inc. temperament evaluations of American Pit Bull Terriers shows that this breed has a very high passing rate of 95%. The average passing rate for the other 121 breeds of dogs in the tests: 77%.

Fact: The 'pit bull' does not have a 'locking jaw'. On this topic Dr. 1. Lehr Brisbin of the University of Georgia wrote: "The few studies which have been conducted of the structure of the skulls, mandibles and teeth of pit bulls show that, in proportion to their size, their jaw structure and thus its inferred functional morphology, is no different than that of any breed of dog. There is absolutely no evidence for the existence of any kind of "locking mechanism" unique to the structure of the jaw and/or teeth of the American Pit Bull Terrier."

Fact: 'Pit bulls' are therapy and service dogs. They are also involved in search and rescue. The Chako Rescue Association has Pit Bull therapy dogs in Texas, Utah and California. Cheyenne and Dakota are a team of hard-working Search-and-Rescue Pit Bulls in Sacramento, California. APBT Weela was the Ken-L Ration's Dog Hero of the Year and is credited with rescuing over 30 people.

Fact: The problem with 'pit bull' attacks is an ownership problem that will not go away if we ban 'pit bulls'. Politicians are distorting the truth and are ignoring all of the evidence that says the bad owners will simply switch to other breeds - and there are many for them to choose from that can be equally as dangerous as a 'pit bull'. Ontario needs strong dog laws that apply to all dogs equally.

Thank you for the time Joey the Clown.

Edited on 09/06/2007 9:42pm

suziespence

[3]Aug 26, 2008
    Judge Joe Brown evidently hasn't studied on dogs, especially pit bulls. Haven't you heard "Punish the deed, not the Breed". The responsiblilty falls totally on the owner of a dogs actions and not the dog.

blackgoddess316

[4]Sep 3, 2008
    • level: 6
    pit bulls do get a bad rep. i know one pit that actully had gotten loose on my block and when people saw it they froze, but the dog just came up to them and sniffed them and it was really nice and the people fed it until the owner came to get it. so its not pits that are bad its the OWNERS that train them to fight or kill other dogs. he don't know or care to know.

Demo0127

[5]Mar 30, 2009
    I Agree but Judge Joe Brown is ignorant on so many other levels. He is a disgrace to all African American Men who have made a powerful impact on their communities. I am an African American woman, and I know it bad to say things like this but I absolutely hate this Guy. I really look forward to the day they take this idot off air. And if it is all a gimmick shame on him for being a part of it. He is but the typical Uncle Tom that some how wonder on to the air wave to confirm the beliefs of so many other ignorant racist people. Not realizing how stupid he looks to his own people. Half the time if he just shut his mouth he would get the just of most of the cases that come across his bench but instead he over talks the victims make false and bias accusations and eventually delivers the wrong Judgement. I would love to have 10 minutes with this guy to tell him how much of a prick I and the rest of the African American Community thinks he is. NEWSFLASH JOE BROWN NO ONE LIKES YOU! You are no Judge Mathis. For the sack of Real Black Men Retire. If I never saw your face flash across my screen again it would be to soon!!!!!!!!!!! P.S. And I Hope Judge Joe Brown reads this.

blackgoddess316

[6]Apr 16, 2009
    • level: 6
    yes and what i don't understand is, everytime he has a woman who is either pregnant or has children and she brings the father of the child(ren) with her to court, he always says "get married" why?? why should they get married cause HE say so? shouldn't that be a choice that THEY make not him? sometimes people just have kids and don't marry that person or it could be their choice NOT TO MARRY. i don't really like him either anymore. i used to but his attitude has gotten alot worse and i can see why alot of people have been getting smart with him lately cause he seems to bring up their past like that has to do something with the case at hand. he'll sit there and bring up dogs if it has to do with work. judge joe brown, get it together.

vegasdomar

[7]Aug 12, 2009
    • level: 2

The last 17 of 21 severe damaging attacks at the large dog park I go to have been by pit bulls.

The last one was where a woman brought her Weimreiner (adult) and its' 6 mo. old pup in. The bull ran up without warning and grabbed the dog, shook it and broke its' neck. It was just luck that the person was held until police could arrive and take a report.

I carry and have no hesitation in using if necessary whether a pit or not. These animals have been bred and inbred so much that they are a danger and their owners if not responsible should be locked up and the key thrown away.

Argue all you want but you'd better be prepared for the consequences if your animal is a nut case.

OCMOM75

[8]Aug 27, 2009
    I totally agree Pitbulls are very dangerous and unpredictable animals. I knew a single Mom that lived with her mother and 6 year old little girl. She always tried to convince everyone Pit bulls are safe and only dangerous if raised to be and her's was loving and gentle. The grandma was home alone with her grandaughter and the pit bull they had raised since it was a puppy. Out of know where the dog attacked the little girl wjhile she sat watching TV. The grandma could not get the dog off of her grandchild. Poor Brianna was killed. My daughter's aunt has pit bulls and they had attacked my daughter but they pulled the animals off of her. She only suddered a small puncture wound. Her aunt never mentioned she had pit bulls before asking if my daughter could come and visit. I never let her visit again. If you want to own a pit bull fine... but make sure you are living without children in the home somewhere in the mountains or in areas you do not have neighbors. We live in a big city and weekly there are pit bull stories on the news.

stubbbone

[9]Nov 12, 2009
    Once again, a dog that was probably not spay or neutered, no dog that has been spy or neuter has ever killed anybody, that is from the Humane societies own site.