Judge Judy ,are her cases fake or not

da446

[1]Jan 30, 2008
    • level: 3
    the cases may not be fake but the defendant and others invovled in every case may be actors playing those who were actually involved in every case dealt with by real judge judy
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

woundedwindow

[2]Apr 27, 2008
    • level: 10
    I totally think it's possible, but in many cases if they want to appear on tv and make money for that appearance it's worth it even if you don't win the case. I know someone who wrote to her, and her and her ex-boyfriend(we all make mistakes, some of us make bigger ones), just appeared before her last week.

moonchild0659

[3]May 26, 2008
    • level: 1
    did anyone see that really strange case from today monday 26th. a mr. chavez and jennifer and an old guy, jennifer who was no prize pkg lives at the old guys house when she wants to and with the chavez guy when she's not with the old guy. just really odd, u had to see it to know what i mean

blackgoddess316

[4]Oct 9, 2008
    • level: 6
    yeah the cases are real, but i did hear u get paid either way and i also heard how if u got to owe the person money(if u lose) u don't pay out your pocket the show does so you're not paying out any money. maybe that's why alot of people go on there.

JTFAN

[5]Nov 6, 2008
    • level: 9
    Yes, the cases are real. However, from what I have heard, all of the people watching in the gallery are paid extras.

blackgoddess316

[6]Apr 16, 2009
    • level: 6
    yeah, i was thinking the same too cause who really would sit there court cases if they didn't have to be there? and if u ever watch judge joe brown look in the audience cause u ALWAYS see the same people. sometimes they would sit in the same seats or sometimes they might be on the other side in the same seats. sad.

edmo1962

[7]May 15, 2009
    the cases are not FAKE, and the litigants are not actors, my wife had a case that went to Judy, the producers wanted us to "hurry up" with our filing and they paid us $600.00 to appear. The producers tell you to speak out of turn etc. because they know she'll yell at you or otherwise try to humiliate you in front of millions of viewers. It's called TV folks, they want it to be as entertaining as possible.

edmo1962

[8]May 15, 2009
    ...and yes the show pays the claims/awards.