Judge Judy

Weekdays 3:30 PM on Premiered Sep 16, 1996 In Season

Judge Judy Fan Reviews (109)

• Today Case about Former Girlfriend and Boyfriend (Dave)

I thought you would be fair and smart enough as being a Judge but I don't believe the result you gave is more favor on your gender, Woman.

That's not FAIR! You should know better than that!
  • great judge

Very entertaining watching judy cut through the lies and embellishments. She is fair and only comes across so tough because the people involved are American and have no respect for the law, arguing with the judge, blatently lying to wriggle out of responsibility, with that arrogant national attitude of entitlement. I love seeing her make people take responsibility for their behaviour. People who think she is rude or too hard don't get it, its the only way to get to the truth, to rattle these people, she knows exactky what she's doing.
  • Judy Judy is sad and should be retired LOL

I hate this show its about time they retire the airing and get something better on in its place. Judy S. is an idiot who should be doing something else. Its NOT EVEN GOOD ENTERTAINMENT.. all DRAMA.
  • Judy is way much better than Karen

Judge Judy always be fair to everyone, no matter the race. But Karen always play racist card to let black people win with all those lies n bullshit!
  • Put A Sock In It!!

I am amazed how many people enjoy the Judge Judy Show. I haven't watched for a few years because she was so rude, annoying and NEVER shut up! Maybe She has read about the cases but the audience hasn't and I'd like to hear what they have to say. She asks people to explain and then interrupts constantly whey they try, people rarely are able to finish a sentence. She yells at people and always says: "I don't care" which is very unprofessional. She offers nothing worthwhile, just degrading criticism. What she says is "here say" the other judges accept. She is rigid, judgmental, self absorbed, mouthy, annoying, smug, rude, All Knowing and so arrogant to think she never makes a mistake! She has made millions with her foul personality. Just escapes me this show is continually renewed! Not a good example of how a Judge should treat fellow human though she thinks IS NOT GOD!
  • what gives?

how come there are no full episodes of this show anywhere on the internet. not even on
  • LAZY JUDGE

Judge Judy is a lazy judge who is only interested in getting the case overwith and having lunch and collecting her outragious pay check. She acts like she is doing everyone a favor for being the judge. I think anyone is crazy for going on her show and expecting a fair hearing, she only wants to get simple cases which involve no critical thinking. To see how a real judge operates a court room tune into Peoples court, the judge there is very smart and enjoys her job.
  • JUDGE BOOTY

i use to watch judge judy; but i feel she has become very nasty; she treats everyone like their jerks and she just hasn't the time for them; thinks their all stupid, she's rude.
  • Horribly overbearing.

I guess the only reasons why people come on her show is for the paid for trip and for the 15 minutes of fame because I couldn't deal with someone like her. I do understand some of the people on the show are losers and deserve to be yelled and insulted at, she only does it because she can and for higher ratings. Any real judge who does that in court could easily be suspended or removed from bench. She acts high and mighty and acts like she's better than everyone else. There are times where so does not listen at all to certain people, and constantly interrupts people. She hears what she wants to hear, and will ignore facts because she has already made her mind. She's ignorant about many subjects (look up what she said about Lupus), and obviously predetermines cases. I rarely watch, but only watch to see if someone has balls to talk back to her.

Quick note to rdyaim: Most of us who do not like Judy, are not people who blame others for our actions like you say. You're assuming that we're losers who defend the losers on the show. Judges should NOT come down to their level. They must be as professional as possible. I guarantee you she did not act like this when she was in family court.
  • Good for JJ!

see, most of you don't get it! one, you don't take responsibility for your actions. worse, you blame others and justify it, including lying. second, sometimes in order for someone to understand something, you have to come down to their level. she's correct in her approach, because most of them are ignorant morons. even after JJ tells one of the litigants how wrong they are and why, they still have the gall to deny it in front of the camera when the case is over. she is a judge, and has many a year behind her as she says of experience, especially in family court. she had a reputation then and didn't put up with any bullshit. i suggest, just for entertainment, go on youtube and see some of her episodes. third, when you go the court, there is, what i call, a dance, a process of fact finding. people do not know how to answer a closed question which is nothing more than a yes or no! they answer it as if it was an open question, and a lot of times, people hang themselves by what they say. if i ask you a closed question, i don't want your life history. when i ask the plaintiff questions, the defendant must remain quiet; the judge will then direct questions to the defendant, and go back & forth accordingly. it's called fact-finding and applying the law. people interrupt, do not know how to answer, so they deserve to be ridiculed in front of live tv, if anyone. maybe after viewing the tape, they may learn from it. learn from her, people! learn to know how to answer questions and when. you can't argue with a judge; they are the ones who went to law school; not the litigant.
  • Why so rude?

Did her mother fail in her job? What caused Judge Judy to be such a rude, arrogant person. Do you really need the ratings that badly?
  • Soldier Happy to Live, Nothing Else Matters

Here's the deal. I understand that the litigants split a fund minus the judgement but the honorable Judge Judy should really re-think some of her statements. A soldier's mother was suing the soldier's wife for damage done to a car while he was deployed. When the mother mentioned how upset the soldier was when he saw his car, this judge interjected that since he stepped off of the plane of his own accord that the car didn't matter. She probably didn't intend for it to come across the way she did, but it sounded like she was saying that soldiers shouldn't expect anything back home except coming home alive. A wife cheating on him and a car destroyed doesn't matter just because he's a soldier and didn't die. The soldier is so happy about fighting and living that he doesn't feel hurt when he returns home and his life is turned upside down. I guess that he should just suck it up and drive on. He's obviously overreacting in her eyes. With all due respect, your honor, having been the returning soldier, I've been upset more than a few times after returning home. I guess I don't have the right to be upset by anything ever again. If we placed that much value on our lives, then we wouldn't have served at all.
  • Quit pre-determining cases

It is apparent that Judy pre-determines court cases before they air. What ever happened to being innocent until proven guilty. The program would be better if law principles would be in order and they were used in this courtroom. She is short with the litigants to get better ratings and that may be the case here. However some of us would like to see court decorum and a better program. Let the litigants prove their cases and allow the laws to prove guilt. Stop the drama and then law students would see the real court issues and deal with them respectively
  • Conversate

Judge Judy:

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! It is about time that someone in the public eye pointed out to the morons of the world that conversate is not now and never has been a word. It has made me crazy since the first time I heard someone use it and pointed out that it was not a word in the English language. So again, Thank you!!

Sincerely,

Terrie
  • Judge And Baliff

that could not have been there. and you do not call people names. you want respect? How about giving it. Shame on both of you laughing at people you feel are bebeath you. They made you what you are. But that is starting to fizzle out. People want kinder shows. Better saveyour money. Most of my remarks were was eraced,above. I wonder why? All you spwew is hate and won't let ohthers have their day in court. Shame on all of you. You must be amisserable person to have to degrade people the way you do. I bet you would't let you kids talk to each other in that manner. Better watch out we're being watcht and They already have my statemnts and deleted them . That's ok
  • Time to Depart, Judy.

She hates being wrong and therefore never admits when she is. Litigants suffer her wrath, without exception, and cases are often dismissed because she has become intolerant, impatient and sarcastic in her old age. Many of her opinions are out-of-date (such as condemning a certain breed of dog without realizing it's been proven that a dog's behavior is the fault of the owner, not the breed). Ineffective and unfair as a judge. Used to be good - those days are gone.

• BREAKING THE A APATHETIC BALIFF.....

IF I MAY, WHY IS THERE NOT AN ARREST MADE WHEN SOMEONE ADMITS TO SELLING, USING,BUYING, GROWING, DRUGS? AND ALSO, WHY DOES THE JUDGE DEAL WITH AN ADULT THAT HAS SO MUCH APATHY THAT HE REMINDS YOU OF A HIGH SCHOOL STUDENT, I'M REFERING TO THAT APATHETIC BALIFF WHO SHOULD BE AT OBAMA RALLIES!!!
  • Judy ... why don't you retire.

How old are you? LOL I noticed you love to talk about how much experience you have behind you.. but I have also noticed how much your lacking... you have much to learn about yourself and others. Your an old bitty.. who needs a career change or retire or just like any other actor on .. I agree with the other "negative" comments made about you. Why do these people waste their time with you even coming onto your show? You certainly wouldn't talk to me that way regardless who you may think you be sure of that. Hey Judy.. hit the desk again with your And get Burt to read for you more.. it might help. Judy your a real piece of work, you have much more to learn in your golden years, and perhaps need a change in life or retire. You professionalism leaves much to be desired.
  • Ignorant/rude person

1.5
    I do not know why this woman got a renew contract for 4 years for the extreme amount she is getting paid. She is so rude and makes up her own rules and laws. If she does not like you no matter what you say she will not listen to you. I think she is conceited and ignorant. She is so overpaid for being a jerk.
  • I feel sorry for her

Someday she will have to answer to God,I wonder how she will re-act to him with how she has put down is a very sad feel sorry for her husband that he has to put up with her I would tell her on you Judge Judy
  • The Worst of The Worst!

Of all the 'judges' on television this one gives the entire 'courtroom drama' genre a bad name! The worst thing any litigant can do is go into Judy's (I refuse to call her a 'judge') courtroom with well-prepared, well-researched facts in hand.. The last thing this whiny, egomaniac will allow one to do is actually KNOW the law! She will not only refute, deny and outright lie about the proof, she will make up her own damn laws to suit herself! It all depends on who she hates more, the plaintiff or the defendant! The law has little or nothing to do with her cases!

The woman has about as much capacity for compassion as a rabid dog! Her favorite cases are ones where tenants want recompense for living with rats, mold, non-working utilities, etc! Her stock answer is always "THEN MOVE"! What this EXTREMELY wealthy witch doesn't seem to get is not EVERYONE in the world has the kind of money SHE DOES! It's not always possible, through circumstances, for people to come up with the money necessary to just move out of the place they are living! I've been there myself a time or two! Landlords often take advantage of this situation and will leave the rats, mold and crap instead of fixing it.. They are NOT called SLUMLORDS for nothing! It's my sincere hope this god-awful woman, someday, get's all that goes around.. Like my grandma always said you can't treat people like s--t and not expect to get some on you!
  • she gives it like it is

3.5
    really want to be in her studio
  • Step-sister sues step-sister for stolen cash

Most group heath insurance policies contain a subrogation clause. Subrogation is an insurance claims process where a company looks for reimbursement from an at-fault party. In an car accident (as in the episode I saw) the group health plan goes ahead and pays the medical expenses BUT (big but) if/when a third party (auto ins) pays you directly - you are required to reimburse the HEALTH ins for any benefits they issued on your behalf for medical expenses due to that auto accident.

Judge Judy stated something to the effect of : "I've never HEARD of such a requirement!" How could she not know this. (What else doesn't she know?????)
  • Social Class

Since when are deadbeats a social class?
  • The sad young gay black man

I lost all respect for JJ when she totally humiliated the young gay black man. He ran to the corner of the "courtroom" and was sobbing. She didn't give a rat's behind about him. I was so moved that I actually emailed the show. And of course didn't receive a reply. She was so cruel to this young man, it literally left me in tears. JJ, it's time to move to Florida and hopefully learn some compassion.
  • Women Sues Dog Owner After Dog Bites Her.

Watched an episode in which a woman sued a dog owner. This after the dog bit the woman and the woman's husband threatened to kill the dog. Something Judge Judy didn't even acknowledge, even though she is as particular as she is. Also, the dog owners responsibly had the dog euthanized. But the woman who was bitten was not happy with just the medical bill payment AND the dog being put to sleep. She felt she had to go after the owner for 'pain and suffering' as woman had a scar on her arm but seemed to have no problem moving it, no sympathy and was just money hungry to me. Yet Judge Judy rewarded her additional money. I do believe this was the wrong decision. The plaintiff was bitten at the defendants place when she asked to go into the defendants house to use the least I would recognize that the dog owner was just being polite letting me use her washroom and leave things well alone after getting my medical bill covered. Please be responsible dog owners, if you know your dog is aggressive, don't invite people into your home even if you think you're being polite bc they ask to use your washroom. To those all too willing to kill an animal, recognize that animals are animals, they don't know how to be 'bad'. They just do what they feel they should to protect themselves. This eat or be eaten mentality is not only wrong, it is ignorant. An animal shouldn't have to pay for irresponsible behaviour on the part of the owner. To the plaintiff: you asked to go into the dog owner's home and she was polite enough to let you use the washroom. She did not bring her dog out without a leash, this pet was in the privacy of her own home and, again, she was doing you a favour. But a medical bill for a bite was not enough for you. She spoke about how hard it was to put down a family member and that your husband said that if she didn't 'take care' of the dog, he would. I am far more afraid of people like you and your husband than a dog starting to show signs of aggression.
  • Turned Off By Judge(mental) Judy

I once enjoyed Judge Judy. But the incident in her court with the puppy and lawsuit against her involving the China (specifically her remarks about how the woman should "get a job", which has nothing to do with whether or not something the woman already bought with her husband belongs to her or not.

Honestly, in American courtroom dramas, most of the judges seem to speak out against people on social security or disability. I believe this is because the public feels the need to vilify one specific social group to feel in control of a situation (the economic trouble we're face) they have no real control over.

The last good courtroom drama I've ever seen was "All Rise For Julian Clary".
  • Judge Judy may lose her cool, but she has to deal with people that have no common sense

I may not be a 100% die hard fan of Judge Judy, but it is the only show worth watching at 4 PM in my area (Spokane, WA), since Dr. Oz, The Doctors, and Steve Harvey are all on at the same time and Judge Judy is the only one worth watching. I think Judge Judy can be an actual b*** most of the time, but mostly because she has to deal with people that don't use common sense and come to the court room unprepared for the case. If you are prepared for the case and want action, then Judge Judy is for you. If not, then go to People's Court. Keep up the good work, Judge Judy! :)
  • Social Security Disability benefits do not a user make...

This is a review of the Mar 8 airing of the 41 and 18 year old women and JJ's comment that the 41 year old woman was living off the people/government because she was in receipt of Social Security disability. I worked determining eligibility for financial assistance programs for almost 30 years and I'm tired of the misconceptions concerning entitlements. Not only was it exhibited by JJ but I hear it frequently misrepresented by the media and our elected officials.

There are earned rights benefits and there are needs based benefits. Earned rights benefits are something that, as a recipient, you have paid into for the right to receive. Example: 1)Social Security benefits are received when an individual has contributed to our governments insurance plan through payroll deduction or self-employment contributions in order to have a certain amount of monthly income at retirement or (God forbid) disability or death before the age of retirement. This will allow for income to minor dependents as well. 2)Unemployment benefits and 3) Medicare would be other examples. These are not "welfare" and are not a needs based benefit.

Needs based benefits are what is received when an individual has met a certain asset or poverty level percentage income test. Examples of needs based benefits would be: 1)Supplemental Security Income benefits when an individual does not have a sufficient earnings history to qualify for a disability benefit or the Social Security earned rights benefit is so low a supplement can be added because the recipient meets the income/assets requirements. 2) Food Benefits 3) Aid to Dependent Children 4) Medicaid.

Just a thought here: Do we consider retirees a leech to society? I think not! Neither should we consider a person in receipt of Social Security Disability a "user" or someone who lives off the people/government as this lady was ignorantly and disrespectfully referred to by JJ. She paid in to the fund and met the requirements to draw a disability benefit before the age of retirement and met the disability requirements to draw a benefit. You also might note that disability benefits are not easily applied for or received. It more often than not results in multiple applications and/or appeals.

I believe JJ owes this woman an apology. Get educated and give her one.
  • Sad television

Judge I am really surpised your are not dead,You are the poorest Judge that has ever been you treat people like shit you defile them on TV You have no are nothing more than a big bully,I hope you get what you've got comming too you, you BITCH...