Judge Judy

Weekdays on Premiered Sep 16, 1996 In Season

Judge Judy Fan Reviews (149)

6.8
  • THE HUSBAND KNOWS BEST

Jerry Sheindlin said it best in People Magazine, 1999, in which he was quoted as saying, "She could be very nasty," when referring to his wife.

• RUDEST PERSON EVER

Judge Judy is the rudest person on TV. I don't know why anyone would have their case heard by her. She won't let anyone present any information without interruption. I believe she thinks she is some kind of supreme human simply because she is a judge and on TV. Unless you get a thrill by seeing this kind of behavior, don't bother watching. I know I would rather turn off the TV than give her show any of my time.
  • Don't understand ...

How Judge Judy can be so impossibly horrible, rude, disrespectful and belittling to people in her courtroom. She's an embarrassment, and Judge Wapner, a dignified gracious person who was the first judge on the show, said pretty much that once when asked about her. Have we as viewers sunk that much that we deserve her?

Judge Alex, for example, had a great sense of humor, listened to those before him, and seemed to apply the law in a much more even way. But, he's now off the air, sadly. Judge Marilyn Milan thankfully is still going strong, and she seems to actually listen to the litigants and only loses it when seriously pushed, unlike Judge Judy who does it for sport.

Why do so many people find it fun to watch people get bullied? And why the heck do people go on her show? I guess they do it so if they win they can collect, and if they lose they don't have to pay, but no $$ seems worth agreeing to be humiliated on national television by a sadistic judge.

I get that it's an entertainment show, but the times I watched her, I was left wondering what the story of the other side even was, because she wasn't giving them time to give a few more details. It would be nice as a viewer to be able to actually learn something, but not only did I sit through cringe-worthy disrespect and behavior, but learned nothing.

She decides who is lying and who isn't based on what makes sense to her, what decision she - or one of her kids/grandkids - would make in a given situation. But that ivory tower life experience is just not the same as many of the litigants before her.
  • Someone tell the judge how relative velocity works and make her watch some billiard balls collide at different speeds and angles

I generally like her and she makes sense, but when it comes to judging car crashes, she has no idea what she's doing. Being logical and right a lot does not make one a specialist in all aspects of life and, in this case, in classical mechanics. Frustrating to see people having to pay because of judge's lack of understanding in an area. She should ask for help from a specialist. Still, an entertaining show for the view into human nature and into how crappy real people can be. Amazing that all of them swear to tell the truth and nothing but the truth and then all pretenses drop...

Cheers!
  • judge joke judy

People this is a tv show all about ratings and dollars!a scam show at is not a legal court of law but then again there are no legal courts in the unnazi states of america!

• hateful

When she told a man she didn't care if his mother was

In hospice and died, how horrible. She must not have love

and lost.
  • Joke !!!!

If she were in a real court room she would go to jail !!!!! What an idiot !!! No wonder this country is going to hell !!!!!!!!! Can't Hollywood do any better ?
  • Judge Judy tells it like it is!

She wants FACTS not BS and it is a legal COURT so you need to come prepared to be on her is FAIR and she wants the many people clearly LIE when they get there she has seen the complaints and knows already who is lying then she reads body show is awesome and I think she is the best Judge on others think so too she is highest paid in Hollyweird..
  • She is a misandrist

Judy's comments to men, most of them at least, but sometimes she's OK, is that he is wrong, and, she is a feminazi and a misandrist. SHE DOES NOT LIKE MEN and any idiot can see this; she is the most disrespectful to them--most of the time. She puts words in the women's mouths (like we are too dumb to see what she is doing. They must be all female producers/directors on the TV, program. She makes 40M per year, and does not deserve it. She is unjust, abusive (mostly to men), rude, insulting and aggressive.
  • Judge Judy rocks!!

We have become a society that wants to blame others for our troubles. No one wants to accept responsibility for anything anymore. No doubt, that idiot in the White House is contributing a lot to it. Thank God we still have a few good ones like Judge Judy. Keep fighting, girl!
  • terrible judge

is a very rude person i'v never heard a judge talk to people the way she does,calling them liars, loosers,that is totally unacceptable,and to the one that said we are jealous,let me clue you in is a very mean,rude,degrating person,jealously no,disgust yes
  • The show is disappointing

1.5
    I used to like Judge. I could even say I have learned a thing or two about law. Lately however, I am disappointed. The show is becoming more and more like Jerry Springer show, except in this show, the Judge beats up on the litigants. If this show is getting ratings, it only shows how people are losing respect for other human beings.
  • Is she a judge?

2.5
    Judge Judy wait I don't even want to give you the title of a judge you acts as a damn fool. You are such a prejudice person i have never seen or heard or been around such a sick mean hateful person as you ARE YOU A JUDGE!
  • Judge Judy

Hi Judge Judy, I watch you on my TV in Canada. I am coming to Los Angeles. God Bless you.
  • On disability

after working for 37 years and suffering with bipolar disorder and being hospitalized twice, I applied for disability and have noticed you constantly berate people who are on disability. You have no idea what it is like to fight mental illness and people's opinions at the same time. Not everyone who is on disability is also a welfare cheat or looking to beat the system. Some of us need the help and would wish to be out of this situation if at all possible. Don't be so quick to judge Fitzgibbons
  • What is up with the bailiff

5.5
    Petri looks so bored and looks like he does not want to be there.
  • Rude, biased and unintelligent

I am one of the top mediators in the nation and have written law and lectured on the Constitution. Mrs. Sheinman uses language and acts rudely enough that in a real court she would be censured. To show this as a valid dispute settlement is an insult to real mediators and arbitrators.
  • Show is losing its professional legal status

When J Judy starts giving "Her America" POV she is no longer a judge but a TV personality looking to push her non-legal viewpoints. The courtroom, on TV or not, is for LEGAL interpretation and rulings not her opinion of "Her America" Save that for the editorial pages of Faux News.

Also appears that the Judge is cutting back on her court appearances There are way too many repeats of the same shows over and over again.
  • Jealous

I think all you haters are jealous of Judge Judy success and money. She is the best Judge on TV and has the best show on TV that's why she has almost 12 million viewers every single day. She says what we can't, what we are thinking and she is the best. That's why she gets paid 47 million a year to work five days a month. I would hate to be so jealous that I said mean things about a really nice woman. Watch her interviews her fans love her.... HATERS.....
  • raleigh boyz rule

some say its crazy to expect justice from a judge that says ummmm is not an answer, even when she gets proven wrong she is right because its her court room, I am amazed at some of the white trash that goes there to be rightfully humiliated, but look at the good side NOBODY LOSES, both sides get paid nicely or the loser get his debt paid by the station, $5000 is nothing when the producers are paying her millions
  • not a fan

I can't believe anyone would go before Judge Judy and let her demean and belittle them. She treats people like they are uneducated imbeciles. I don't know if she realizes that the reason she has a show is because of those individuals who present their cases before her. Judge Judy is one of the worst and most degrading show on television and she should be ashamed of herself for her behavior. It is her job to represent those who feel they have a case to be heard and whether she is the smartest person in the room or not she needs to treat others with the respect that she clearly feels she is entitled to. There are other shows like this on television and viewers should tune in to them rather than this side show. Not a fan and wont waste my time watching this horrible woman.
  • dog attack on dog, both leashed

I love her fairness and handling court and highly respect her ability to read people! I had a huge problem with this particular circumstances where both dogs were walking on leashes. The big dog was close tight with owner.. small Chihuahua was on a retractable leash and Allowed it to such a length that it approached the big dog to the tune of injuries surpassing $7000. The Chihuahua owner was awarded $5000 as is the courts cap. The chihuahua owner DID NOT HAVE CONTROL OF HIS DOG AND ALLOWED IT TO GO UP TO THE BIG DOG! THIS WAS WRONG! He should've had to pay his own vet bills for having the retractable TOO far out!! The lady with the big dog had her dog Right next to her! How is this her fault! I rarely disagree with judgements but when it comes to reading should consult Ceasar Milan. Those little dogs... I've owned many in my lifetime.... they THINK they are big and will approach and attack big dogs! Owners need to not let them have free reign of the entire area! The big dog owner couldn't do anything. Stupid Chihuahua owner allowing so much lead! He didn't have control! That's the issue!! HE Should pay! The big dog did instinctively what it should have! Defended it's space and owner!!!! NOW I WATCHED ANOTHER TODAY AND SHE DID THE RIGHT THING! NOT THE BIG DOGS FAULT AND SHE RECOGNIZED IT. PEOPLE WITH LITTLE DOGS NEED TO KEEP THEM CLOSE! I LOVED IT! JUSTICE!
  • Big Bully

Judge Judy is a disgrace!! She bullies and belittles the people on the show. She is the most arrogant person I have ever seen!!
  • If they keep her there because she's smart, they might want to let her go...

Although I watch the show a lot, my main complaint about Judge Judy is that she claims if something doesn't make sense, it's not true. While that might be true in a lot of cases, the majority of the people who come on her show are the very type of people who don't act with common sense, so it kind of negates her view. Another complaint is that when she makes up her mind one way or the other, it doesn't matter if her judgment is legally wrong or not, she rules the way she wants to. I just saw an episode where she asked the plaintiff if he was driving his car going the speed limit and a 3 year old darted out into the middle of the street and he killed the child, who would be responsible, him or the 3 year old? We all know the answer she was looking for, but sad to say it would be neither. Sorry Judge Judy, the true responsible party would be the negligent parent who wasn't supervising their 3 year old.
  • A comment about this Judge Judy Sheidlin

I don't know how this woman who said she was a judge for 16 years can get away with what she does on her show. She insults people even if they have the evidence. She doesn't care about the evidence. Maybe it is because it is a TV show, her show. However, these people think they are going to a real court but it is a sham. I only started watching it a few weeks ago and I have stopped watching it.

Lawyers and judges are probably shaking their heads with what she is getting away with on her show. That's about it, it is her show and she can do whatever she wants.

I hope BBB and Consumer Affairs will shut her show down and charge her in court. She makes millions insulting people.
  • sarcasm about people on disability

I am a big fan of Judge Judy but I take issue with her sarcasm regarding people on disability. As she says, she and Bert are footing the bills for people on disability. Disability is NOT WELFARE!! I have worked for 40+ years putting into Social Security and now that I'm disabled with a spinal fusion I don't appreciate her sarcasm as though I'm a slacker looking for a free ride. I admit I'm overly sensitive about being on disability, but it's for this very reason! Thanks
  • Judge Judy doesn't like men

Judge Judy doesn't like men on one show she said that she is still trying to decide what there good for .When it comes to men she always puts them down in one way or another. She gets very arrogant and nasty when things don't go her way. She loves to embarrass people and doesn't let them express their feelings. The only thing that's going for her is her memory she does not forget anything . I would call Judge Judy the Iron lady with the big mouth. The reason she doesn't retire is because she makes 45 million dollars , is anyone worth that kind of money ? She is all about getting paid .
  • Is she getting Senile?

I used to watch this show, but it has gone downhill. Judge Judy is making some bizarre decisions and is unable or unwilling to listen to what the plaintiffs and defendants have to say. Her arrogance and nastiness are unpleasant to listen to. If it really is a popular daytime show it can only be because in her time slot there is little to no choice.
  • Vial and PUKE DISGUSTING!

Google: JUDGE (JOKE) JUDY
  • Love Her

Of course most of you wanting the normal pity party and boohoo effect, thats whats wrong with the world today, we need more people like her, with a strong voice and able to tell it like it is........ everyone has a right but no responsibility..... thats why this world is going to shit because of whine bags who are so worried about being offended rather than hearing the truth of the matter lol go Judge Judy
ABC