Judge Judy

Weekdays on Premiered Sep 16, 1996 In Season

Judge Judy Fan Reviews (158)

6.8
  • Why Judge Judy is rude.

I've heard her before talk about making court as uncomfortable as possible. You're supposed to be smart and not ignorant of the laws when you screw over some one for rent, not paying back debts, loans, rent, pay... or your pitbull mauls someone or another animal.

Because she has this forum, she makes it clear if you decide to break the law, or not handle your responsibilities, or act the fool. ... Judge Judy is going to make it as uncomfortable as possible so you don't clog up the courts with moronic issues.

On top of that, after ruling over tens of thousands of inept people, she has a duty to tell them to straighten their ass's out.

If you don't want a judge being rude to you, take care of your responsibilities.
  • Ugly Attitude Pays Off

5.5
    People need to realize that Judge Judy is paid millions of dollars to be the Queen of Mean. Her ratings would go into the tank if she suddenly became polite, considerate, and totally fair. In other words, the opposite of what she is now. Nastiness pays, I'm sad to say. (Look at the big bully who's currently leading in the 2016 election polls - sorry, but it's true). I wouldn't want to be on her show, but if I were, I'd make sure that 1. I dressed appropriately for court 2. I had every single piece of documentation necessary and 3. I expected to win. Otherwise, fehgeddabouddit!! She'd be all over me like white on rice!
  • judge judy

1.5
    Why the hell is she banging always on her .... it's irritating!!! and unpolite! And you should learn how to listen wthout getting "MAD" all the times!
  • Vinegar vs Honey

I'm a court TV junky so I watch them all. (I favor People's Court, Judge Mathis, and Hot It's interesting to watch the different styles of the judges and the results of those differing styles. One thing about all of them that frustrates me often is when a case involved a tenancy.

Every judge, they always query why a tenant would stay somewhere they considered below standards, unlivable/intolerable, unsafe area, bad landlord, etc. Judges must forget (or come from a family with means and so can't relate) what it's like to be 'stuck' living somewhere unpleasant for varying reasons. They all seem to share the belief "Why didn't you move?" or "Why did you stay somewhere that made you unhappy? As if it's a simple matter, just pack up and move. Except it generally isn't

Moving is STRESSFUL. Very often you have to shell out money for first and last month's rent; at the least, a security deposit; often a non-refundable background tenancy check; usually a non-refundable pet fee and a monthly pet charge ~$25-$35/month.

Sometimes you have to pay a non-refundable rental application fee, a credit history fee. A charge to have the gas & electric, the water, garbage collection put back in the landlord's or the rental property organization's name. And then of course there's the cost of moving supplies--boxes, styrofoam peanuts, tape, hangers, plastic bags, etc.

Finally, the cost of renting a U-Haul (use of the truck, filling the gas tank) if you don't have family/friends to help you pack, move, unpack. And of course updating every one, every company, credit card companies, your bank, post office, etc. with your new information.

So no, it's rarely a matter so simple or inexpensive that one can "just (Particularly in major cities like NYC, Boston, Chicago, for Judges should keep that in mind.

But Judge Judy specifically? She most frustrates me when she cuts off the defendant or plaintiff as soon as they start to relay what someone else said. She immediately interrupts them, shuts them down on grounds of "heresay; not Drives me crazy, lol. Obviously no one can bring to court every single person who uttered anything related to a case. You cannot get affidavits from everyone when you've no idea who you might need them from (nor is everyone going to be willing to fill it out, have it signed in front of witnesses, then notarized).

Not to mention that context often matters a LOT. Many of the judges on the other shows aren't such sticklers on heresay, yet they pretty much arrive at the same conclusion, same points made, as on Judge Judy.

I doubt anyone expects all judges should be alike, in temperament or style, but is there anything wrong with showing a little compassion? Even empathy or sympathy? It's probably why Mathis and Millan are my favorites. Equal parts stern and caring, they never lose their humanity or compassion, even while ruling against someone.
  • Clever is becoming Nasty

I used to enjoy Judge Judy for her quick wit and cleverness. Now in the last year or so she is nasty much more often than clever. She is so rude to the participating parties that I wonder how anyone ever agrees to be on this show in the first place. She is cranky and unpleasant. Time to retire or clean up her act. I think if she just listened to a re-run of her voice ... she'd see immiediately what the problem is..
  • The apple doesn't fall far from the tree

It's ironic that Judge Judy's Son Adam Levy is under fire for prosecutorial misconduct. a legal expert from Pace University says "It's either incompetence and unprofessionalism or he {Levy, Judge Judy's son} is going out of his way to get this lawyer, to deliberately destroy this lawyer by charging him with these Sounds sorta like Judge Judy, don't you think?
  • EpisODE!

5.5
    Anyone - What's your favorite Judge Judy episode?!
  • Dismiss w/o prejudice

What is up with dismissing cases without prejudice and sending them back to the original court? I just watched 2 shows back to back where she did that. I tune in to watch her ajudicate the case. I'm disappointed.
  • The US Flag and Judys June 16th airing

Hello, not sure if your interested in this, was told by the Sun that you may. I was on Judge Judy and it aired the 16th. There was a few things needed to be said. One, the producers tried to get me to look money hungry to increase the amount I was suing for, I told them I didn't want to be outed and I was, I told them that my witness was a friend but they made it look as if she was my neighbor and she seen this guy cut down my flag pole. I told them that was a lie and I wasn't going to lie, that it would be a field day for Judy. When the shooting began, Judge Judy began her speal, it was the opposite of what they were to change the story line to and if I didnt agree, saying partner when I was going to say Room Mate, she would of said, room mate, it says partner here, which is it, room mate or partner, outed no matter and I wasn't going to give them that luxury of destroying me on national tv. Judge Judy, who always tells people not to assume anything, never tell her what others have said, but what you know, seen, though when she was delivering her wrath on me, she stated " One can assume with the amount of people living in that community, there would be angry people" assuming isn't a matter of law, One can assume that with my was with the ladies, I'm Henry the 8th, but one can assume.. She then goes into saying " I would be angry about that If I lived there" she is the judge, not the one testifying and there fore her opinion whether she would be angry puts me at risk since she is to be impractical to each and every case and she was angry that I flew my flag in a matter the disturbed her. Im thinking ratings and that 47 million dollar check by 2020 makes her do some wild and crazy things. Is it worthy?
  • THE HUSBAND KNOWS BEST

Jerry Sheindlin said it best in People Magazine, 1999, in which he was quoted as saying, "She could be very nasty," when referring to his wife.

• RUDEST PERSON EVER

Judge Judy is the rudest person on TV. I don't know why anyone would have their case heard by her. She won't let anyone present any information without interruption. I believe she thinks she is some kind of supreme human simply because she is a judge and on TV. Unless you get a thrill by seeing this kind of behavior, don't bother watching. I know I would rather turn off the TV than give her show any of my time.
  • Don't understand ...

How Judge Judy can be so impossibly horrible, rude, disrespectful and belittling to people in her courtroom. She's an embarrassment, and Judge Wapner, a dignified gracious person who was the first judge on the show, said pretty much that once when asked about her. Have we as viewers sunk that much that we deserve her?

Judge Alex, for example, had a great sense of humor, listened to those before him, and seemed to apply the law in a much more even way. But, he's now off the air, sadly. Judge Marilyn Milan thankfully is still going strong, and she seems to actually listen to the litigants and only loses it when seriously pushed, unlike Judge Judy who does it for sport.

Why do so many people find it fun to watch people get bullied? And why the heck do people go on her show? I guess they do it so if they win they can collect, and if they lose they don't have to pay, but no $$ seems worth agreeing to be humiliated on national television by a sadistic judge.

I get that it's an entertainment show, but the times I watched her, I was left wondering what the story of the other side even was, because she wasn't giving them time to give a few more details. It would be nice as a viewer to be able to actually learn something, but not only did I sit through cringe-worthy disrespect and behavior, but learned nothing.

She decides who is lying and who isn't based on what makes sense to her, what decision she - or one of her kids/grandkids - would make in a given situation. But that ivory tower life experience is just not the same as many of the litigants before her.
  • Someone tell the judge how relative velocity works and make her watch some billiard balls collide at different speeds and angles

I generally like her and she makes sense, but when it comes to judging car crashes, she has no idea what she's doing. Being logical and right a lot does not make one a specialist in all aspects of life and, in this case, in classical mechanics. Frustrating to see people having to pay because of judge's lack of understanding in an area. She should ask for help from a specialist. Still, an entertaining show for the view into human nature and into how crappy real people can be. Amazing that all of them swear to tell the truth and nothing but the truth and then all pretenses drop...

Cheers!
  • judge joke judy

People this is a tv show all about ratings and dollars!a scam show at is not a legal court of law but then again there are no legal courts in the unnazi states of america!

• hateful

When she told a man she didn't care if his mother was

In hospice and died, how horrible. She must not have love

and lost.
  • Joke !!!!

If she were in a real court room she would go to jail !!!!! What an idiot !!! No wonder this country is going to hell !!!!!!!!! Can't Hollywood do any better ?
  • Judge Judy tells it like it is!

She wants FACTS not BS and it is a legal COURT so you need to come prepared to be on her is FAIR and she wants the many people clearly LIE when they get there she has seen the complaints and knows already who is lying then she reads body show is awesome and I think she is the best Judge on others think so too she is highest paid in Hollyweird..
  • She is a misandrist

Judy's comments to men, most of them at least, but sometimes she's OK, is that he is wrong, and, she is a feminazi and a misandrist. SHE DOES NOT LIKE MEN and any idiot can see this; she is the most disrespectful to them--most of the time. She puts words in the women's mouths (like we are too dumb to see what she is doing. They must be all female producers/directors on the TV, program. She makes 40M per year, and does not deserve it. She is unjust, abusive (mostly to men), rude, insulting and aggressive.
  • Judge Judy rocks!!

We have become a society that wants to blame others for our troubles. No one wants to accept responsibility for anything anymore. No doubt, that idiot in the White House is contributing a lot to it. Thank God we still have a few good ones like Judge Judy. Keep fighting, girl!
  • terrible judge

is a very rude person i'v never heard a judge talk to people the way she does,calling them liars, loosers,that is totally unacceptable,and to the one that said we are jealous,let me clue you in is a very mean,rude,degrating person,jealously no,disgust yes
  • The show is disappointing

1.5
    I used to like Judge. I could even say I have learned a thing or two about law. Lately however, I am disappointed. The show is becoming more and more like Jerry Springer show, except in this show, the Judge beats up on the litigants. If this show is getting ratings, it only shows how people are losing respect for other human beings.
  • Is she a judge?

2.5
    Judge Judy wait I don't even want to give you the title of a judge you acts as a damn fool. You are such a prejudice person i have never seen or heard or been around such a sick mean hateful person as you ARE YOU A JUDGE!
  • Judge Judy

Hi Judge Judy, I watch you on my TV in Canada. I am coming to Los Angeles. God Bless you.
  • On disability

after working for 37 years and suffering with bipolar disorder and being hospitalized twice, I applied for disability and have noticed you constantly berate people who are on disability. You have no idea what it is like to fight mental illness and people's opinions at the same time. Not everyone who is on disability is also a welfare cheat or looking to beat the system. Some of us need the help and would wish to be out of this situation if at all possible. Don't be so quick to judge Fitzgibbons
  • What is up with the bailiff

5.5
    Petri looks so bored and looks like he does not want to be there.
  • Rude, biased and unintelligent

I am one of the top mediators in the nation and have written law and lectured on the Constitution. Mrs. Sheinman uses language and acts rudely enough that in a real court she would be censured. To show this as a valid dispute settlement is an insult to real mediators and arbitrators.
  • Show is losing its professional legal status

When J Judy starts giving "Her America" POV she is no longer a judge but a TV personality looking to push her non-legal viewpoints. The courtroom, on TV or not, is for LEGAL interpretation and rulings not her opinion of "Her America" Save that for the editorial pages of Faux News.

Also appears that the Judge is cutting back on her court appearances There are way too many repeats of the same shows over and over again.
  • Jealous

I think all you haters are jealous of Judge Judy success and money. She is the best Judge on TV and has the best show on TV that's why she has almost 12 million viewers every single day. She says what we can't, what we are thinking and she is the best. That's why she gets paid 47 million a year to work five days a month. I would hate to be so jealous that I said mean things about a really nice woman. Watch her interviews her fans love her.... HATERS.....
  • raleigh boyz rule

some say its crazy to expect justice from a judge that says ummmm is not an answer, even when she gets proven wrong she is right because its her court room, I am amazed at some of the white trash that goes there to be rightfully humiliated, but look at the good side NOBODY LOSES, both sides get paid nicely or the loser get his debt paid by the station, $5000 is nothing when the producers are paying her millions
  • not a fan

I can't believe anyone would go before Judge Judy and let her demean and belittle them. She treats people like they are uneducated imbeciles. I don't know if she realizes that the reason she has a show is because of those individuals who present their cases before her. Judge Judy is one of the worst and most degrading show on television and she should be ashamed of herself for her behavior. It is her job to represent those who feel they have a case to be heard and whether she is the smartest person in the room or not she needs to treat others with the respect that she clearly feels she is entitled to. There are other shows like this on television and viewers should tune in to them rather than this side show. Not a fan and wont waste my time watching this horrible woman.