Junk Raiders Forums

Monday 9:00 PM on Discovery ChannelIn Season

Why 30 days?

Hoeech

[1]Oct 12, 2009
    • level: 66

While I am very interested in seeing how this loft finally turns out (having been rebuilt with nothing more than salvaged and repurposed materials), I cannot figure out why a 30 day time limit has been imposed. The job would take roughly that long if the construction crew had full access to all of the materials they needed from a local renovation supply store. In this project, they have to make do with whatever they can scrounge, which forces them to alter the work schedule on the fly as well as the designs for each room. Three to four months would seem to be a more realistic time frame for a project of this type.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Idbeolderifiwas

[2]Oct 21, 2009
    • level: 20
    It's simply for drama IMO. I think the owner guy was also seriously a pain cuz he was setting his sights too High for recycled materials, and wouldn't give them any more money.

Hoeech

[3]Oct 25, 2009
    • level: 66
    I get that... but given that it's a fairly revolutionary way of doing a major renovation, you'd think that a prototype experiment like this one would be given all the time it needs just to see if it can be done at all, to say nothing about doing it according to a timetable. Even if they had full access to a reno supply store and all the new materials they needed, one month is still a tight schedule.

maritimer00

[4]Mar 25, 2010
    • level: 71
    I think the tight timeline was done for several reasons:

1) Ratchet up the stress for the work to be completed..nothing says compelling tv like a finite time line.
    2) The people involved may have been committed to work on other jobs elsewhere in Ontario. These are people who do this for a living so its not impossible that these thirty days may have been the best fit for everyone involved.
    3) This was the first season and I imagine this was kinda of a test run, in some ways. I'm not sure all aspects worked in it but we'll see if it gets greenlit for a second season.