Just For Laughs Forums

Sunday 7:00 PM on ABCIn Season

Turn down the damn music!

MasterMoron

[1]Jul 21, 2007
    • level: 2

Do these people have any idea how to make a hidden camera show? The whole point of a hidden camera show is to witness people's reactions. But, on this show they play corny music over the dialogue so you can't even hear their reaction to the pranks. I shut this off after aboutfifteen minutes. Whoever is responsible for the sound editing on this show should be fired.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

meh214

[2]Jul 24, 2007
    • level: 6
    I agree...I think the point of the show is to have the gestures tell you what's going on (like a silent movie, I guess) and play the music with the gestures, but for me, a lot of what makes this kind of show funny is the dialogue! It would be a lot better if they included the dialogue, although the kinds of gags they do don't seem that hysterical anyway.

CURLYHURLEY

[3]Jul 25, 2007
    • level: 25
    I would enjoy it better if I could hear it, I think everyone would.

MasterMoron

[4]Jul 25, 2007
    According to some posters on imdb, the reason there is no dialogue is because the show was recorded in Canada and a lot of the people being pranked speak French. I guess they think the audience is too dumb to read subtitles. I'd think even the most ardent hater of subtitles would prefer reading subtitles to listening to that awful music.

LuvHurley

[5]Sep 7, 2007
    • level: 4

MasterMoron wrote:
    According to some posters on imdb, the reason there is no dialogue is because the show was recorded in Canada and a lot of the people being pranked speak French. I guess they think the audience is too dumb to read subtitles. I'd think even the most ardent hater of subtitles would prefer reading subtitles to listening to that awful music.

its a diffrent language plus if we read subtitles we couldn't see the look on there face! which often the most funny part!

kdtfiles

[6]Sep 20, 2007
    • level: 23
    CURLYHURLEY wrote:
    I would enjoy it better if I could hear it, I think everyone would.
    Same here.

And if it is a case that the people talk French, a few time you can hear them, than what is wrong with dubing it over in English, they do it with movies all the time.

vaneetra

[7]Mar 19, 2008
    • level: 7

I totally agree with all of you.

kazandrew

[8]May 29, 2009

It is filmed/taped in the Province of Quebec,Canada where many people speak French.It is corny music but we all get the gist of it.I think it is very funny.I don't mind the music,at least they try to get the right piece of music with the prank pulled.

KingofIPirates

[9]Sep 23, 2009
    • level: 32
    kazandrew wrote:

It is filmed/taped in the Province of Quebec,Canada where many people speak French.It is corny music but we all get the gist of it.I think it is very funny.I don't mind the music,at least they try to get the right piece of music with the prank pulled.

Yeah the gestures are obvious enough for you to be able to understand even without the sound and they still manage to pull off the comedy despite that.