Just Legal

The WB (ended 2006)

Just Legal Fan Reviews (36)

• Can't believe the show was cut short!!!!

: : : Can't believe the show was cut short! ! ! ! : : :

I saw this show becoming equally as popular as James Woods "Shark", and Will Shatners "Boston Legal"

Good Charaters, nice plots, funny twists.

And Don Johnson was just starting to flesh out his charater, it had the essence of John Grisham's RainMaker. I would love to See Don come back do a new miami vice, but this time be the lieutenant in charge. A Guy who has seen it all already and has walked the line, maybe washed out alittle, and now has to get back in the saddle. My guess it wasn't politically correct for that town at that time.

. . . . . . TV Networks make you sick ! ! . . . . . . .
  • This show was killed by the murderous network idiots who failed to recognize superior programming. Don Johnson is funny and believable in the role of Grant.

Writer Johnathan Shapiro is fantastic. The show displays a human side, complete with error and mystery. Every time we achieve a viewing pleasure some net work moron decides our viewing fate. We are left pay television or the likes of The Office and/or Scrubs to entertain us through the night. Shapiro gives the viewer a surreal look at the legal system and the attorneys that practice law. The office setting is priceless. The honest truth of many law offices that are run down, old, and many are above store fronts. In truth many attorneys don't have a vast office with lavish furnishings, nor do they have a endless supply of paralegals, secretaries or receptionists. Quality programming should include the show "Just Legal" for viewers.
  • Tonight was different, we are guessing that Cooper will be mentoring the female lawyer who is always trying to steal Skip away. She is not popular for that, but tonight showed another side of her, she needs Coop and Skips help in the court room.

Please put this on DVD. The show tonight was excellent again. Tonight really got us involved in there future, now we are guessing at what will happen down the road. I hate waiting months for the show to come back on. character on the show tonight showed us that perhapes we will have some wild shows coming up. This has got to be the top lawyer show yet. It is even more enteraining than Law and Order. Congratulations are in order. we are all hoping to see you soon, next week being the end for the season. Short season are not great.
  • Just legal

Great show me and my husband both enjoyed this show and we just found it it was cancelled. The acting was wonderful and it showed alot of promise. Show was funny and dramatic a good combination. WB should reconsider bringing back this great show and give it a chance!!!! BRING IT BACK
  • Don Jouhnson show always hold interest. Coupled with timely context, this show shows great promise.

The writing and story for this episode was very good. Furthermore, the story in context to current events is relent social commentary. I will definitely watch this show again. Accordingly, I have set the show up in my DVR for future recording. Is it possible to find a better time for the show?

Execution-wise, I think the show's continuing supporting actors should relax a bit ... but they show promise. In this particular story of the rape of a young Muslim woman, the casting was solid. The rape victim was believable as were the perpetrator and his parents. Opposing council could have been a bit less trite. Don Johnson is always a strong character. Hisa personality and presence alone make it a show of interest to me.
  • Great acting, good potential, got stronger with each episode... BRING IT BACK! You will have a classic that can be sold to another network for reruns... Where is your head and business, WB?

Great acting, good potential, got stronger with each episode. Producers must be frustrated that such a creative mix of drama, zaniness and levity was not comprehended and appreciated by short sighted network execs. So we go down the road of enterprise, except we won't see episodes of Just Legal in reruns.
  • heard it, read it seen it all before

0.0
    This show was boring, oversimplified and full of cliches.

The young, socially isolated, "maveric" young man helps an old, embittered, once-great older man. BLECH. Please...it's been done before...and much better.

The two lead actors did absolutely nothing for me. The younger one did a good job of appearing ugly and nervous while I did not recognise the older actor (though according to other reviews he is quite famous...so in my defence about that I live in Australia, so therefore do not get many of the shows that you in America do...my friend downloaded this for us to watch).

While I realise appearance isn't everything (especially when you are trying to highlight your characters isolation) is it really that neccesary to have someone so unattractive as a lead?

I had no emotional connection to the family of the younger lead-there was very little chemistry between those actors.

I cannot say I am sory this has been canceled.
  • Great concept that should appeal to different age groups and cultures. From the geeks to the rebels, this show has something of interest, while being entertaining and informative.

Sorry to see this show cancelled. The characters were just starting to be developed to the point where you start to care or dislike them. Thats what brings people back to watch the show, and why I think WB made a HUGE mistake not letting this show develop. I already had it on my TIVO "Season Pass", and began telling people about it. I think at some point, someone at one of the networks will pick this up, unless WB rethinks it and puts it back on the air. At least I hope so... let there be proof there is still intelligent life out there somewhere.
  • Every monday is not the same not without this show, and it was perfect after 7th heaven.

This show was just great, the chemistry was ideal between them... and don Johnson was incredible, he looked rejuvenated. I was looking forward to watching it.... what are they thinking?! they should reconsiderate and bring the show back, a show of this caliber shouldn't be cancelled without a real shot.
  • This is a great show. I was so dissapointed that they had taken it off the air. What are they thinking? Don Johnson is terrific and the concept of the show was great. Take off some of the reality shows and bring this back. I really miss it.

Fantastic and sad to see it gone. Great storylines and the acting was terrific. Don Johnson was great as usual. The chemistry between the two guys was great. Why didn't the network give it a fair try. They didn't get alot of advertising on TV to promote it. I hope they bring it back for another chance.
  • this is an awsum show, full of fun and drama, I can't believe it's not on any more, someone isn't listening to the right people.

Don Johnson is great in this show adn what a fine blend with the young lawyer, I can't remember his name. the show was one we looked forward to each week, then it was gone. The powers to be should reconsider, if they reed this, they are messing with a show that was just good. No garbage, no sex, just a good show that all could watch. We don't have enough family shows these days adn they always seem to take them off too soon. Good show, good story line, fun people adn will trully be missed. Please put it back on. Thanks
  • BRING THIS SHOW BACK! This show got so much better evry episode and those fools in WB cacel it without giving it a chance to catch more viewers they should have at least advertise it better!.

just gets better evry episode
    you have got to bring it back!
    first you are so lucky to have Donnie Johnson
    in your show he is such an amazing actor and if you cant make a succeful show with him then something is wrong WITH YOU.

this show is so great it makes you be serious
    in times and laugh your ass off at other times.

BRING THIS SHOW BACK!
  • SAVE JUST LEGAL !

I think this show needs to be put back on the air. It is a great show with great performances from the actors that play on it. So, it is not about sex 24/7. We have enough of those shows. Doesn't anyone ever get tired of shows like that. This show deals with real issues and things that really go on in the legal system, well for the most part anyway. So, it did not start out on a good foot, give it a chance WB, I think the show deserves it !
  • Not Surprised

6.4
    I’m not terribly surprised that this show got cancelled. Since the show aired on the WB, there was a 99.99% chance that they’d win every case. Then as the series progressed, the young, bright-eyed, bushytailed lawyer would teach the cynical Don Johnson to believe in himself again. A character driven instead of case driven Jerry Bruckheimer show? Or hey, a Jerry Bruckheimer show that didn’t involve the CSI in the title?
  • Another really good show axed by network idiots who prematurely threw the baby out with the bathwater.

Unfortunately the WB cancelled Just Legal too early in the game. This show had a good premise and Don Johnson was, as usual, performing way above the par of most TV actors. If the lead-in audience of 18-34 yr olds didn't stay with it, I'd blame that on Jay Baruchel. Brainiacs can be sexy in their naivete, but Baruchel always looked like he was on the verge of throwing up from nervousness. Not an attractive interpretation of the character or maybe that's just his persona, but it made me uneasy watching him emote as I imagined "stuff" gurgling in his throat and saliva accumulating on his lips. In spite of this, the show had a lot going for it. All in all the show was probably better suited for the 35-49 age group. Maybe another network will pick it up.
  • This was a buddy Dramady that never really got off the ground. This is a shame, too. It could have been the best show of the year in 1988. Too bad it wasn't released until 2005.

Don Johnson has had his day in the sun. In this show, he was working off of previous fame and glory. His character was not as intense as Crockett or as lovable as Bridges. He was a recovering drunk that could have been great.
    The true shame on the show is Jay Baruchel didn't get a chance to strut his stuff more. He outshined Johnson with his earnestness and his desire to achieve.
    The show was almost too sweet for 2005. Had it been released earlier, it would have made a great companion piece to Murder She Wrote. Too bad that Baruchel would have been about 5 when that was out.
  • Great show! I love it already.

Uniquely refreshing show. It is a fabulous alternative to the typical programming on TV. It is not trashy and that sure is nice. I love the plot and the characters. Stop the AX and give us back this fantastic show. This is the kind of show average Americans can relate to. It also has a great moral message as well! I give it a 10!
  • Bring back "Just Legal"! My husband and I look forward to watching it every Monday night and after three shows, it is now gone!!! You can imagine our disappointment when another show was put in it's place.

The newspaper TV guide still carries it as a Monday night show. Why don't you?? You didn't even give it a chance for viewers to watch. Jerry Bruckheimer produces terrific shows and this is definitely one of them. Trust in the producer and wonderful cast members to make the show work...put it back on TV!!! Increase the show's promos so people know when to watch it. Listen to your viewers and respond positively to this request. Don Johnson is a natural in this role and Jay is superb.
  • great, intense, i am at a loss for words to explain just how into this show i am......

Bring it back....I can't wait....Each and every one of the actors / actresses puts on an outstanding performance..It's a wonderful show alredy having proved it's potential. I'll be checking the listings...If anyone knows what they're doing at this station, they'll bring it back A.S.A.P. Best Monday show on T.V...GIVE ME MORE!!
  • What a great come back for Don Johnson. We love it and want more episodes. With all of the garbage shows out there, I hope this one is back soon.

Bring it back! Bring it back!!
    Who in the world decided to cancel this show and leave the rest of the crap on - I would personally like to tell them that they need their head examined. My husband and I looked forward each week to see what drama Don Johnson would get himself into. This is his greatest role since Miami Vice. Bring it back!!!
  • I very much enjoyed Just Legal. I just think it may have a bad time spot. While I watched this show I also recorded Los Vegas on NBC which is also a good show. The show Two and A Half Men is also on at the same time.

The characters work very well together and the plots have been interesting. I will continue to check the listings to see when it will return. I think it would do very well on another night although I will watch it on whatever night it is put back on. It seems every time I find a show that I enjoy, it goes away.
  • I really enjoy this show. Stop the ax! I saw 3 episodes and thought it was great. How could a decision be made so quickly. Don Johnson is the bomb. No way he would be in a stinker. Someone at the top just has lost touch with real people. Stop

Please give it a chance. There is not a whole lot I ever watch on TV. Guess I have gotten in a rut. Work and then home. Checking in on elderly Mom. And trying to take of injured husband. This is one of only a few things I like to do. Watch Just Legal
  • Bad, Bad Bad!!!!!

1.2
    This was the worst show ever! Only had on 3 episodes and it was just boring. I mean, everyone who watched 7th Heaven right before would just change the channel once Just Legal came on... that\'s kinda sad. I just thought it wasn\'t funny enough. They need to use that space for a good show, that can follow a good show like 7th Heaven and keep up the ratings!!!
  • show is great each epesode beter then the one before.I love the good vibe the show gives off it more down to earth and realistic the only show i ever watched on wb and proberly the last heve no tast and i don't need to watch there show

brank it back . it is as simple then that.give it a chance and it will be a hit for sure.i have no dought. i talked to ppl every were and they loved it and want to se more as well as me. i am hooked the best show wb has ever made. ther chance to get great ratings. they need to stick to just legal and they would have a winner
  • This show was excellent. What is wrong with the network? We are not a Channel 5 (KTLA) watcher, but we enjoyed and looked forward to watching Just Legal. You mad a big mistake, bring Just Legal back.

This show was excellent. We enjoyed all of the characters, and the plot. The acting was very good, and having a 18 year old passing the bar and becoming a lawyer, showing the difficult time he had finding a position and being excepted is a great story line. You MADE a big mistake, bring Just Legal back. We never watched Channel 5 (KTLA) before, If you don\'t bring Just Legal back, we will not be back also.
  • I Can't believe you would cancel this show, it's a great show that is enjoyable for all ages. Give people a chance to see it and know it's on. Don't you know Jerry Bruckheimer doesn't make a bad show!!!!!!!!!!!

Just Legal is a GREAT TV show, and has a Great cast. I couldn't wait to see the next show and there was none. What's the deal with that???? Don't you know that Jerry Bruckheimer doesn't make a bad show!!! They are all in the top 10. Don't make this "case dismissed" or your decision will be overruled. Bring back Just Legal!!!
  • WHY WOULD YOU CANCEL ONE OF THE BEST SHOWS ON TV?

why would you remove one of the best new shows this season from the lineup? well written, well acted and refreshing to watch. please bring it back only airing three episodes hardly gives the audience even a chance to find the show networks are so quick to cancel a new show before it is able to find its niche
  • I loved this show - why do stations continually put shows on for 2 episodes get people to like them then cancel them. I am very disappointed that this show was cancelled Now Monday has nothing on.

This was a great show about old and young. And the young bringing life back into the old lawyer with some fight in the court room. As the older lawyer was just coming to life and remembering what it was like to be a young lawyer. this series was cancelled so now we will never know. I was very very disappointed to see this show cancelled.
  • My mom would have watched this show! But doesn't watch WB, like most non-teenage mothers.

If I was producing this show, I wouldn't have sold rights to WB, wrong demographic.

I swear how does a show like Hawaii get green lighted on a major network, but CBS doesn't go after don-johnson, CBS usually likes washed up stars trying to comeback.
  • Has been Canceled!