Just Shoot Me! Forums

NBC (ended 2003)

"Just Shoot Me" VS "Friends".... Please answer!

DaUniQue_1

[1]Sep 12, 2007
    • level: 1

Under-rated "Just Shoot Me!" VS popular sitcom "Friends". Was Friends really that much better than Just Shoot Me?

I never really watched Friends. I think I watched maybe two or so episodes of Friends several years ago and I didn't grow attached to their style of humor at all, so I immediately stopped watching after that and refused to give the show another chance. On the other hand, I one day start to watch one episode of Just Shoot Me and I immediately get hooked. I've watched just about every Just Shoot Me episode and love this show and I feel it is perhaps the best sitcom of all time IMO. I personally feel Just Shoot Me is way WAY under-rated and I never really understood all the hype about Friends. Altho I don't think it would be fair for me to say that Just Shoot Me is far better than Friends because I never really watched Friends, so I'm really just judging Friends by the two horrible episodes that I did watch. Can someone who has watched both shows give me an honest opinion of which show is better? Everytime I ask anyone they always yell the astounding answer "FRIENDS!", but then I come to find they haven't even watched a single episode of Just Shoot Me! That is why I am asking for an opinion from someone who has watched and liked both shows. Can you all please discuss which show was better? Only opinions from people that have avidly watched BOTH shows please. Thank you!

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Izanami-no-kami

[2]Sep 27, 2007
    • level: 11
    just shoot me friends sucks

Ric4eva

[3]Oct 4, 2007
    • level: 4
    I am a really big friends fan and as I have only just started watching Just Shoot Me in the mornings (I didn't know it existed until last week!) I can't really say anything at the moment i'd have to choose friends!xxxxxxx

NeverTheSame91

[4]Nov 5, 2007
    • level: 8
    I am an avid watcher and fan of both Friends and Just Shoot Me. I own all the DVD's of Friends and Just Shoot Me. I believe I am capable of answering your question. I think Friends is a bit better. But Just Shoot Me is good too. So in the end, I vote Friends because it is funnier for me. But Just Shoot Me comes as a close second.

lca8

[5]Dec 8, 2007
    • level: 2

I MUST SAY YOU HAVRE TO WATCH FRIENDS I LOVE BOTH SHOWS . I WAS SORRYTHEY BOTH WENT OF BUT TTHEY ARE BOTH IN RERUNS AND NOW JUST SHOOT ME WILL BE ON NICK@NITE YESSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'M SO GLAD I WATCH IT OB TBS AT 2;00 IN THE AFTERNOON BUT BACK TO FRIENDS YOU NEED TO GIVE IT A CHANCE THEY WILL HAVE YOU LAUGHING SO IT'S HARD FOR ME TO PICK THEY BOTH ARE VERY GOOD TAKE IT FROM SOMEONE WHO WATCHED EVERY SHOW OG EACH ONE YES!! IHAVE SEEN BOTH AND YES I STILL WATCH BOTH SO GIVE IT A CHANCE AND WHEN YOU GET TIME WATCH SIOME MORE OG JUST SHOOT ME THAT DENNIS FINCH IS SOFUNNY ESPECIALLY WHEN HE DO THE ROBOT [HA-HA]

lca8

[6]Dec 8, 2007
    • level: 2
    HEY CUTE I MUST AMITT YOU'R RIGHT BOTH ARE GOOD.

Fugabutacus

[7]Jan 6, 2008
    • level: 10
    Friends is amazing and I love it, it's that thing that I watch the repeats every day and never get tired of it, but Just Shoot Me was the thing where I saw one episode and though 'Wow I have to buy these DVDs'.

TieDyeDreamer16

[8]Feb 28, 2008
    • level: 9
    personally, i back Just Shoot Me up 100%, friends sucks

izripzone

[9]Mar 3, 2008
    • level: 1
    I have watched all the episodes of both friends and Just Shoot Me and my favorite is Just Shoot Me. Both shows are well written but I really connect with the cast and humor of Just Shoot Me.

jxsilicon9

[10]Mar 19, 2008
    • level: 10
    Friends is a terrible show. I tried to watch that show and figured out why its popular. Its generic and very simple. Nothing is required but cheering for every pathetic joke whenever signaled by the laugh track.

Boozy2shoe

[12]Jun 12, 2008
    • level: 21
    I absolutely love Friends, it is my alltime favorite show. However, I would never call it the best show ever. (Ahem, Seinfeld) I used to watch Just Shoot Me a long time ago. I don't remember why I stopped watching, but alas, I did. I've recently starting watching the reruns on TBS, and it has become the highlight of my day. I'm now absolutely obsessed with this show. I had totally forgotten how funny it was. I don't think it will ever top Friends in my opinion, just because I have watched friends Forever. But I think they are both very high quality shows, and are both terrific sitcoms. [/QUOTE]

fosterscheese

[13]Jul 11, 2008
    • level: 25
    I love both shows, but I think Friends is better. I mean, Just Shoot me is funny, but Friends is... Friends! So, I'd have to go with Friends. I think only Married... with Children is better than friends.

eimajamie

[14]Sep 13, 2008
    Friends is funny in a different way IMO, and so I'm going to have to go with Friends, even though I like both shows

2BPowerRanger

[15]Oct 22, 2008
    I have seen both show, and love them both, but I must say, Friends is a tiny bit better, but that's cuz they have more to work with