Just Shoot Me!

Slow Donnie

Aired Wednesday 9:00 PM Jan 05, 1999 on NBC

• This was the episode with "chicken pot pie" coming from special Donnie, genius writing.

This was one of the best episodes, I agree with the other review that the line "chicken pot, chicken pot, chicken pot pie" in the voice that Donnie did was hilarious, I still remember it to this day and have had much fun with co-workers drawing it out during meetings and trying to watch them hold back their laughter. I wish I could share this episode with younger folks so they could see how a simple saying can be so lasting if in the right context and show. It was amazing how the writers and the actor knew exactly how to deliver the material.
  • One of the best episodes of all time

I was never a huge fan of "Just Shoot Me" , But this particular episode was absolutely hilarious. Finch and Jack can't figure out how the old style message delivery system works that they discover buried in the walls. Nina, with all the birds in her office. And of course David Cross playing Elliot's "SLOW" brother Donnie was just a scream. As part of Donnie's "SLOW" act he would repeat the phrase "Chicken Pot Chicken pot Chicken pot pie" and every time it brings me to tears.