Justice League Unlimited

A Better World (1)

Aired Saturday 10:30 PM Nov 01, 2003 on Cartoon Network

• The Justice League encounter alternate versions of themselves who have taken a different path than themselves.

Watching this the first time I was totally sucked in for the first 5 minutes. I was wondering "What happened to the Justice League?" I can't believe it has come to this. But when they talked about the Flash being gone I knew this had to be some alternate reality.

Most of this episode just helps us to get to know the Justice Lords. I completely buy the reasoning offered by GL about why they did it. You almost empathize with their moral dilemma.

I also like the way it adds another aspect to the GL, Hawkgirl romance interest. Hawkgirl - "Do you sleep better now?" GL - "You know I do."
  • The Justice Lords, an alternate version of the Justice League from another dimension, have capture their counterparts and plan to bring their own brand of justice to this Earth.

The Justice Lords, an alternate version of the Justice League from another dimension, have capture their counterparts and plan to bring their own brand of justice to this Earth. “A Better World” is certainly one of the best episodes of the series. The episode storyline is creative and well structured. The writers have definitely put a lot of effort in this episode. The opening scene is outstanding. Superman crosses the line by killing a mad President Luthor and actually feeling good towards his actions. The Justice Lords aren’t villains but value more safety and order than democracy. The Justice Lords have assumed total control of the Earth and are willing to kill to ensure order. The episode shows some advantages and drawbacks of such a society. The episode features some great dialogue and some very interesting moments. The Justice Lords’ costumes looked quite striking. The episode also includes the appearance of the DC villain Doomsday. The battle between the Justice Lords and Doomsday was great. The AU Superman delivers the final blow by using his heat vision to lobotomize the unstoppable brute. I never saw that coming.
  • One of the best...

This has got to be one of the best epsidoes of the entire series. At the first when superman kills lex luthor I was so surprised. Then it turns out that they aren't even the justice league but the justice lords. They are in a different dimension and they see the justice league and do not like what they are doing so they travel to that dimension and get them but they hold them prisoner. the justice lords' flash is dead so that is why they are evil. The Lords takes the leagues place and basically almost kill this other guy, so lex luthor sees them on the news and knows it isn't the League. Whoever thought up the idea for this epsode is truely genius. I give this a 10 out of 10. Later...
  • One Word can sumerise this episode: Great.

this episode is exactly why I watch the series. Exelent plot. Great storyline and great way to enter the sadmus arc for season four. The episode had it all. Action, Drama, and made you jump when you saw Superman kill Lex. Character development on the members. Stan Berowits gave the episode what it needs. Flash played a big part in the story because he was the last peice in each Lord's costume. I was scared the day I watched Superman say "I've done alot of things I thought I wouldn't do these feq years, One more won't hurt." I ran behind the couch. I thought it was all over. The League would never have to deal with them again. But, they did. See season four.

I rate this episode 9.7 out of Ten.