Justice League Unlimited

A Better World (2)

Aired Saturday 10:30 PM Nov 01, 2003 on Cartoon Network

• The Justice League go head to head with the Justice Lords.

This episode embodies what is so great about the original Justice League series. By now all of the characters are well developed, both in personality and in relationships. I like the whole Batman vs. Batman scene in the Batcave, again justifying their reasons for taking over.

The only thing I didn't like about it was that several questions went unanswered.

1. What happened to the Justice Lords after their defeat?
    2. What did they think the Justice Leaguers were going to think about their changes? I mean, Batman said that someday you'll thank us for this. Did they think they could convince the League that they were right?
    3. Basically they are the same characters as the League. Why would they kill their own counterparts? They had the same goals, just different means of obtaining them.

That being said, I still think this was one of the best JL episodes that was made. I also love the way Timm retconned the creation of Cadmus as a result of these episodes.