Justice League Unlimited

Alive! (1)

Aired Saturday 10:30 PM May 06, 2006 on Cartoon Network

• A fitting tribute to villiany in the DCAU. If you love what the bad guys have to offer (and who doesn't), then you're gonna love this one.

I've always had a warm place in my heart for the Lex Luthor character. He does epitomize everything a villian should be - pompous, cunning, driven, fierce, cruel, indifferent, manipulative - I could just keep going on and on. Yet, at the beginning of the episode, I found myself saying "Luthor again! They are really overutilizing him." He has appeared in each Justice League season at least once and has been a central chracter in the story arcs created over the last two seasons. But as I continued to watch this episode, my disappointment just turned to utter joy. At one point I found myself actually rooting Grod and company on - it truly revitalized all those negative feelings I had for Luthor. And the ending - priceless! Who'd a thunk it! Just when I was getting myself resigned to the fact that the JLU was coming to a close, they went and teased us with a gem like this!

TO Bruce Timm, Paul Dini and the rest:

If you can hear me out there, please don't let it end like this. You've got to keep this going some how some way. Consider doing DVD movie releases or perhaps a whole new series where they all return to individual status.

I can't wait to see the final episode.

Thanks again for all you've done and for all you will do.