Justice League Unlimited

Ancient History

Aired Saturday 10:30 PM Apr 29, 2006 on Cartoon Network

• This episode, while it had a good plot and the interaction of the characters is well written, the ending and unresolved plot leaves a lot to be desired.

I am a big fan of Shayera and John together. I can even say that I have enjoyed the triangle between them and vixen. Heck, i\'ll even say throwing in Carter Hall was a good twist. However, what i\'m having a great deal of trouble coming to terms with is the way the episode left everything unresolved. Honestly what is the meaning of doing this? When most people see a romantic triangle, complete with flashbacks and intricate twists in the plot, they tend to want to see some kind of resolution. Especially if there have been connections in previous episodes.

Okay, i\'m sure its pretty obvious where i\'m going with this. If not, I am referring to \"The once and Future Thing\" with Rex. I mean, I can understand that this is a possible look at the future, but come on! It would seem that all signs point to the Shayera and John side of the triangle, but then you come up with this bogus twist. Why oh why do you have to do this to us? :( Will this conflict ever be truly resolved? We it all come out in the wash at the end? This is something I would really like answered.