Justice League Unlimited

Comfort and Joy

Aired Saturday 10:30 PM Dec 13, 2003 on Cartoon Network

• Christmas episode!

Summary: The Justice Leaguers go their separate ways to celebrate the holiday season. After saving a distant planet, the League returns in time for Christmas. Clark and J'onn visit Smallville for a Kent family Christmas, Green Lantern and Hawkgirl have a snowball fight and visit an alien bar while comparing holiday traditions, and the Flash and Ultra-Humanite have a season's fight and are forced to ally together to save orphans' toys.

Thoughts: I'm such a sucker for these special holiday type episodes for every show. And that's the reason why I love this episode. Each Justice League member (besides Wonder Woman and Batman) do different things in the holiday season. My favorite part of this episode is what is included with J'onn in it. He lost his family, and his planet, and has nothing really to celebrate. And seeing him see what customs humans do was touching.

The thing that really gets to me, is how we don't get to see Wonder Woman and Batman do anything. I mean the other Leaguers did fine in this episode, but this should've been a whole team episode.

Either way, this goes down as one of the best holiday episodes ever seen on TV.