Justice League Unlimited

Comfort and Joy

Aired Saturday 10:30 PM Dec 13, 2003 on Cartoon Network

• The lighter side of the Justice League

This is my favorite episode of Justice League. It is nice to the Justice League have fun and not have to fight super villains that want to take over the world. My favorite part of Comfort and Joy is the Superman / J'onn J'onzz storyline. It was nice to see Superman act like a kid. We also learn that he believes in Santa Claus. The Flash looking for the toy sequence is funny because he finally says that fighting the Gorilla Grod was easier than finding the toy. There are probably several people who can relate to this while they were looking for the latest toy for their kids. In addition, we start to see the affection that Shayera Hol has for John Stewart. The whole snowball fight is funny with them taking it to the extreme of almost war-like. Then the fight in the bar ending with Shayera giving John a quick kiss. This episode brings to light the lighter side of the Justice League. It is comical to see the League act totally out of character and let themselves act like regular people rather than superheroes.