Justice League Unlimited

Dead Reckoning

Aired Saturday 10:30 PM Feb 18, 2006 on Cartoon Network

• Plot twists, surprises, lots of action, top shelf villians and a unique guest hero - all the ingredients that have made this series so enjoyable were present and accounted for in this episode. Sit back, relax and just enjoy it.

There were only two minor flaws with this episode:

1) There was plenty of room in this one to have more than just the big three involved in all the action (we did get a brief glimpse of Mr. Terrific in his new role).

2) It was hard to believe that Grod's big score was to turn everyone into Apes. If this was the real purpose in forming the Legion of Doom, then Luthor should have shot the writers involved with making this sequence of episodes. However, I don't think this is the case and I do believe this is all going someplace else.

Seeing both Devil Ray and Grod get blown away definitely gave this episode a deeper sense of gravity and finality than other mid-sequence episodes. Deadman's central role in this episode made the plot more unpredictable. The strong cast of supervillians made for lively action sequences that fit perfectly with the story line. It was fun to watch. I just hope that episodes like this just keep coming.

There is no doubt that this episode marks a turning point in this ongoing Legion of Doom sequence. With Luthor in charge, we know new direction is in store for both the Legion and the League. Once again the writers of this series have piqued my interest as I look forward to the next new episode.