Justice League Unlimited

Destroyer (2)

Aired Saturday 10:30 PM May 13, 2006 on Cartoon Network

• Sad to see it go...

But it went left on a high note. The show left a tear to my eye witht he ending credits. Follwing for some 14 years of elevotion from Batman:TAS - JLU was a great run. Thanks for the great shows guys. Let's just hope that the new series Legion of Super-Heroes can fill the void that's left with JLU.
  • I Hated This Episode With A Passion.

I thoroughly despise this episode for one reason, and one reason only, it is the Last One! (That\'s why I rated it with a Zero)

Otherwise, this was one of the finest episodes of this, or the previous incarnation, Justice League, I\\\'ve ever seen.

What made this episode so great were all the "little things" that went into it. For instance, Metron simply watching and then being challenged by Lex Luthor. Once again we see why Luthor is the greatest villain in comic book history. He convinces, or thinks he convinces, an alien of immeasurable power to help him defeat Darkseid. Then, when faced with "The Source Wall", and upon being told that only a "12th Level intelligence can even hope to survive", tells this being of immeasurable power, "Then I'm over-qualified."

Even one of the best lines was spoken by Luthor. "Sorry I'm late, I had to change into my power suit." And he was wearing a business suit at the time, which means that first and foremost, he treats everything as though it were a matter of business, which to him, it is.

Even his hatred of Superman is a matter of business for him. Until Superman came to Metropolis, he was the most powerful man in the city, possibly even the world, and everyone looked up to him as he was in the tallest building in the city. But now, here comes a man who is not only the supposed embodiment of all that is good and all that man can aspire to, here is a man who can fly and raise himself above the concerns of a businessman called Lex Luthor.

In Lex's eyes, that just won't do. And that is why Lex Luthor has tried to destroy Superman.

But enough of a history lesson.

This is to discuss the final episode of "Justice League Unlimited", and I said that I liked it. But more than that, as I said before, I liked the little things that occurred in the episode.

Like the "elderly man" on the Great Wall. I wondered, "Who is this guy? Is this some old hero I don't know about?" And then he turned in J'onn J'onzz, fantastic!

The bit with "Steel" (Not John Irons) throwing that shield. The first thing I thought of was "Oh look, just like Cap (Captain America, Marvel)."

And of course, we cannot leave out the end, where all of the heroes and heroines run down the stairs and towards the camera. Just beautiful!

All in all, a great job by all involved.
  • The Justice League and the Legion of Doom join forces to protect the world from a powerful enemy.

The Justice League and the Legion of Doom join forces to protect the world from a powerful enemy. If you’re hoping for an exciting and action-packed finale then you’ll be amazed with “Destroyer”. This episode knocks it out of the park. It’s incredible how the creators of the series managed to stuff so much action and thrills in one 22-minute episode. Seeing all those heroes and villains battling the endless hordes of invaders had cheering through out the episode. Superman unleashes all his might against Darkseid. I can’t talk about the fights without spoiling some great moments but I was totally surprised. Martian Manhunter returns after his leave of absence and makes one great entrance. He actually succeeds to come closer with humanity. The animation and voice work were outstanding. The ending was quite fun. Giganta kissing Flash was a nice touch. I didn’t see that coming. If you thought this season didn’t measure up with the previous then you don’t want to miss out on “Destroyer”.
  • What a great way to end the show! It was a great finale. Exactly why I watch the series.

Darkseid has come back with a vengeance and a mind with Superman as his target. Darkseid brings the armies of Apocalypse to destroy the Earth and all of Earth's super-powered. The end looks bleak but the world's salvation comes from an unexpected act of heroism-Lex Luthor. The Manhunter joins them finally and aids in the quest of fighting monsters. Together, all the heroes battle it out, especially Superman and Batman. In the end, Lex Luthor finds the Anti-Life Equation – an item Apocalypse truly desires with the help of Metron. Lex and Apocalypse vanish in the blink of light and into another dimension. This is the series finale! I miss the one of the greatest shows on Earth. I loved this show and this series forever. 100,000,000,000 out of 10 as 10 being the greatest show!
  • Ironic, superb, questions left to be answered, Answers to many of our questions! What an episode! Im going to miss it. Mr. Timm is an icon with what he has done with his work. We can only be so lucky if he creates something again for us.

First I would like to say, I hope one day I am in charge of a major or even average network. I do not care what money or sponsors it brings in.... I promise to give Bruce Timm whatever he wants as a timeslot to make more shows like he has given us. Destroyer was one of the best series finales ever watched! We now know Luther is beyond genius. Literally. We know who and where Martian Man was. Im going to miss it. At the end the good guys prevailed. Or did the bad guys prevail? I guess it all depends on your own take. And thats what made this episode so special. It will be known as a classic. I know personally for me I would do just about anything to find a follow up episode. The next day. Or even an episode strictly based on Luther, Darkside, Metron Man, and the universe. Point blank.... when is the last time you watched JLU and found yourself wanting to see the next episode without caring whether or not any of the League were involved?
    In closing, with Luther being over an intellect of 12. Could anyone match his mind? Could anyone possibly have survived the wall? Batman? No face consperiecy hero? Maybe? But we will never know. Thank you Bruce Timm. Thank you for all the years. We will wait patiently. Just promise to give us something sometime.
  • The final episode, the end of the Dini-Timm universe, 13 years after Batman: The Animated Series begins... and it was flawless.

I never wanted to see this series end, but they couldn't possibly have ended it any better. Every hero and villain on Earth unite to ward off Darkseid's invasion force from Apokalips. The Justice League and the Legion of Doom, side-by-side, fight off armies of Parademons, while Superman, Batman and Lex Luthor take the fight to Darkseid himself.

This episode was PERFECT. High action, wonderful writing, slightly funny and a great adrenaline rush. The Paul Dini/Bruce Timm universe began, with "Batman: The Animated Series," with one of the greatest superhero cartoons ever made. With "Justice League Unlimited," that universe fades out with THE BEST cartoon of all time.

I hate the Cartoon Network with the burning passion of a thousand suns. This show is off the air, but they keep making "Hi Hi Puffy Amiyumi?" The Justice League gets no justice at all.
  • How could they top last seasons big showdown with Brainthor? Somehow, they did it!

Thought to be deceased since the beginning of season 2, last episode saw Darkseid back with a vengeance. And now, in order to defeat the ultimate threat, the Justice League has to join forces with Lex Luthor's Legion of Doom. It's everyone, and I mean EVERYONE, vs. Darkseid and his forces in hands down the best television battle this decade.

I'm not spoiling what's happening, but you'll definitely want to cheer after the episode's ever, especially if you're a Superman fan. And Justice League/Unlimited has brought great entertainment since its debut in 2001. I'm going to miss it quite a bit.
  • A darn good action packed series finale that left me wanting more. Here is a series that went out while still on top of its game. Hopefully, it won't be the last we hear of the Justice League.

Like a true series finale, it tries to give every character a moment in the spotlight. Even the villians were given a moment of redemption. However, this one really boiled down to a showdown involving the leading men of the DCAU (Superman, Batman and Lex Luthor) pitted against Darkseid - the DCAU's very own version of the Prince of Darkness. The ending did not surprise me. I knew that the writers of this series would leave things open ended keeping alive the hope that the Justice League, in one form or another, would return to fight the never ending battle.
    The one part of the episode that's keeps echoing in my mind is the rant Superman goes into during his one on one with Darkseid: "I've never really been able to cut loose for fear of really damaging someone but you can take it big boy." I couldn't help but feel that maybe the writers were really talking to their audience. Let's face it, the current trend in DC Comics land is to be more violent, darker and certainly more "adult". Even though the original Justice League episodes (seasons 1 and 2) were written in a somewhat lighter vain, JLU introduced story arcs which dealt with much more complexity and forced the characters of the show to take on real personalities complete with doubt, righteousness, fear, anger, and on occasion even love. That's what made this series great. Not only did we have great action, we had great "interaction" that brought these animated characters to life.

Thanks again to the series creators. I hope you guys get back to work on something real soon.
  • I miss the justice leuge it was a great finale for this show its sad that they cancelled this show 6 month's ago sadly.

it's a great finale the Justice Leuge team up with the Leigon of Doom to defeat Darkseid but at the end Lex Luthor sacrifices himself to deafet Darkseid great finale it's sad to see this show end after 4 years I miss the Justice Leuge A good finale I miss this show I wish Cartoon Network could make more episodes but I think this show might go downhill if it was renewed just like with Dexter's Labrotary and Family Guy but this is action not comedy so no it wouldnt end of review.
  • An all out war has been brought to Earth in the Form of Darkseid. Now, to save the planet, the remaining villians have asked the Justice League Core 6 (MM still MIA) and the Unlimited members to help them contain Darkseid! An all out war with has begun!

Amazing and Sad at the same time. This episode showed why the series was Great. Bringing back the Core 7 for a final war. This is the biggest War Earth has faced since the Thanagarian Invasion of Season 2. Now, with the Unlimited League, Earth is able to save itself. The return of MM in this episode was a big unexpected twist, and a nice way to tie up that loose end from earlier in the season. My biggest complaint about this episode is that in some events of it, it seemed rushed. This episode would have done better as a 2 parter of just the battle, making the whole thing a 3 part finale. Unfortunatly that did not happen, but at least we did get this much. I was happy with the many twsits and turns, and in the end every one remaining true to their character (especially Batman and the comment about a gun).
  • Darkseid wants vengeance. Nuff said.

Now, I didn't really watch much of Superman or Batman TAS's, so I didn't really grow up on Timm/Dini. However, I still love and appreciate what they did with JLU. This was a fitting end to the greatest superhero show ever. Darkseid was the ultimate threat to the universe, Lex saved the world, Superman cut lose and J'onn J'onzz finally returned to the ranks of the League. Plus, we got to see some villains do some real fighting. We haven't seen stuff like that since last week. Well, this was the end of an era. May the next superhero show be at least half as good as Justice League Unlimited.
  • Superman's punch - DAMN!

Well, it's all over and I feel like a best friend's moved on. This episode was a nice nod to the whole series and the ending was staged very nicely. Notice how although the last heroes to come down the stairs were the original core of the League, the last shot was of Batman's chest emblem - simply because he was the first character to be animated by the production team!

All that aside, that punch was jaw-dropping! To see Supes let go with a punch so powerful it appeared to warp reality, send Darkseid through several buildings, then piledriving him into the ground was fantastic. That being said, nothing will ever top their first major fight in Supes' series Legacy episode - that one still reigns supreme!

On to Supergirl and the Legion!!
  • Too bad it's ending.

This was a great episode. The writer's pulled out all the plugs on this one. If you are a Superman fan this episode is for you. He "unleashes" all his potential, and that is all i'll say on that. This episode closes out well showing all the characters in the series, old and new. All i have to say is that you won't be dissapointed, until the end when you know it is all over. Hopefully they will realize their mistake and bring the show back. Two thumbs up for the episode from me. And a thousand thumbs up for the show/series.
  • Woah! Darkseid came back with a vengence.

To start things off, Luthor informs the JL that Darkseid is back and that he took Braniac away from him. I was wondering why Darkseid looked a little on the techno side. I guess his will was stronger than Braniac's virus like computer program.

Batman, Superman, and Luthor charge to Darkseid's flying fortress while the rest of the League has to deal with Darkseid's forces. I do have a complaint about Darkseid's forces. Why didn't use his elite forces such as the Female Furies? They should have been Darkseid's personal guard waiting for Superman. I guess the writers saw that if Darkseid sent all of his forces against earth then there would be no hope of the Justice League winning.

The battle with Superman and Darkseid was one of the most enjoyable I've ever seen. Superman didn't hold back anything in this battle! Had Darkseid hadn't surprised Superman with that electric rope thing, I forgot what it was called, then Superman would have probably killed Darkseid in cold blood. That itself is an interesting concept of Superman killing someone in cold blood.

Imagine Lex Luthor saving the day by showing Darkseid the anit-life equation. A rather odd ending but I guess it would have done for now. Darkseid having that kryptonite blade was kind of awesome though.

In a slightly comical ending, Batman suggests that the villains are given a five minute head start to get away. The most surprising part of this for me was Giganta kissing the Flash! Overall this was a very good episode!
  • Justice League ends on a rather different note than I had hoped.

First off, let me say that this was a pretty good episode in and of it's own, but this is the series finale and so I must treat it as such.

I have to tell you that as a series finale, this really didn't wrap much up at all, in fact it left more loose ends than the original series finale did (Epilogue) which weren't very many at all.

Okay, bringing Darksied back was pretty well done, but I preferred Brainiac/Lex being the final villain in "Divided We Fall."

As a matter of fact, the ending wasn't even much of an ending at all. We find that Darksied might still be alive after all that was done. (making the last five minutes of the show almost pointless) There was no reconciliation between John and Shayera whatsoever. And Superman stating that he has to constantly hold back when does anything was okay, but it opened a plethora of plotholes and various "why didn't you do this kind of thing sooner?" kinds of things.

There were some redeeming elements in this episode (which I will not post, because I don't want to spoil too much) But all in all, I think "Divided We Fall" and "Epilogue" made a better series finale.
  • One of the rare comic/cartoon shows that stayed true to the source material and built upon it seamlessly. Without out a doubt the greatest episode. You want a JL movie script? Steal this episode word for word and expand from there!

This was easily the best episode, best written, big surprises throughout all the way to the very end.
    Although I too have a problem with Supes, "I was pulling punches foo, let me show ya sumthin".
    Dont get me wrong it was the coolest action sequence Ive ever seen from the big S, easily.
    But, did he not give his all when he was fighting Darksied inside Brainiac's asteroid base thing? Or the other times he fought him, like after he recovered from getting brain washed an leading Apokolip's armies? They should have shown the punches from supes to be so much that they ripped large chunks of atmosphere temporarily off the planet, making some of the other superhero's stop their fighting cause they briefly couldnt breath or something like that. So we at least get a believable, tangible reason for Supes holding back all these years. And maybe the reason he can stop holding back now is because it took him this many years to master his powers fully enough to do it without killing everyone around him and on the planet.
    Personally I would have liked if Darkseid would have toss the anti-equation aside laughing that his new powers go far beyond that now, but then supes would break free of the agony matrix thing, crush the kryptonite dagger, get all pissed off and say something like, "warm up's over" with a horrified expression on Darkseid's face. Then show batman a good distance away and suddenly a giant explosion leveling most the city and batman watching a fiery meteor flying with ridiculous speed into space. Then Flash would pop up,"What the heck is/was that?" and Batman would reply,"Unless I miss my guess, thats whats left of Darkseid".
    And to add more credibility to the full power scenario at the end of the episode, Batman an Superman would have a private discussion. Batman would get really pissed at Superman for not using his full power sooner, all those other times the league almost lost. Even question why they need a league if he is that powerful, like "Is this supermans version of the cub scouts? Charity work?" but then Superman would let him know why he didnt use it sooner.
  • A great episode one of the greatest season finales of the show. That epsiode was good way to end the show.

The episode had a lot of action and drama. I've watched this show for a minute and I think Lex Luthor and Darkside were great villans to end the show. Although I think the leave of Martian Manhunter(earlier in the season) and his return at the end was pointless. The episode would have been better if it had ended with an hour long episode. The fight between Darkside and Superman was to quick and it looked to easy compared to other times Superman has fought Darkside. Although Superman said he was tired of not using all of his power to fight because he didn't want to hurt anyone.
  • Or should I say, with a heavy heart, "exactly why I watched this series".

The best episode of the entire series (in my opinion, at least) starts with Luthor and the other members of the Legion of Doom that survived, coming to the Justice League for help.
    Superman agrees to let the Legion join the fight, seeing that they are going to need all the help they can get to defat Darkseid.
    All over the Earth, dozens of Parademons attack, but find members of the Justice League ready for them. The ultimate fight occurs in Metropolis, on top of the Daily Planet building, where Superman, Batman and Luthor await for Darkseid to appear.
    Superman fights Darkseid again, this time determined to destroy him once and for ever. Superman finally admits he has never before shown anyone his true strength, and after a superb speech, punches Darkseid all over the city. However, Darkseid tricks Superman and entraps him inside the Agony Matrix.
    Meanwhile, Luthor confronts Metron and tells him to show him how to defeat Darkseid.
    When all seems lost and Darkseid approaches a fallen Superman, while holding a Kryptonite dagger, Luthor returns and gives Darkseid the only thing he ever wanted: the Anti-Life Equation. Darkseid touches it and both he and Luthor dissappear in a flash of light.
    The fight is over, and the members of the Justice League have won; Earth is saved. The seventh founding member has returned, after missing from the last few episodes, and together with all the other heroes, run down the stairs of the Metro Tower towards a new adventure, an adventure we unfortunatelly might never see.
  • SIMPLE SUPER

This is one of the best Justice League episodes ever with all out super war going on through out the world Superman finally unleashing his full power and Batman showing why he doesn't need Super powers to be one of the finest superheroes. This show should never have been cancelled.
  • It is a pity that we will not have any more episodes of this wonderful show. One of the most attractive characteristics in the show is how political the comments of the characteres are.

One big question that I have is why Super Girl was part of this episode, didn\'t she choose to stay in the future in the episode \"Far from Home\"? And if she came back from the future for this fight, why she didn\'t bring some of the powerful super friends from the future with her?
    I will really miss to watch new episodes of this wonderful show.
    Thank you to the creators, writers, producers and everybody involved in this wonderful project!
  • Destroyer - Best episode ever...at least in the top 3

The action was tremendous. If this was the series finale then I wish the episode was at least 60 minutes long. It was off the hook. The legion and the league hooking up to save the world. I\'ve been wondering what happened to the martian manhunter. It was great to see him back in action. If only I could quickly change my body from overweight to slender like Jonn did. It would\'ve been nice to see more episodes with Darkseid. The fight between him and superman was okay. I don\'t quite understand the ending between Luthor and Darkseid. I don\'t understand what Luthor had that was so important for Darkseid. Anyway, I enjoyed this episode. Luckily, I was able to record most of the recent episodes...just in case no new episodes are made.

• This episode is, well how should I describe it... GREAT!

This episode is one of the best episodes I have ever seen, perfect for being the series finale of Justice League Unlimited and I think that is one of the best episodes ever, personally because I like Superman very much thanks to its interpretation in Smallville as Clark Kent with Tom Welling, well, the thing is that I think that this episode is one of the best episodes I have ever watch in my life of Justice League, and I think that is perfect for ending the series of Justice League, it is just a great episode.
  • In the series finale, it's all out war against Darkseid and the Justice League. It's a knock out episode with nonstop action.

Oh, this episode was so cool! The action in it was great, kept you goued to ever second. The fight with Darkseid, classic. The way Superman went all out, was the best! Too bad it's ending, this was a great series. Since it has to go, this episode is a great way to end it. And the end scene, very nicely done.
  • I deducted one-tenth for a slight continuity discrepancy.

Just like in the WB series finale of SUPERMAN: TAS, the writers seemed to have forgotten that Highfather Izaya had put Earth under his planet's protection. So, why didn't the New Genesisians protect Earth during the Superman-led invasion? To say nothing of the Thanagarian invasion!

As I recall, Orion gave Superman a pretty good run for his money, when it came to the mistaken-identity slugfest they engaged in, the first time they met. So, what happened? Did a brainwashed Kal-El prove too much for him, during Apokoliptian Invasion #2? And, if so, did that lead to a revocation of Izaya's Treaty of Protection?

Even if that were the case,, you'd think that Mr. and Mrs. Miracle (Scott and Barda Free) would've used their Mother Boxes to call New Genesis for help during this third invasion!

That long-winded nitpick aside, I thought the rest of this episode was a great way for the series to come to an end. Thank you, Warner Brothers, for all my viewing pleasure.
  • The end of one of the most masterfully written shows on TV.

I love JLU and the end of the show was bittersweet. Darkseid came back and they packed as much as they could into a small 30-minute time slot. I especially enjoyed the fight sequence between Darkseid and Superman, who proved in this episode why he is the leader of JLU. For the sake of balance, since Secret Origins, the series premiere, was in 3 30-minute increments, Destroyer, the season finale should have been given the same respect. The anti-climatic ending and the unresolved issues of two of my favorite characters, Hawkgirl and Green Lantern leave something to be desired. Hopefully they will fix this with a movie or something. All in all it has been a great series and I enjoyed watching it form start to finish.
  • this was a great episode.

the episode was great everything about it was great it is the episode ever seen, the episode was very well written, the writers were really having some great ideas to come up with the great plot for this great episode, this maybe the last but it's most definatly not least, but the only question I have, where did lex and darkseid go, anyway it's a great great great great great episode.
  • Quite an exciting episode!

Man this was a real good episode plenty of action and other things to draw on. Batman was as tough as always and did his thing to take care of the bad guys. More and more villains just keep trying to show up and beat on Superman why do they even try he has a whole army of friends that have his back at any moment they need start joining the right side because there has got to be over a hundred super heros up in their station but that was a good idea to get an army of his own but theres no way that could work against superman.
  • Darkseid takes revenge on the Justice League

This is a nice wrap-up to the series. I would have preferred that it paired my two favorite baddies, Darkseid and Brainiac. (I've always thought Lex Luthor to be one of the least interesting, and most over-used, of the villains in the DC universe.) The display of raw power in the battle between Superman and Darkseid is fantastic, and the story is very well written. The only drawback is that, with so many villains and heroes in the mix and the half hour format, some of the characters barely get any screen-time. I like the fact that things aren't tied up neatly at the end. The adventure goes on....
  • I liked this episode. It was a great way to end the series.

I Miss This Show. It was a great show, and th series finale was truly great. I enjoyed the part when Superman got to let loose and beat the stuffing outta Darkseid. It was cool to see how Lex Luthor got screwed. I enjoyed that part as well. I was wondering though, are there any plans to put it on DVD. I would buy the seasons. I think the show should be brought back for more seasons. This show, as well as Teen Titans both ended in remarkable similar ways. Both of the major evil groups had joined together,and they all had to call in reinforcements.
  • Apokolips goes to war with earth Darksied fights superman The justice league repel a global invasion

A fantastic episode.
    The bad guys team up with the jlu.
    The league defends paris ,london ,china ,metropolis and others.

The fight between darksied and superman is where this episodes at.
    They pound lumps out of each other, leveling builings matrix revolutions style.
    Batman gets his licks in aswell with bat grenades.
    Superman tells darksied that batman never quits as long as he has breath in his body.
    True ,bats is very stubborn

Luthor appears at the end
    with the anti life equation
    and uses it to end darksied
    once and for all (we hope)

And we get a closing scene of every jlu member
    running towards the camera.

now i have a tall building to go leap
< 1 2