Justice League Unlimited

Destroyer (2)

Aired Saturday 10:30 PM May 13, 2006 on Cartoon Network

• I Hated This Episode With A Passion.

I thoroughly despise this episode for one reason, and one reason only, it is the Last One! (That\'s why I rated it with a Zero)

Otherwise, this was one of the finest episodes of this, or the previous incarnation, Justice League, I\\\'ve ever seen.

What made this episode so great were all the "little things" that went into it. For instance, Metron simply watching and then being challenged by Lex Luthor. Once again we see why Luthor is the greatest villain in comic book history. He convinces, or thinks he convinces, an alien of immeasurable power to help him defeat Darkseid. Then, when faced with "The Source Wall", and upon being told that only a "12th Level intelligence can even hope to survive", tells this being of immeasurable power, "Then I'm over-qualified."

Even one of the best lines was spoken by Luthor. "Sorry I'm late, I had to change into my power suit." And he was wearing a business suit at the time, which means that first and foremost, he treats everything as though it were a matter of business, which to him, it is.

Even his hatred of Superman is a matter of business for him. Until Superman came to Metropolis, he was the most powerful man in the city, possibly even the world, and everyone looked up to him as he was in the tallest building in the city. But now, here comes a man who is not only the supposed embodiment of all that is good and all that man can aspire to, here is a man who can fly and raise himself above the concerns of a businessman called Lex Luthor.

In Lex's eyes, that just won't do. And that is why Lex Luthor has tried to destroy Superman.

But enough of a history lesson.

This is to discuss the final episode of "Justice League Unlimited", and I said that I liked it. But more than that, as I said before, I liked the little things that occurred in the episode.

Like the "elderly man" on the Great Wall. I wondered, "Who is this guy? Is this some old hero I don't know about?" And then he turned in J'onn J'onzz, fantastic!

The bit with "Steel" (Not John Irons) throwing that shield. The first thing I thought of was "Oh look, just like Cap (Captain America, Marvel)."

And of course, we cannot leave out the end, where all of the heroes and heroines run down the stairs and towards the camera. Just beautiful!

All in all, a great job by all involved.