Justice League Unlimited

Destroyer (2)

Aired Saturday 10:30 PM May 13, 2006 on Cartoon Network

• Justice League ends on a rather different note than I had hoped.

First off, let me say that this was a pretty good episode in and of it's own, but this is the series finale and so I must treat it as such.

I have to tell you that as a series finale, this really didn't wrap much up at all, in fact it left more loose ends than the original series finale did (Epilogue) which weren't very many at all.

Okay, bringing Darksied back was pretty well done, but I preferred Brainiac/Lex being the final villain in "Divided We Fall."

As a matter of fact, the ending wasn't even much of an ending at all. We find that Darksied might still be alive after all that was done. (making the last five minutes of the show almost pointless) There was no reconciliation between John and Shayera whatsoever. And Superman stating that he has to constantly hold back when does anything was okay, but it opened a plethora of plotholes and various "why didn't you do this kind of thing sooner?" kinds of things.

There were some redeeming elements in this episode (which I will not post, because I don't want to spoil too much) But all in all, I think "Divided We Fall" and "Epilogue" made a better series finale.