Justice League Unlimited

Destroyer (2)

Aired Saturday 10:30 PM May 13, 2006 on Cartoon Network

• The Justice League Unlimited Finale lives up to it's expectations and more. In the final episode Darkseid is back and brings the army of Apokolips to attack Earth. Now it's up to the forces of good to stop him.

So here's my review of the episode and it will contain spoilers. In the final episode, Darkseid is back thanks to Lex Luthor's negligence and has his sights set on earth, so the Justice League squad gears up for battle against this most devious foe. Basically in the series finale there is one major battle where like every major Justice League/Justice League Unlimited character gets to do something to try and stop the villain. Even Jon who we thought would not appear, helps Wonder Woman fight against the army of Apokolips. The episode also features a drawn out battle with Superman and Batman against Darkseid, although Superman is the one doing most of the fighting. So here are the aspects I liked about the episode, the one thing I really enjoyed was seeing all the Justice League members in a really big battle. I started to become a bit disappointed when they began focusing on characters like the Canary, Hawkeye or Question instead of the Flash (who brought humor into the show). The best part of the episode of course is seeing Superman go full strength against Darkseid and beat him to a pulp until he gets caught in one of Darkseid's traps of course. Then it's a different situation. Now here's the negatives of the episode, Green Lantern and the Flash only get like 2 lines in the finale. They are like the most interesting combo behind Superman and Batman. Also Batman gets a bit of a secondary role. However the ending where Lex Luthor and Darkseid disappear was pretty entertaining. Leaving the possibility of another animated movie in the near future. Overall it was a good end to Justice League, but in my opinion the First 2 seasons were much better then Unlimited.