Justice League Unlimited

Double Date

Aired Saturday 10:30 PM Jun 04, 2005 on Cartoon Network

• The Huntress is booted out of the League and strikes out on her own to bring her family’s killer to justice. Green Arrow, Black Canary and the Question get involved as well as they to take down crime lord, Mandragora.

To date, this is my favorite episode of the Justice League. I’ve always been a huge fan of Green Arrow, so the more screen time that he gets, the better. I also love that they’ve expanded upon the romance between Black Canary and he. I admit, I really didn’t think that the show’s creators would give them so much development.

And what better way to accent GA and BC’s team-up than with another bizarre matching – the Huntress and the Question. Jeffrey Combs has always been one of my favorite character actors, and I love the cynical rakishness that he brings to the Question. I admit, I know very little about this character other than that he carried his own comic title in the early 90s. But I think he fits in extremely well with the street-level heroes of the DCU, such as Green Arrow. I’ve also always been a big fan of the Huntress. I like that she’s a vigilante that is willing to go that extra step. She is willing to cross boundaries that even heroes like Batman would never cross. Similar to the GA/BC relationship, the Huntress finds herself drawing close ties to the Question and their brash kookiness adds a distinctive flavor to the show overall.

I think just about anyone who watches the show will agree that this was a fantastic episode. But it’s even more special if you happen to be a big fan of Green Arrow, Black Canary, the Huntress and the Question.