Justice League Unlimited

For the Man Who Has Everything

Aired Saturday 10:30 PM Aug 07, 2004 on Cartoon Network

• This one of my favorite JLU episodes. It has character development, and a deep story to it.

In this episode Wonerwoman and Batman take a trip to the Fortress of Solitude to give Superman a gift for his birthday. When they arrive they realize that he is being strangled by a parasite but Supeman acts like he dosen't even know it. Superman is having visions and dreams from his past, in the way he would have liked them to turn out, but little does he know that this was all a trap from Mongul. In the real world Mongul gets in a fight with Batman and Wonderwoman. This episode is just good all around as far as action, drama, and character development are concerned but what I really enjoyed in this episode were the flashbacks to Batman, Wonderwoman, and Supermans past (they all wind up getting the parasite attached to themselves at one time). It is a very emotional episode that taps into what our superheros wish they could have had in their pasts instead of the brutal things they all had to face. This is a great memorable episode.