Justice League Unlimited Forums

Cartoon Network (ended 2006)

Any chance that Marvel and DC would work together?

-Blackstar-

[21]Apr 8, 2007
    • level: 8
    I would love it if some company (preferably a good one like Capcom or Neo Geo) were to make a DC vs Marvel video game. It will probably never happen, but a fighting game with characters from both companies would be sweet. we're not going to be getting that, however a DC vs Street Fighter game is currently being developed by Capcom. No joke!
    Edited on 04/08/2007 7:20am
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Hyou_Gattai

[22]Apr 8, 2007
    • level: 9
    wow, good but wierd news...Street Fighter is a total different game style from any DC characters fighting style...they are not very compatible...imagine a Ryu VS Superman fight?? just too wierd, Ken VS Bats (good one)...

-Blackstar-

[23]Apr 8, 2007
    This game is in an extremely early stage. No pictures yet, but there are a couple of news bites about it. Here's one of them. I am not making this up!

JLU51306

[24]Apr 9, 2007
    • level: 18
    -Silverstar- wrote:

JLU51306 wrote:
    I understand all the problems there would be for such a thing to happen but putting all that aside, How many people would want to see them create there own video game or movie together, I would love to see it, I think it would be the best crossover ever done.

What would be the best crossover ever done?

For me, it would depend on the project and the characters involved. I don't like everything Marvel any more than I like everything DC. A crossover between a crappy DC character and a crappy Marvel character would be just as crappy as a crappy solo project.

You misunderstood what I am saying, a crossover DC and Marvel with all the popular, well known, good characters.

JLU51306

[25]Apr 9, 2007
    -Blackstar- wrote:
    I would love it if some company (preferably a good one like Capcom or Neo Geo) were to make a DC vs Marvel video game. It will probably never happen, but a fighting game with characters from both companies would be sweet. we're not going to be getting that, however a DC vs Street Fighter game is currently being developed by Capcom. No joke!

You should see my blog post, It's about a game (The Ultimate Battle: DC v.s. Marvel) that I would like to make although after reading all these posts on this thread it would be very unlikely, and I put all the cool things I would like in it, and to me seems like a very very awesome game. And are they really going to make a DC v.s. Street Fighter game?

-Blackstar-

[26]Apr 9, 2007

JLU51036 wrote:
    Are they really going to make a DC vs Street Fighter game

Yes, it's supposedly being developed by Capcom. In case you missed the link that I provided in my last post, here it is again.

DC vs Street Fighter

Edited on 04/09/2007 5:41am
    Edited 3 total times.

-Silverstar-

[27]Apr 9, 2007
    JLU53106 wrote:
    You misunderstood what I am saying, a crossover DC and Marvel with all the popular, well known, good characters.

Again, for me, it would depend on which characters were involved and whether the plot/story/gameplay was worth dealing with. Too many crossovers have little going for them beyond the initial "Wow! It's so-and-so teaming up with such-and-such!" novelty. Many of them tend to be more flash than substance. That's why I'm not a big fan of crossovers in general. I'm not that easily impressed.
    Edited on 04/09/2007 5:31am

sylent_asassin

[28]Apr 9, 2007
    • level: 26
    I can see it now; Superman's uppercut vs. Ryu's Dragon Punch. Supes would take Ryu's head clean off. The writers would have to develop some kind of story to seriously dilute the DC character's powers for this game to be feasible. Perhaps during the game intro, Mxy could cast a spell making everyone equal. Rather than see a DC vs. SF game, I'd like a straight DC game with most of the popular DCU characters. I do like the SF style, but all the cheap, juggling 100 hit combos are annoying and take the fun out of the game.

-Silverstar-

[29]Apr 9, 2007
    sylent_asassin wrote:
    I can see it now; Superman's uppercut vs. Ryu's Dragon Punch. Supes would take Ryu's head clean off. The writers would have to develop some kind of story to seriously dilute the DC character's powers for this game to be feasible. Perhaps during the game intro, Mxy could cast a spell making everyone equal. Rather than see a DC vs. SF game, I'd like a straight DC game with most of the popular DCU characters. I do like the SF style, but all the cheap, juggling 100 hit combos are annoying and take the fun out of the game.

True, there'd have to be a balance in order for such a team-up to be effective and not horribly one-sided. It was a big enough stretch to imagine the Street Fighters taking on the X-Men, and later, the Marvel Super Heroes. Capcom sort-of compensated for this by making the SF characters attacks seriously pumped up (i.e., Ryu threw Hadoken fireballs the size of a Buick) so they could compete against the super guys and gals.

As much as I'm eagerly awaiting this title, I'm kind of with Sylent here. As long as this game is better than Justice League Task Force for the SNES, then I'll be happy. I'd settle for a decent DC fighter, with or without the Street Fighters.

Lena_Wayne15

[30]Apr 9, 2007
    • level: 16
    It'd be funny to see a DCU vs. DCAU game. Sure, the DCU would win, but it'd be cool.

Hyou_Gattai

[31]Apr 9, 2007
    -Silverstar- wrote:
    True, there'd have to be a balance in order for such a team-up to be effective and not horribly one-sided. It was a big enough stretch to imagine the Street Fighters taking on the X-Men, and later, the Marvel Super Heroes. Capcom sort-of compensated for this by making the SF characters attacks seriously pumped up (i.e., Ryu threw Hadoken fireballs the size of a Buick) so they could compete against the super guys and gals.
    lol, so true, i did enjoy the game, but those Hadokens were just too crazy, there were like Shinku-Hadokens flying everywere...
    now for the DC games...they have been very lame lately...like the Superman Returns videogame, that was a creepy game, the excitement just lasted for like half an hour, after that, no fun at all...there haven't been any really good DC game in the fighting section, but Capcom is a genius when makin up some wicked story, so i wouldn't be surprised if the game would be a hit

warnerbroman

[32]Apr 10, 2007
    • level: 15
    -Blackstar- wrote:
    Hyou_Gattai wrote:
    ok here goes my two cents...for now it's nearly impossible for this two companies to work together, but maybe in 3 or 5 years this can happen...now -Blackstar- you bring an interesting point in the videogames arena, it was the StreetFighter/MortalKombat idea, let me tell you...the most rival companies in the fighting section of the videogames were SNK and Capcom, however they managed to put their differences asside and worked together in SNK vs Capcom videogame, now i'm no employee from Capcom nor SNK to tell if the game was a money cow, but it did win fighting game of the year...

From what I understand about Capcom vs SNK, most of the profits from the game went to Capcom. While the game did well enough to warrant a sequel, it still wasn't enough to save SNK from going bankrupt.

I'm going to bring up the Street Fighter/Mortal Kombat crossover thing again because the situation with that is very similar to the hope/prospect of a DC/Marvel collaboration. Representatives from both Capcom (SF) and Williams (MK) have said that they would like to see such a game happen, but it won't. Primarily because the $tyles and game play of Street Fighter and Mortal Kombat are completely different. Capcom's headquarters are located in Japan, while Williams' headquarters are in the US; it would be very difficult for these 2 studios and teams to mutually decide on 1 fighting $tyle and game engine. Also, neither company would want to make available to the other their proprietary source codes, which would need to happen for such a project.

So, while a Marvel/DC television/movie/video game collaboration is not impossible, I don't see it happening anytime soon.
    well could they not make two games with mk or sf style

_Vigilante_

[33]Apr 11, 2007
    • level: 2

I think a DC v.s. Marvel game would be awesome.

-Blackstar-

[34]Apr 11, 2007
    _Vigilante_ wrote:

Yes, we'd all like to see that. Who wouldn't want to see Superman whale on Wolverine, or Wonder Woman trounce Storm? On the Marvel side, I would hope that the lineup would include Jean Grey (as Phoenix), or perhaps Firestar from Spider man and his Amazing Friends.

But I agree with Silverstar; at this point, I'd just settle for a good DC game.

Edited on 04/11/2007 5:18am

-Silverstar-

[35]Apr 11, 2007

_Vigilante_ wrote:

We all do. But realistically, chances are about 99.9999999% likely that we'll never see it happen in this lifetime (except for MUGEN, of course).

But then, no one thought that we'd ever see Mario and Sonic appear together in a single video game, and that's supposed to happen at the end of this year:

http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3158286

so who knows?

Edited on 04/11/2007 5:57am

sylent_asassin

[36]Apr 11, 2007
    • level: 26
    Mario vs. Sonic is no contest. It's like the Flash going up against Quicksilver or the Road Runner vs. Wile E. Coyote.

Just create a good DC game and I'll be stoked. So far, all the JL/Superman games have been sub par. JLU Heroes is the best, but still the game lacks in a few areas and you don't really get a feel for the characters and their powers. The cut scenes are great, but how empowered can you feel when you're limited to flying the same speed you walk? In addition, when your power meter runs out, you're a sitting duck. An all DC game created in the Marvel vs. Capcom style would be awesome. I don't know why it's taking so long to make that happen.

-Silverstar-

[37]Apr 11, 2007
    sylent_asassin wrote:
    Mario vs. Sonic is no contest. It's like the Flash going up against Quicksilver or the Road Runner vs. Wile E. Coyote.
    If the contest is a race, then Sonic will trounce Mario. If it's throwing fireballs, the results would be quite different.
    :
    Just create a good DC game and I'll be stoked. So far, all the JL/Superman games have been sub par. JLU Heroes is the best, but still the game lacks in a few areas and you don't really get a feel for the characters and their powers. The cut scenes are great, but how empowered can you feel when you're limited to flying the same speed you walk? In addition, when your power meter runs out, you're a sitting duck. An all DC game created in the Marvel vs. Capcom style would be awesome. I don't know why it's taking so long to make that happen.
    Now that another company has squirreled the Marvel license away from Capcom, the wait may not be that much longer, especially if this DC/Street Fighter game does well. Maybe in 2009 or 2010 we'll get to see a DC Super Heroes.

JLU51306

[38]Apr 13, 2007
    I agree, I would settle for a good DC fighter, that would still be cool, and I would settle for a good Marvel game too.

Megaflareon

[39]Apr 15, 2007
    • level: 3
    How about in the Marvel Imperfects fighting style? 

-Silverstar-

[40]Apr 15, 2007
    Megaflareon wrote:
    How about in the Marvel Imperfects fighting style?
    You mean Marvel Nemesis: Rise of the Imperfects? Why would you want to see a return to that game's $tyle? Marvel Nemesis blew hard, IMHO.