Justice League Unlimited Forums

Cartoon Network (ended 2006)

Any chance that Marvel and DC would work together?

Megaflareon

[41]Apr 15, 2007
    • level: 3
    too lazy to type out the whole thing -_-

and thats all it is opinion,so let's just leave it at that before it gets any further
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

-Silverstar-

[42]Apr 15, 2007
    • level: 9

It's not going to go any further, amigo. I'm not about to fight over one's opinion of a video game. I respect all opinions, even the ones I don't agree with.

Just for me, Marvel Nemesis wasn't fun, and most of the reviews on the game that I've gotten from friends who've played it and game magazines weren't all that favorable, that's all.

I myself would prefer a DC game done in the Capcom $tyle, kind of like Justice League Task Force, only good, or a game like Marvel Super Heroes, only with DC characters. But that's just me.

I'm even looking forward to DC VS Street Fighter, provided that it's good and the powers and power levels of the characters are properly balanced and make sense. 

Edited on 04/15/2007 4:27pm

JLU51306

[43]Apr 15, 2007
    • level: 18
    Marvel Nemesis wasn't great and it wasn't the worst game but it was Okay IMO, But I would rather see a Ratchet: Deadlocked fighting stile because you could upgrade all your weapons which IMO would be a cool feature for a DC game where you can upgrade their powers/abilitys and weapons IMO.

Megaflareon

[44]Apr 16, 2007
    -Silverstar- wrote:

It's not going to go any further, amigo.  

okay,long as it doesn't turn into a flame war personally I liked the game's style because it allowed more free-roaming in arenas than other games but anyways,this iss sidetracking from the topic

sylent_asassin

[46]Apr 16, 2007
    • level: 26
    -Silverstar- wrote:
    I myself would prefer a DC game done in the Capcom $tyle, kind of like Justice League Task Force, only good, or a game like Marvel Super Heroes, only with DC characters. But that's just me.

It's not just you. I've been waiting for several years for a game like that. I've always wondered why they can make good Marvel coin-op games, but no good DC games. Even X-Men: Children of the Atom was a cool game. "Ice Beam! Tornado Claw! Typhoon! Optic Blast!" There was a Superman coin-op game about 15 years ago that blew chunks. You didn't even get to fight any classic Superman villians. You just flew around and punched out things that looked like Parademons and Robots. In addition, Supes could throw fireballs. WTF?!?!

Megaflareon

[47]Apr 16, 2007
    O_o wtf indeed

FatNHappy

[48]May 5, 2007
    • level: 1

Actually guys, I'm not sure if you're aware of it, but a Marvel/DC merger almost did happen a few years back. Seems Marvel was shopping around for a new parent company & almost sold out to Time/Warner (Who, as everybody knows, owns DC), but unfortunately, the deal didn't work out. Would've been cool, though, if it'd happened. But basically, that's about as close as anybody's ever come to the two companies/universes ever becoming one. Just thought I'd let you guys know & cat'cha laters! Chow!

Sincerely,

Van Miller

Birmingham, AL

Kefka1_3

[49]May 14, 2007
    • level: 5
    -Silverstar- wrote:
    21chewbakka21 wrote:

I think it has some possibility. There was an X-men an Teen Titans crossover for example.

And comics-book based movies make nowadays lots of profit! I think money talks louder then any rivalry.

And lawyers talk even louder.

Blackstar is correct: There have numerous DC/Marvel crossovers over the years (DC VS Marvel, Teen Titans meets X-Men, JLA meets Avengers, Green Lantern meets the Silver Surfer, etc.), but these have all happened in the comics, and even then, they have been few and far between. However, A Marvel/DC collaborative movie, TV show or video game just isn't going to happen. The various DC and Marvel TV and movie projects are all owned by different people and different companies. It's not like there's just one studio who puts out all of Marvel's stuff and one which puts out all of DC's. There's contracts, commitments, networks, producers, directors, actors and egos to consider.

Let's play hypothetical for a moment: say, somebody wanted to do a crossover movie or TV show. Say, X-Men meets the Justice League. First, they'd have to decide whether it was going to be the Marvel guys in the DC universe or vice-versa, which itself would result in a clash of egos. Next, they'd have to secure the film rights from 20th Century Fox (who handled the X-Men movies) and the studios responsible for the various DC features, which itself would be next to impossible. Then what if they couldn't get Hugh Jackman to play Wolverine because he's already committed to another project, or they couldn't secure the legal rights to Superman? Then what if Marvel wanted to have Cyclops eye-blast Darksied, canceling out his Omega beams, but DC said "No way!" or DC wanted Batman to whale on Juggernaut, but Marvel said something like, "We'll only let Superman beat Juggernaut!" And what if the Marvel writers wanted to have Wonder Woman start a romance with Iceman, but a DC comics writer said, "No! I'm planning to have Diana marry Aquaman in the upcoming spring issue?" And what if DC and Marvel had different contractual obligations to separate video game companies; then who'd make the game based on the movie? And what if someone wanted to do this DC/Marvel crossover as a TV series on Fox, but DC had a 7-year commitment to only produce shows for the CW? You see what I'm getting at.

There are just too many factors preventing such crossovers. A DC/Marvel crossover TV show, movie or game is a nice dream, but unfortunately that's all it is, unless DC and Marvel were to permanently merge into one single studio, which, unless one were to SERIOUSLY hit the skids and get bought out by the other, seems highly unlikely at this stage. It's like waiting for a single game console that plays every video game ever made: a nice fantasy, but a virtual impossibility.

and even with all that, a crossover story could still be badly written.

Kefka1_3

[50]May 15, 2007
    • level: 5
    Also if you really want something along the lines of DC v.s. Marvel get M.U.G.E.N. and make or wait for the DC characters to be made and play them againts each other or whatever... use your imagination!

JLU51306

[51]May 15, 2007
    Kefka1_3 wrote:
    Also if you really want something along the lines of DC v.s. Marvel get M.U.G.E.N. and make or wait for the DC characters to be made and play them againts each other or whatever... use your imagination!

What on earth is M.U.G.E.N.?

Shayera-Hol

[52]May 16, 2007
    • level: 20
    JLU51306 wrote:
    Kefka1_3 wrote:

What on earth is M.U.G.E.N.?

Read this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M.U.G.E.N

janie_girl

[53]May 18, 2007
    • level: 12
    I think it would  awesome! but i'm more of a marvel fan...

gamerboy190

[54]May 21, 2007
    No. Why would two rival companies try to work together?

JLU51306

[55]May 29, 2007
    gamerboy190 wrote:

Well if they did work together, They would create great video games, movies, and ect., I think if they created these things it would be super cool.

gamerboy190

[56]May 29, 2007
    JLU51306 wrote:
    gamerboy190 wrote:

Well if they did work together, They would create great video games, movies, and ect., I think if they created these things it would be super cool.

Not quite. They have different standards in operating games and such, so I don't know.

Shayera-Hol

[57]May 30, 2007
    I was thinking what will happen if Marvel and DC will work together, so I made a video, called JLU Last Stand.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-79IKmBqjH0

gamerboy190

[58]May 30, 2007
    Shayera-Hol wrote:
    I was thinking what will happen if Marvel and DC will work together, so I made a video, called JLU Last Stand.

Wow...Just Wow...

Shayera-Hol

[59]May 30, 2007
    gamerboy190 wrote:
    Shayera-Hol wrote:

Wow...Just Wow...

Thanks.

sylent_asassin

[60]May 31, 2007
    • level: 26
    Shayera-Hol wrote:

Interesting. Nice job of editing the JLU and the Final Stand. Still, I don't see how this illustrates a Marvel / DC collaboration. There are no Marvel characters present... Unless you're saying the JLU would attempt to rid the world of Marvel's Mutants.