Justice League Unlimited Forums

Cartoon Network (ended 2006)

Batman: Gotham Knights DTV

  • Avatar of ItAintEazy

    ItAintEazy

    [1]Jan 21, 2008
    • member since: 06/11/05
    • level: 3
    • rank: Soup Nazi
    • posts: 119

    Didn't see a discussion on this new Bruce Timm project, but it's going to be frikkin sweet. Directed by Bruce Timm of course, written by Brian Azzarello, David S. Goyer, Greg Rucka, Jordan Goldberg, Josh Olsen and Alan Burnett, and it's going to be animated by the three top creative animestudios that includes Madhouse, Studio I.G. (have any of you seen Ghost Hound?) and Studio 4°C. Apparently the six episodes are going to bridge the story line between Batman Begins and The Dark Knight.A sneak peek will be included in the upcoming New Frontiers DVD, but I just can't wait.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of theportal

    theportal

    [2]Jan 21, 2008
    • member since: 05/07/06
    • level: 26
    • rank: Bow Flex
    • posts: 17,175
    It ought to be very good. Rumour has it that Cassandra Cain may be in it.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of DarthFreeza

    DarthFreeza

    [3]Jan 22, 2008
    • member since: 11/28/07
    • level: 23
    • rank: Close Talker
    • posts: 3,742

    theportal wrote:
    It ought to be very good. Rumour has it that Cassandra Cain may be in it.
    Cassandra Cain??? Should she come like AFTER Barbara Gordon????

    But omg it would be awsome it got good rating and had more than 6 episodes =] Anyone think thats possible? I barley know anything abou this series other than what I've read in an interview.

    Edited on 01/22/2008 2:22am
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of theportal

    theportal

    [4]Jan 22, 2008
    • member since: 05/07/06
    • level: 26
    • rank: Bow Flex
    • posts: 17,175
    The DTV will have 6 animated shorts.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of DarthFreeza

    DarthFreeza

    [5]Jan 22, 2008
    • member since: 11/28/07
    • level: 23
    • rank: Close Talker
    • posts: 3,742
    theportal wrote:
    The DTV will have 6 animated shorts.
    Well thats what I get for being hopeful =/
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of ItAintEazy

    ItAintEazy

    [6]Jan 23, 2008
    • member since: 06/11/05
    • level: 3
    • rank: Soup Nazi
    • posts: 119

    DarthFreeza wrote:
    theportal wrote:
    The DTV will have 6 animated shorts.
    Well thats what I get for being hopeful =/

    Hey, one short would be a whole lot better than, say, a whole season of "The Batman".

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of gamerboy190

    gamerboy190

    [7]Jan 23, 2008
    • member since: 05/11/06
    • level: 18
    • rank: Land Shark
    • posts: 6,292
    ItAintEazy wrote:

    DarthFreeza wrote:
    theportal wrote:
    The DTV will have 6 animated shorts.
    Well thats what I get for being hopeful =/

    Hey, one short would be a whole lot better than, say, a whole season of "The Batman".



    Season 4 was pretty good, but you're pretty much right about that.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of DarthFreeza

    DarthFreeza

    [8]Jan 24, 2008
    • member since: 11/28/07
    • level: 23
    • rank: Close Talker
    • posts: 3,742
    gamerboy190 wrote:
    ItAintEazy wrote:

    DarthFreeza wrote:
    theportal wrote:
    The DTV will have 6 animated shorts.
    Well thats what I get for being hopeful =/

    Hey, one short would be a whole lot better than, say, a whole season of "The Batman".



    Season 4 was pretty good, but you're pretty much right about that.
    Probably... unless we're talking of season 4.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of theportal

    theportal

    [9]Jan 24, 2008
    • member since: 05/07/06
    • level: 26
    • rank: Bow Flex
    • posts: 17,175
    DarthFreeza wrote:
    gamerboy190 wrote:
    ItAintEazy wrote:

    DarthFreeza wrote:
    theportal wrote:
    The DTV will have 6 animated shorts.
    Well thats what I get for being hopeful =/

    Hey, one short would be a whole lot better than, say, a whole season of "The Batman".



    Season 4 was pretty good, but you're pretty much right about that.
    Probably... unless we're talking of season 4.


    Season 4 was actually better than a few seasons of the DCAU. Other than that... Anyway, the DTV shorts have a lot of potential. But I'm more excited about The New Frontier (less than a month away! ).
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of sylent_asassin

    sylent_asassin

    [10]Jan 24, 2008
    • member since: 06/19/05
    • level: 26
    • rank: Bow Flex
    • posts: 9,402
    theportal wrote:
    DarthFreeza wrote:
    gamerboy190 wrote:
    ItAintEazy wrote:

    DarthFreeza wrote:
    theportal wrote:
    The DTV will have 6 animated shorts.
    Well thats what I get for being hopeful =/

    Hey, one short would be a whole lot better than, say, a whole season of "The Batman".



    Season 4 was pretty good, but you're pretty much right about that.
    Probably... unless we're talking of season 4.


    Season 4 was actually better than a few seasons of the DCAU. Other than that... Anyway, the DTV shorts have a lot of potential. But I'm more excited about The New Frontier (less than a month away! ).


    Seriously? Maybe the Zeta Project, a few moral and ethics episodes of Static Shock and a few episodes of GK. Other than that, as good as season 4 was, it doesn't even touch the DCAU... and the best part of season 4 were the team-ups. the Batman has a difficult time standing on its own without assistance. First, they needed Robin then Batgirl and now the DC Heroes. Without the aforementioned, the Batman is barely noteworthy.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of theportal

    theportal

    [11]Jan 26, 2008
    • member since: 05/07/06
    • level: 26
    • rank: Bow Flex
    • posts: 17,175
    sylent_asassin wrote:
    theportal wrote:
    DarthFreeza wrote:
    gamerboy190 wrote:
    ItAintEazy wrote:

    DarthFreeza wrote:
    theportal wrote:
    The DTV will have 6 animated shorts.
    Well thats what I get for being hopeful =/

    Hey, one short would be a whole lot better than, say, a whole season of "The Batman".



    Season 4 was pretty good, but you're pretty much right about that.
    Probably... unless we're talking of season 4.


    Season 4 was actually better than a few seasons of the DCAU. Other than that... Anyway, the DTV shorts have a lot of potential. But I'm more excited about The New Frontier (less than a month away! ).


    Seriously? Maybe the Zeta Project, a few moral and ethics episodes of Static Shock and a few episodes of GK. Other than that, as good as season 4 was, it doesn't even touch the DCAU... and the best part of season 4 were the team-ups. the Batman has a difficult time standing on its own without assistance. First, they needed Robin then Batgirl and now the DC Heroes. Without the aforementioned, the Batman is barely noteworthy.


    Are you thinking of season 5? The only team-up in season 4 is Martian Manhunter in the two-part finale. Maybe I was exaggerating a bit though... But come on, "A Matter of Family" and "Seconds" are awesome! Not sure about the rest...
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of DarthFreeza

    DarthFreeza

    [12]Jan 27, 2008
    • member since: 11/28/07
    • level: 23
    • rank: Close Talker
    • posts: 3,742
    theportal wrote:
    sylent_asassin wrote:
    theportal wrote:
    DarthFreeza wrote:
    gamerboy190 wrote:
    ItAintEazy wrote:

    DarthFreeza wrote:
    theportal wrote:
    The DTV will have 6 animated shorts.
    Well thats what I get for being hopeful =/

    Hey, one short would be a whole lot better than, say, a whole season of "The Batman".



    Season 4 was pretty good, but you're pretty much right about that.
    Probably... unless we're talking of season 4.


    Season 4 was actually better than a few seasons of the DCAU. Other than that... Anyway, the DTV shorts have a lot of potential. But I'm more excited about The New Frontier (less than a month away! ).


    Seriously? Maybe the Zeta Project, a few moral and ethics episodes of Static Shock and a few episodes of GK. Other than that, as good as season 4 was, it doesn't even touch the DCAU... and the best part of season 4 were the team-ups. the Batman has a difficult time standing on its own without assistance. First, they needed Robin then Batgirl and now the DC Heroes. Without the aforementioned, the Batman is barely noteworthy.


    Are you thinking of season 5? The only team-up in season 4 is Martian Manhunter in the two-part finale. Maybe I was exaggerating a bit though... But come on, "A Matter of Family" and "Seconds" are awesome! Not sure about the rest...
    *cough* Two of a Kind *cough*

    That was almost as good as "Mad Love." Not quite as good but still some excellent writing.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of theportal

    theportal

    [13]Jan 27, 2008
    • member since: 05/07/06
    • level: 26
    • rank: Bow Flex
    • posts: 17,175
    DarthFreeza wrote:
    theportal wrote:
    sylent_asassin wrote:
    theportal wrote:
    DarthFreeza wrote:
    gamerboy190 wrote:
    ItAintEazy wrote:

    DarthFreeza wrote:
    theportal wrote:
    The DTV will have 6 animated shorts.
    Well thats what I get for being hopeful =/

    Hey, one short would be a whole lot better than, say, a whole season of "The Batman".



    Season 4 was pretty good, but you're pretty much right about that.
    Probably... unless we're talking of season 4.


    Season 4 was actually better than a few seasons of the DCAU. Other than that... Anyway, the DTV shorts have a lot of potential. But I'm more excited about The New Frontier (less than a month away! ).


    Seriously? Maybe the Zeta Project, a few moral and ethics episodes of Static Shock and a few episodes of GK. Other than that, as good as season 4 was, it doesn't even touch the DCAU... and the best part of season 4 were the team-ups. the Batman has a difficult time standing on its own without assistance. First, they needed Robin then Batgirl and now the DC Heroes. Without the aforementioned, the Batman is barely noteworthy.


    Are you thinking of season 5? The only team-up in season 4 is Martian Manhunter in the two-part finale. Maybe I was exaggerating a bit though... But come on, "A Matter of Family" and "Seconds" are awesome! Not sure about the rest...
    *cough* Two of a Kind *cough*

    That was almost as good as "Mad Love." Not quite as good but still some excellent writing.


    Hmm... I was a bit underwhelmed by it. Paul Dini's writing wasn't great on JLU, and The Batman continued that trend IMO. But the script wasn't bad. I think the writing didn't mesh well with the style of The Batman. Still one of my favourites from The Batman, though.

    ... But nearly as good as "Mad Love"? No. Way.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of DarthFreeza

    DarthFreeza

    [14]Jan 27, 2008
    • member since: 11/28/07
    • level: 23
    • rank: Close Talker
    • posts: 3,742
    theportal wrote:
    DarthFreeza wrote:
    theportal wrote:
    sylent_asassin wrote:
    theportal wrote:
    DarthFreeza wrote:
    gamerboy190 wrote:
    ItAintEazy wrote:

    DarthFreeza wrote:
    theportal wrote:
    The DTV will have 6 animated shorts.
    Well thats what I get for being hopeful =/

    Hey, one short would be a whole lot better than, say, a whole season of "The Batman".



    Season 4 was pretty good, but you're pretty much right about that.
    Probably... unless we're talking of season 4.


    Season 4 was actually better than a few seasons of the DCAU. Other than that... Anyway, the DTV shorts have a lot of potential. But I'm more excited about The New Frontier (less than a month away! ).


    Seriously? Maybe the Zeta Project, a few moral and ethics episodes of Static Shock and a few episodes of GK. Other than that, as good as season 4 was, it doesn't even touch the DCAU... and the best part of season 4 were the team-ups. the Batman has a difficult time standing on its own without assistance. First, they needed Robin then Batgirl and now the DC Heroes. Without the aforementioned, the Batman is barely noteworthy.


    Are you thinking of season 5? The only team-up in season 4 is Martian Manhunter in the two-part finale. Maybe I was exaggerating a bit though... But come on, "A Matter of Family" and "Seconds" are awesome! Not sure about the rest...
    *cough* Two of a Kind *cough*

    That was almost as good as "Mad Love." Not quite as good but still some excellent writing.


    Hmm... I was a bit underwhelmed by it. Paul Dini's writing wasn't great on JLU, and The Batman continued that trend IMO. But the script wasn't bad. I think the writing didn't mesh well with the style of The Batman. Still one of my favourites from The Batman, though.

    ... But nearly as good as "Mad Love"? No. Way.
    I bit of over-exageration.... by almost as good as "Mad Love" I meant almost as good of a origin for Harley. That TV show idea was a brillient idea.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of r10tp00f

    r10tp00f

    [15]Jan 28, 2008
    • member since: 08/18/06
    • level: 7
    • rank: Talk Show Host
    • posts: 161

    *sigh* I hate to admit this because I hate The Batman with a flaming passion, but the Harley origin in Two of A Kind, rather makes more sense then the original Harley origin. In the original origin she was a respected doctor at Arkham, specializing in dealing with sociopaths and yet she still fell in love with the Joker. The magic of love made her blind, yadda, yadda, and she was willing to do anything. In The Batman's Two of A Kind, the transformation into Harley made a bit more sense; she was already crazy. She wasn't a respected doctor, she was a kooky tv show host, and more importantly an idiot, where as in the original origin she was more intelligent, and the jump to Harley seemed less likely...unless you believe in love.

    You know my girlfriend actually got me starting to think about this. Personally I still like the orginal Harely origin better, even if it makes less sense...

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of r10tp00f

    r10tp00f

    [16]Jan 28, 2008
    • member since: 08/18/06
    • level: 7
    • rank: Talk Show Host
    • posts: 161
    I should move this reply to The Batman boards...
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of theportal

    theportal

    [17]Jan 29, 2008
    • member since: 05/07/06
    • level: 26
    • rank: Bow Flex
    • posts: 17,175
    In the defence of "Mad Love", the story was adapted directly from a comic by Bruce Timm and Paul Dini, so some of the stuff, like Harley's past, had to be missed out in the episode. Otherwise we would have had more insight into the kind of person she always was.
    Edited on 01/29/2008 12:02am
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of ItAintEazy

    ItAintEazy

    [18]Jan 29, 2008
    • member since: 06/11/05
    • level: 3
    • rank: Soup Nazi
    • posts: 119

    theportal wrote:
    Season 4 was actually better than a few seasons of the DCAU. Other than that... Anyway, the DTV shorts have a lot of potential. But I'm more excited about The New Frontier (less than a month away! ).

    Okay, I'll admit, it might take 3 or 4 "Gotham Knight" shorts to overtake the entire fourth season

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of ItAintEazy

    ItAintEazy

    [19]Jan 29, 2008
    • member since: 06/11/05
    • level: 3
    • rank: Soup Nazi
    • posts: 119
    r10tp00f wrote:

    *sigh* I hate to admit this because I hate The Batman with a flaming passion, but the Harley origin in Two of A Kind, rather makes more sense then the original Harley origin. In the original origin she was a respected doctor at Arkham, specializing in dealing with sociopaths and yet she still fell in love with the Joker. The magic of love made her blind, yadda, yadda, and she was willing to do anything. In The Batman's Two of A Kind, the transformation into Harley made a bit more sense; she was already crazy. She wasn't a respected doctor, she was a kooky tv show host, and more importantly an idiot, where as in the original origin she was more intelligent, and the jump to Harley seemed less likely...unless you believe in love.

    You know my girlfriend actually got me starting to think about this. Personally I still like the orginal Harely origin better, even if it makes less sense...

    Yeah, you are right, I wonderhow an intelligent person with access to the Joker'srecordscould believe such a story,but "Two of a Kind" still fulfilled Paul Dini's longtime wish and included a musical piece, which made it lamer than it should have.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of theportal

    theportal

    [20]Jan 29, 2008
    • member since: 05/07/06
    • level: 26
    • rank: Bow Flex
    • posts: 17,175
    ItAintEazy wrote:
    r10tp00f wrote:

    *sigh* I hate to admit this because I hate The Batman with a flaming passion, but the Harley origin in Two of A Kind, rather makes more sense then the original Harley origin. In the original origin she was a respected doctor at Arkham, specializing in dealing with sociopaths and yet she still fell in love with the Joker. The magic of love made her blind, yadda, yadda, and she was willing to do anything. In The Batman's Two of A Kind, the transformation into Harley made a bit more sense; she was already crazy. She wasn't a respected doctor, she was a kooky tv show host, and more importantly an idiot, where as in the original origin she was more intelligent, and the jump to Harley seemed less likely...unless you believe in love.

    You know my girlfriend actually got me starting to think about this. Personally I still like the orginal Harely origin better, even if it makes less sense...

    Yeah, you are right, I wonderhow an intelligent person with access to the Joker'srecordscould believe such a story,but "Two of a Kind" still fulfilled Paul Dini's longtime wish and included a musical piece, which made it lamer than it should have.



    What?! There's a musical piece in "Harlequinade" too, and it's awesome! "Harlequinade" is one of the best episodes of ANY animated show!
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.